ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions -Bethune C

Chicago-bound Hoosier

All-American
Mar 14, 2003
Get off my lawn
apparently we face something called Bethune Cookman tonight.

Looks like Iowa beat them earlier this week 89-58.

Combo of weak opponent and quick turn second game after 1st game anticipation hype, maybe all this leading to marginal interest for tonight's game?

I'll do my part....IU 95 BCU 63

side note- BCU head coach is Reggie Theus, the coolest dude on the Bulls/Chicago before Jordan came to down.

EDIT- yes I realized after the fact that this game is tomorrow (Thursday). Or more accurately, I realized after being awake for 10 hrs, that TODAY is NOT Thursday but actually Wednesday.

Last edited:

Combo of weak apponent and quick turn second game after 1st game anticipation hype, maybe all this leading to marginal interest for tonight's game?

side note- BCU head coach is Reggie Theus, the coolest dude on the Bulls/Chicago before Jordan came to down.
Just for general reference, this game is tomorrow night.

Combo of weak apponent and quick turn second game after 1st game anticipation hype, maybe all this leading to marginal interest for tonight's game?

I predict Bethune Cookman will NOT lose to IU tonight!

And I'll forgive you and do mine but only since no one else has:

IU 96-47. Likely heavily biased by wishful thinking but no less in the realm of possibility. Couple different bounces and that could easily have been the score against Morehead State - no offense to the Eagles but after the 21-all point they were a hair's breadth away from being run out of he Gym.

Hell , while we're here, I mean if we're going to do this properly there should be at least one additional random prediction, so how about:

— Reign of Threes - High volume at or around 50%.

— TJD with a double-double.

— Xavier gets it on.

That's three. Over-achieving/trying too hard today. Go IU!

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 🍏

Reactions: Cavanagh
At least it gets dark just after 4:30 now, so we got that going for us.
My co-workers in south FL ask me how I can stand the cold in the winter...I tell them it's actually the perpetual darkness that sucks more than the snow. It snows occasionally, but it gets dark before 5pm every F-n night from now until March 1. Hate it.

What sucks is I went thru the first half of today thinking it was Thursday, then I realize it's not.

My co-workers in south FL ask me how I can stand the cold in the winter...I tell them it's actually the perpetual darkness that sucks more than the snow. It snows occasionally, but it gets dark before 5pm every F-n night from now until March 1. Hate it.

What sucks is I went thru the first half of today thinking it was Thursday, then I realize it's not.
Sounds like a free day. Woo-hoo!

This is worth watching at the beginning when the writer says Reggie Theus is older than CMW, and again later when, it sounds like a student reporter, asks about CMW's bball memories growing up. Love how thoughtful and charismatic he is. I've never heard him get short or belittle a reporter. Also good when a guy asks if Malik can bring the ball up and do stuff out on the floor!

This is worth watching at the beginning when the writer says Reggie Theus is older than CMW, and again later when, it sounds like a student reporter, asks about CMW's bball memories growing up. Love how thoughtful and charismatic he is. I've never heard him get short or belittle a reporter. Also good when a guy asks if Malik can bring the ball up and do stuff out on the floor!
Getting short with a reporter….hmmmm…..I wonder who he learned that from?

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
He didn’t get short with the reporter and even tho it was nice to hear some stories, wished he would’ve said a little something about bc

Reactions: kkott
Iowa beat them 89-58...

I say we beat them 82-49.

Our defense is usually a bit better than Iowa's. And their offense plays a little faster than ours, usually.

I'm feeling Race as one of our leading scorers tonight.

JHS will flirt with 10 assists.

Tamar will have a good game.

Getting short with a reporter….hmmmm…..I wonder who he learned that from?
BusD is right: didn't get short at all and kind of played around with him... as he has done in almost every interview I've seen. He's the anti-RMK in interviews, very cordial, thoughtful and friendly. Watch it... it's pretty funny when the reporter sheepishly comes back and says RT is older... "Thank You!"

BusD is right: didn't get short at all and kind of played around with him... as he has done in almost every interview I've seen. He's the anti-RMK in interviews, very cordial, thoughtful and friendly. Watch it... it's pretty funny when the reporter sheepishly comes back and says RT is older... "Thank You!"
I didn't watch it yet (obviously).
And let's be honest....most everyone is the anti-RMK in interviews. RMK's skill set with the press was very....shall we say....unique?

Reactions: Crayfish57
Seems like everyone * has us in the 80s and B-C in the 40s.

I say 91 - 39 Hoosiers

edit: * well, obviously not everyone

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Combo of weak opponent and quick turn second game after 1st game anticipation hype, maybe all this leading to marginal interest for tonight's game?

EDIT- yes I realized after the fact that this game is tomorrow (Thursday). Or more accurately, I realized after being awake for 10 hrs, that TODAY is NOT Thursday but actually Wednesday.
If Iowa beat them by 31, IU will beat them by 41. IU 100-59.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
And let's be honest....most everyone is the anti-RMK in interviews. RMK's skill set with the press was very....shall we say....unique?
I don't know how unique it is. Lots of folks become snarky and douchebags in front of the press at times... thinking Dick Cheney, Bellichek, Aaron Rodgers, Archie at times... But, we've had an uncommon run on guys who could be embarassing: Archie's level of discomfort and snarkiness, Creans spaz antics, Kelvin could be snarky, but until MW was the clubhouse leader of post-Knight coaches in interviews, and Mike Davis' discomfort too. CMW is thoughtful, funny and engaging and I know the writers have to appreciate it. And, I would guess it will pay dividends with kinder coverage of CMW and the program. They often don't want to ask the questions they do, but it is their job.

different/better question: what are you most hoping to see tonight:

1. XJ gets on track. Doesn't force things 2:1 a:to and hits a 3 or 2.
  2. >70% FTs
  3. I'd like to see us look to drive and dish and take more 3s. I'd really like to see them run some screens to try and free up MK, and wouldn't mind him driving and working to get to the line too!
  4. Watched most of a replay of Morehead St but looking forward to seeing them live tonight!

I don't know how unique it is. Lots of folks become snarky and douchebags in front of the press at times... thinking Dick Cheney, Bellichek, Aaron Rodgers, Archie at times... But, we've had an uncommon run on guys who could be embarassing: Archie's level of discomfort and snarkiness, Creans spaz antics, Kelvin could be snarky, but until MW was the clubhouse leader of post-Knight coaches in interviews, and Mike Davis' discomfort too. CMW is thoughtful, funny and engaging and I know the writers have to appreciate it. And, I would guess it will pay dividends with kinder coverage of CMW and the program. They often don't want to ask the questions they do, but it is their job.
Bellichek is a real loofy prick.
I think Aaron Rodgers suffers from excessive concussion syndrome

Sidebar - Games to keep an eye on tonight. Especially for bettors:
Radford vs Notre Dame
North Dakota vs Creighton
Gardner Webb vs SF Austin
North Dakota State vs Kansas - see how close the half time score is. Kansas will romp in the 2nd half.

RMK basically could not abide dumb questions from people who knew less than he did about basketball. He had a few exceptions, Hammel and Fischer, and he mostly got along OK with Chuck Marlowe on his TV show as best I remember. I always liked when Fischer would ask him about the starting lineup and he'd say "You tell me, Don."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT