ADVERTISEMENT

Mostly Peaceful

BLM started on Biden's watch, a guy who has been in D.C. supposedly working on these issues for 47 years, and yet these people still have to protest. Respectfully, if he hasn't fixed shit in 5 decades, then four more years of Biden is not going to cure a damn thing.

Second and more important, the party in charge of all of the places where this stuff is happening from the governor on down to the city council is Democrats. Democrats as far as the eye can see. The President does not make local rules about law enforcement, training and the like is the perview of the local authorities. And all of those Democrats that are at the ground level have not done shit the entire summer to address the issue or stop the riots when the protests get "fiery" as CNN would say. So why would anyone believe that 5 decades of mediocrity Biden and his parties 5 decades of running the urban areas of the country into the ground are going to suddenly stop and fix things?

Well, if we didn't have a racist president trying to divide the country rather than unite the country then we wouldn't have gotten to this point. Trump is setting the example.

It is not a coincidence that the biggest a** to sit the white house has overseen the crap show we are seeing. All he does is rile up his racist base

Reactions: T.M.P.
The US was never like this before Trump. Trump wants conflict, not peace. He coddles white nationalists, bashes our military, let's Russia put bounties on our troops, encourages violence, lies more than 20 times per day.

He's disgusting. How you can't see that Biden is 10 times the man that Trump is and could ever be is beyond belief. I actually pity you.
I pity you too. So now we can have a pity party. I'll bring the beer, you bring the whine. You have lots of it.

The President does not make local rules about law enforcement, training and the like is the perview of the local authorities. And all of those Democrats that are at the ground level have not done shit the entire summer to address the issue or stop the riots when the protests get "fiery" as CNN would say.
Trump fans the flames in a bigly way, like nobody's ever seen before.

Reactions: UncleMark
Dude. I sure hope you are drunk at 9 am for some reason, because comments like that are not okay.
Your Heroes:
'JoJo Rosenbaum (dead)
11 counts child molestation in Pima County, Az, including anal rape, boys 9-11 years old, 12+ years prison, during which he earned 42 infractions.

Anthony Huber (dead)
Battery, repeated Domestic Abuse including strangulation and false imprisonment

Gaige Grosskreutz: (will be jerking off his boyfriend left-handed).
Illegal possession of firearm while intoxicated, burglary, others..

Some Biden/Soros heroes...

Your Heroes:
'JoJo Rosenbaum (dead)
11 counts child molestation in Pima County, Az, including anal rape, boys 9-11 years old, 12+ years prison, during which he earned 42 infractions.

Anthony Huber (dead)

Your hero...

funny-trump-quotes1a.jpg

Reactions: IU_Hickory
support for BLM is already dwindling among whites.

Which is too bad. It was predictable though given the methods of spreading the message.

No one learned from Colin Kap's mistakes...in fact they made it a lot worse by using violence and destruction while the media and left either ignored it or made excuses.

Basically my response to most of you anymore too. Keep it up though, I fully support this stuff continuing until November. We just might get a repeat of this on the board.

With apologies to our liberal friends - as much as I share that lady's dislike of Trump, I find her screaming act and apology to the world to be hilariously over the top. I laugh every time I see that video. I'm commissioner of a fantasy football league and I have three members that are prone to whining - I'll occasionally use a gif of that in response to one of their whines about a player getting hurt or losing a close one. It always makes me laugh at least. ;) Not only do they whine more than anyone, they also put in more time on their roster than anyone else and at least one of them has finished first or second the last five years.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
With apologies to our liberal friends - as much as I share that lady's dislike of Trump, I find her screaming act and apology to the world to be hilariously over the top. I laugh every time I see that video. I'm commissioner of a fantasy football league and I have three members that are prone to whining - I'll occasionally use a gif of that in response to one of their whines about a player getting hurt or losing a close one. It always makes me laugh at least. ;) Not only do they whine more than anyone, they also put in more time on their roster than anyone else and at least one of them has finished first or second the last five years.

I don't mock that woman. That was simply mental illness.

Your Heroes:
'JoJo Rosenbaum (dead)

Anthony Huber (dead)

Holy crap.

Which is too bad. It was predictable though given the methods of spreading the message.

No one learned from Colin Kap's mistakes...in fact they made it a lot worse by using violence and destruction while the media and left either ignored it or made excuses.
yes the violence/destruction/media didn't help. that said it's human nature. people don't like stuff aggressively shoved down their throats; even when the cause is just. backlash is unavoidable and predictable.

Saying the tanking economy, Covid and rabid Dem rioters are happening WHILE Trump is president is true. Saying they are all his fault is not. In fact, every attempt he makes to solve or mitigate any one of those issues (open schools, hcq, federal officers in riot zones, et al) is met with resistance and/or ridicule (some of it is earned, but most of it is based on the 4-year tantrum the libs have been having). When he backs off and let's state and local officials handle their business, it doesn't get handled. AND he gets blamed for it.

I agree we needed a statesman at the helm this year when the pandemic was ramping up. It's no secret around here that like Trump, I believe the broad shutdowns and mandates are an overreation and should be reversed in favor of more precise, localized mitigation. Trump was insensitive and clumsy in making that case and it made people angry. He gets in front of cameras and appears to be consumed by his desire to be admired. He's gross. I get it.

The same people hated Bush too. Admittedly, Trump is coarse enough that plenty from his own party dislike him to boot. While I wont vote for Trump again, I dont hate him, and I don't blame him for the things he can't control.
That's ok Hilz...I'll vote for him twice..

Do you think they would be there if the local mayor and Gov had shut down the riots like they should have Day 1? No riots, no clowns as you stated.

Poor leadership allowing the riots has created a situation where morons on both sides feel the need to get involved. Call the Feds, ask for help, and end this now.

These are not locals- they are opportunists travelling across state lines with their own private arsenal.

I don't think the Nazis and neo-Fascists would have rallied in Charlottesville if the Charlottesville City-Council had not voted unanimously in 2017 to remove the statues the KKK helped erect in 1923. But they did, and someone died.

So what is this guy's excuse?

"A Florida man who called himself “the Antifa hunter” as he waged an online campaign to terrorize and harass those who opposed his white supremacist ideology was sentenced on Monday to more than three years in prison.

Daniel McMahon, 32, of Brandon, Florida, pleaded guilty in April to using social media to threaten a Black activist to deter the man from running for office in Charlottesville, Virginia. McMahon also admitted that he threatened to sexually assault the young autistic daughter of a North Carolina woman who protested against white nationalists.

A federal judge in Virginia sentenced McMahon to three years and five months in prison. McMahon declined an opportunity to make a public statement beforehand, but he heard from his victims during the hearing, which was conducted remotely by video conference."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/antifa-hunter-gets-3-years-175253012.html

Your Heroes:
'JoJo Rosenbaum (dead)

Anthony Huber (dead)

WTF happened to you?

BLM started on Biden's watch, a guy who has been in D.C. supposedly working on these issues for 47 years, and yet these people still have to protest. Respectfully, if he hasn't fixed shit in 5 decades, then four more years of Biden is not going to cure a damn thing.

Second and more important, the party in charge of all of the places where this stuff is happening from the governor on down to the city council is Democrats. Democrats as far as the eye can see. The President does not make local rules about law enforcement, training and the like is the perview of the local authorities. And all of those Democrats that are at the ground level have not done shit the entire summer to address the issue or stop the riots when the protests get "fiery" as CNN would say. So why would anyone believe that 5 decades of mediocrity Biden and his parties 5 decades of running the urban areas of the country into the ground are going to suddenly stop and fix things?

There were BLM protests and riots under Obama and Biden. They lasted a week or two.

Then another case of another black dude getting killed happened under Obama/Biden and it lasted a couple of weeks and Kaepernick started kneeling in protest.

Then all the cops were acquitted and riots broke out again and then quelled.

There are two forces at play now. You have a movement that is wondering if they are being heard and you have a national leader that is refusing to listen, that is demonizing, threatening and literally physically engaging while spewing hate filled rhetoric.

I don't know about you but in general if you're pissed and all you hear is shut the F up or I will arrest you....trying to rule by fear and intimidation isn't the most effective way.

Again it's not going to stop until the movement feels heard or sees changes. If you are really concerned about that a feel that Trump is the best person to alleviate the situation well....he's been ineffective so far.

Oh and if your answer is to arrest, scare, intimidate and dominate then that is extremely difficult to do over generations. It breeds angst and resentment. If white America is deep down scared of black and brown America....oppression is rarely a good answer for unity.

These are not locals- they are opportunists travelling across state lines with their own private arsenal.

I don't think the Nazis and neo-Fascists would have rallied in Charlottesville if the Charlottesville City-Council had not voted unanimously in 2017 to remove the statues the KKK helped erect in 1923. But they did, and someone died.

"A Florida man who called himself “the Antifa hunter” as he waged an online campaign to terrorize and harass those who opposed his white supremacist ideology was sentenced on Monday to more than three years in prison.

Daniel McMahon, 32, of Brandon, Florida, pleaded guilty in April to using social media to threaten a Black activist to deter the man from running for office in Charlottesville, Virginia. McMahon also admitted that he threatened to sexually assault the young autistic daughter of a North Carolina woman who protested against white nationalists.

A federal judge in Virginia sentenced McMahon to three years and five months in prison. McMahon declined an opportunity to make a public statement beforehand, but he heard from his victims during the hearing, which was conducted remotely by video conference."

He is a POS.

My point is not which side has the worse set of human filth. Both the white supremacists and Antifa have plenty of scum. But it is the mayor's, govs, and DAs who are not enforcing the law. And when that happens, then yes, some people think they need to take the law into their own hands.

There were BLM protests and riots under Obama and Biden. They lasted a week or two.

Then another case of another black dude getting killed happened under Obama/Biden and it lasted a couple of weeks and Kaepernick started kneeling in protest.

Then all the cops were acquitted and riots broke out again and then quelled.

There are two forces at play now. You have a movement that is wondering if they are being heard and you have a national leader that is refusing to listen, that is demonizing, threatening and literally physically engaging while spewing hate filled rhetoric.

I don't know about you but in general if you're pissed and all you hear is shut the F up or I will arrest you....trying to rule by fear and intimidation isn't the most effective way.

Again it's not going to stop until the movement feels heard or sees changes. If you are really concerned about that a feel that Trump is the best person to alleviate the situation well....he's been ineffective so far.

Oh and if your answer is to arrest, scare, intimidate and dominate then that is extremely difficult to do over generations. It breeds angst and resentment. If white America is deep down scared of black and brown America....oppression is rarely a good answer for unity.
yeah this is a bit different. with the ferguson riots the rioters destroyed parts of ferguson. then they came and ran protests across from the courthouse and jail in clayton missouri to scream at the prosecutors etc. I could watch it from my office window. they did a bit of damage and some offices were locked but it was largely peaceful. this is like nothing i've ever seen in that it's gone on for so long that now the rednecks are fighting back. it has a different vibe to it. BLM really screwed the pooch with protests going on for so long. ive seen support for BLM all the way down to 52% and falling. my guess is that this will end up one massive missed opportunity.

yeah this is a bit different. with the ferguson riots the rioters destroyed parts of ferguson. then they came and ran protests across from the courthouse and jail in clayton missouri to scream at the prosecutors etc. I could watch it from my office window. they did a bit of damage and some offices were locked but it was largely peaceful. this is like nothing i've ever seen in that it's gone on for so long that now the rednecks are fighting back. it has a different vibe to it. BLM really screwed the pooch with protests going on for so long. ive seen support for BLM all the way down to 52% and falling. my guess is that this will end up one massive missed opportunity.

The hardest thing for a movement is to remain peaceful. Peaceful protests aren't just a bunch of pussies holding hands and singing Imagine by John Lennon. They are an effective tactic because they are trying to build sympathy and trigger their aggressors into violence...which builds overwhelming sympathy for the cause. Turning to violence kills sympathy and momentum and the movement just seems crazy radical.

I've been reading up on authoritarianism. How it rises and how it's defeated and our political system pretty much mirrors an emerging authoritarian environment. The number one tactic to beat it is peaceful protest (build sympathy and concensus among the people).

Violent protests just makes people scared and more apt to turn to a authoritarian strongman who says he'll kill the uprising, protect the people by force but in turn be given unlimited power since he is the strongman (like what happened in the Philippines).

So yeah, as BLM turns violent, right on cue support will dwindle and it plays into the law and order strongman's game.

This isn't a secret and it's why guys like myself do believe (and really want to know) who are the looters. I can't believe it's 100% BLM but I don't know.

You don’t understand how leadership works which is not surprising. Congrats on being a hillbilly drama queen.

You have no idea just how far off you are.

Since we are judging, your posts are 100% embarrassing hyper partisan parroting. Best to hold your tongue tough guy..

Now do Michael Reinoehl.

Reactions: ribbont
I've been reading up on authoritarianism. How it rises and how it's defeated and our political system pretty much mirrors an emerging authoritarian environment. The number one tactic to beat it is peaceful protest (build sympathy and concensus among the people).

Bingo. Trump checks every box for authoritarianism. He also checks every box for the opposite of an effective leader.

The problem is his supporters (and supposedly non-supporters) will never admit it if given a checklist of traits and behaviors of an authoritarian, but they would find a way to say Obama is one and both parties are equally corrupt (see nearly every thread on this board about equal party corruption and integrity). As UncleMark said and I have stated several times, this goes beyond the POTUS and the Repub party has opened the gate to this problem.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Agree with those who don't blame Trump entirely for what is happening in a relatively few cities in America.

Also don't accept these relatively few cities represent most of our country which has had hundreds of peaceful protests.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoosboot
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT