ADVERTISEMENT

Mentally weak team

IU Scott

Hall of Famer
Jun 28, 2014
Greenfield Indiana
All the improvement we have seen the last few weeks was totally lost tonight. Our team just did not come to play today and they played with no emotion. You have to mentally prepare for the short turn around and get over the big win. This is totally unacceptable and the guards turnovers was just careless.

Reactions: IUgradman
You can blame Crean...

I largely agree but we can't have too many of these massive highs and lows as the season wears on. Need to see a smoother trajectory from this group.

I mean, as much credit that our staff gets for Saturday, they clearly didn't have this group ready tonight. This is a step back.

It boggles my mind that our senior guards can have such low basketball IQ. That drives a lot of this.
It drives all of it.

The margin of error for this group of guards is razor-thin. Even worse than the TO’s was the perimeter defense. FW shot 17-30 (56%), and we’re not beating anyone with those numbers.

The fact is the players we need to really count on - the seniors - laid a huge egg. Again.

First one is a freshman. Second one is a 5th year senior.

Ok? That doesn’t change the fact they are bad. There are freshman every year that are the best players in the country. They are just bad. Durham is more of a mid major guy and Newkirk is more of a high school JV player.

We're a small slow footed team
. With no true shooters. I go with green at point rest of year..cliff Moore in middle. Justin Smith sf. Durham guard. An Morgan. Play for next year. Everyone who started tonight. Wouldn't start in next game is maybe even play. This season isn't going no where. An think most of us know that. Like to see Blackmon play alittle an Piller. Davis is to dum an slow an no vertical. Newkirk would be done. Play for next year

Reactions: BigMobe and 76-1
. With no true shooters. I go with green at point rest of year..cliff Moore in middle. Justin Smith sf. Durham guard. An Morgan. Play for next year. Everyone who started tonight. Wouldn't start in next game is maybe even play. This season isn't going no where. An think most of us know that. Like to see Blackmon play alittle an Piller. Davis is to dum an slow an no vertical. Newkirk would be done. Play for next year
I'll drink what you're drinking!

Reactions: bedrock hoosier
I largely agree but we can't have too many of these massive highs and lows as the season wears on. Need to see a smoother trajectory from this group.

I mean, as much credit that our staff gets for Saturday, they clearly didn't have this group ready tonight. This is a step back.

What's odd is that Archie himself is very steady and even-keeled.........I would expect these kinds of swings with the manic coach TC, but I am surprised that it continues with CAM.

All the improvement we have seen the last few weeks was totally lost tonight. Our team just did not come to play today and they played with no emotion. You have to mentally prepare for the short turn around and get over the big win. This is totally unacceptable and the guards turnovers was just careless.

Scott you did not like my post this morning regarding CAM being the savior of IU basketball but this is reality for this team. They are simply not good at much of anything. Well except turnovers and poor defense.

What's odd is that Archie himself is very steady and even-keeled.........I would expect these kinds of swings with the manic coach TC, but I am surprised that it continues with CAM.
I don't know. They had a shot of Coach Miller on the bench at one point during the second half, and it looked to me like he wanted to murder someone.

I'm inclined to agree with Gabby Johnson here...shift the bulk of the minutes to the group coming back next year. I disagree with Gabby inre Davis...

I don't know. They had a shot of Coach Miller on the bench at one point during the second half, and it looked to me like he wanted to murder someone.

You can tell he's seething on the inside, but what's coming out is very measured/restrained so far.......I would like to see today's practice to see how he handles things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT