ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch McConnell

True that. He was a smooth, calculated operator, but alas, his time had come. Dbm is kidding himself. He'll be back here bitching about Cornyn this time next year.
If it's Cornyn or Thune yes we're doomed. We've made a lot of progress but still plenty of RINOS left. Rick Scott might be a good compromise.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
You mean he's not a deep state sellout? Who knew.
I say Rand Paul is worse because he's actually a very smart guy, by all appearances. But then he checks his brain at the door to adopt silly positions to appeal to his fanboys like you.

I'm pretty sure Rand Paul is a true believer in every weird thing he does.
I suppose that's possible. It's a shame that someone intelligent enough to get an MD degree from Duke would still buy into so many kooky beliefs, even some that are medically related and decidedly un-scientific. I have met some doctors that are just totally not into any of the science behind their profession, though. Doctors leaning toward so-called "alternative medicine". If alternative medicine worked, we'd just call it "medicine"

lol….of course you think one of the few fiscal conservatives left is the worse
I have no problems at all with his fiscal conservativism. I wish more politicians were like him and there was a discussion of how to pay for everything approved, including how to pay for social security in the long term and how to handle our expensive job as policeman of the world.

It was his kooky COVID-related rants that soured me on the guy.

I have no problems at all with his fiscal conservativism. I wish more politicians were like him and there was a discussion of how to pay for everything approved, including how to pay for social security in the long term and how to handle our expensive job as policeman of the world.

It was his kooky COVID-related rants that soured me on the guy.
That’s rich coming from you. 🤣🤣🤣

When it comes to political abilities, Mitch is in many ways the Senate/GOP version of Pelosi.
That's a really good - and apt - comparison. Both are/were masters at navigating DC politics. I'm sure there are folks waiting in the wings, but I honestly can't think of people on either side of the aisle that are as good at traditional politics as those two have been.

True that. He was a smooth, calculated operator, but alas, his time had come. Dbm is kidding himself. He'll be back here bitching about Cornyn this time next year.
I don't get why the Mitch haters can't see that the SCOTUS would be a helluva lot more 'progressive' with him.

No one bats 1.000, but Mitch has overall been a good Republican leader in the Senate.

Reactions: jet812
I don't get why the Mitch haters can't see that the SCOTUS would be a helluva lot more 'progressive' with him.

No one bats 1.000, but Mitch has overall been a good Republican leader in the Senate.
The Republican party has an infection. Self-promotion, purity tests and projection currently rule the roost in the House. They can't coalesce behind anything and of course the slim and growing slimmer majority makes matters even worse.

If they let the same thing happen in the Senate they'll be in for a world of hurt.

That's not to say the house should have passed the de facto amnesty bill of course.

Reactions: DANC
The Republican party has an infection. Self-promotion, purity tests and projection currently rule the roost in the House. They can't coalesce behind anything and of course the slim and growing slimmer majority makes matters even worse.

If they let the same thing happen in the Senate they'll be in for a world of hurt.

That's not to say the house should have passed the de facto amnesty bill of course.
I couldn't agree more. I don't know why more can't see it.

Well said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT