ADVERTISEMENT

IU -21.5

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
Mike Woodson came back to his alma mater at the lowest point in its basketball history. What was a laughing stock, and the seemingly inevitable fall to irrelevance, Mike wasn't having it. Many of days that first summer I would pass Assembly Hall before 8am, one constant was outside Cook Hall. Coaches black SUV.

Last year we saw a real coach motivate and inspire young men. We saw those men willing to put it all on the court to do what their coach had been preaching. Signs of passion and emotion, that had been few and far between the last few decades, were starting to percolate again. The season by no means was perfect, but the best basketball was played in the final month, and that was "kinda nice to see".

This year Mike landed a pair of 5 star studs to the likes we have never seen before. There will be no hope of development for future years with Malik and Jalen. They are ready for B1G ball now. Pairing that with the most returning talent in the league, IU is poised for a year to remember.

Gambling wise Vegas caught up with us, we are no longer the undervalued dog. We are favored to win all but 5 games. That is tough sledding for a gambler. My advice is pick a few of these large point spread early games, and a few you really like (cough cough UNC and AZ). I will not be betting on every game this year like last, but this first game you better believe I am ALLLLLLLL ABOARD!!!!!

Where is all the idiot posters that said JHS wouldn’t start?

Were “are” all the idiot posters that said JHS wouldn’t start?
The question was who the back-up point guard would be not wether JHS was a starter. That opened up the discussion. So if that makes a few of us idiots then fine. Oh and I fixed your one liner post.

Mike Woodson came back to his alma mater at the lowest point in its basketball history. What was a laughing stock, and the seemingly inevitable fall to irrelevance, Mike wasn't having it. Many of days that first summer I would pass Assembly Hall before 8am, one constant was outside Cook Hall. Coaches black SUV.

Last year we saw a real coach motivate and inspire young men. We saw those men willing to put it all on the court to do what their coach had been preaching. Signs of passion and emotion, that had been few and far between the last few decades, were starting to percolate again. The season by no means was perfect, but the best basketball was played in the final month, and that was "kinda nice to see".

This year Mike landed a pair of 5 star studs to the likes we have never seen before. There will be no hope of development for future years with Malik and Jalen. They are ready for B1G ball now. Pairing that with the most returning talent in the league, IU is poised for a year to remember.

Gambling wise Vegas caught up with us, we are no longer the undervalued dog. We are favored to win all but 5 games. That is tough sledding for a gambler. My advice is pick a few of these large point spread early games, and a few you really like (cough cough UNC and AZ). I will not be betting on every game this year like last, but this first game you better believe I am ALLLLLLLL ABOARD!!!!!
Spanky. I'm all in on this one as well.

• Love
Reactions: Cavanagh
I was going to say that the day we hired Sampson was the darkest day.
I suppose that could be true, and is one way to look at it, for sure. But Sampson provided some excitement, so I think the darkness didn't actually set in until the end of his last season. His first team at IU was tougher than nails, and it had a good showing in March. He flipped Gordon to IU, and that offseason, and first 2/3 of that next season, most were very, very excited about IU basketball. Then it all came crashing down, very quickly.

The Dakich days, the Crean hiring, then the first couple years of Crean...were the Indiana Dark Ages, for me.

Hoosiers went 20-15 ATS, or 57.1%, or profitable if you bet every game. Can’t blame Nostradumbass for not trying to give you money last year 🙃

Smart money looks to be betting the spread on Home games.
The hall of calls. I saw a ref get booed in the exhibition for an awful offensive foul call on X. He looked like he was going to cry. I was uncomfortable for him. Make up call within 20 seconds…

The hall of calls. I saw a ref get booed in the exhibition for an awful offensive foul call on X. He looked like he was going to cry. I was uncomfortable for him. Make up call within 20 seconds…
No doubt he's in the wrong profession!

Line has jumped to -24.5. Good lord a lot of people are betting on the Hoosiers after reading my post. 😘

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
I'm lazy...isn't 21-24 kind of a small line for a home game against a "gimee" school?

75-52 isn't all that impressive a score, nor is 88-66, or 65-44.

Is Moorhead actually solid?

As bad as the end of the CAM era was, our lowest point was at the time of Kelvin Sampson's exit and it's not even close. I am ALL ABOARD!

As bad as the end of the CAM era was, our lowest point was at the time of Kelvin Sampson's exit and it's not even close. I am ALL ABOARD!
Watching Eric Gordon, DJ White, Armon Basset, Jordan Crawford, Jamarcus Ellis, etc... lose to Minnesota...then get destroyed by Arkansas was just about as depressing as IU basketball has ever been for me. And that includes watching Crean's first two teams.

Reactions: kkott

WTF? You really believe, "Mike Woodson came back to his alma mater at the lowest point in its basketball history"?

No. Here's the guy who came to IU at its lowest point:

cd6cc5c45a01bc1f54c93bd9490aca24.jpg

It was time for Crean to leave when he was fired, but for crying out loud, he took over our team when it was saddled with recruiting sanctions for 2-3 years and was barely able to win any game against any opponent in any division. Then, Crean had a helluva recruiting class and got Indiana ranked No. 1 in the country. He also did this:

When Woodson gets us ranked No. 1, you can tell me I'm wrong.

WTF? You really believe, "Mike Woodson came back to his alma mater at the lowest point in its basketball history"?

No. Here's the guy who came to IU at its lowest point:

cd6cc5c45a01bc1f54c93bd9490aca24.jpg

It was time for Crean to leave when he was fired, but for crying out loud, he took over our team when it was saddled with recruiting sanctions for 2-3 years and was barely able to win any game against any opponent in any division. Then, Crean had a helluva recruiting class and got Indiana ranked No. 1 in the country. He also did this:

When Woodson gets us ranked No. 1, you can tell me I'm wrong.
Ooookaaayyy....now I'm hyped. I can't ever not get goose bumps when I see that highlight.

The question was who the back-up point guard would be not wether JHS was a starter. That opened up the discussion. So if that makes a few of us idiots then fine. Oh and I fixed your one liner post.
I think JHS (will start and be) the backup PG in a three or 4 guard rotation where X or JHS is on the floor all the time. (edited).

I’ll pick scoop at 2 when X or JHS isn’t on the floor.

Last edited:
I think JHS is the backup PG in a three or 4 guard rotation where X or JHS is on the floor all the time.

I’ll pick scoop at 2 when X or JHS isn’t on the floor.
A few of us only questioned how and who would be and that was in the summer. A couple of posters keep bringing it up like it was a bunch of people saying he would never start. They couldn’t wrap their head around it was a discussion.

A few of us only questioned how and who would be and that was in the summer. A couple of posters keep bringing it up like it was a bunch of people saying he would never start. They couldn’t wrap their head around it was a discussion.
See edit.

Watching Eric Gordon, DJ White, Armon Basset, Jordan Crawford, Jamarcus Ellis, etc... lose to Minnesota...then get destroyed by Arkansas was just about as depressing as IU basketball has ever been for me. And that includes watching Crean's first two teams.
I didn't even consider that IU basketball.

Reactions: CradleofBasketball
I thought it was on the regular Big Ten Network but it may be just as well I don't have the Big Ten + package tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT