ADVERTISEMENT

Meeting of the Negative Nancy Club.

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/th...0-recruiting-class.171807/page-3#post-2226128

There is the link for you. Scroll down. I'll quote it for you to save time.

"In a heartbeat. And that's not because I dislike Coach Miller, I think he'll end up at IU for a long time once he gets his guys and roster in place, but Calipari is the best of the best."

So, you think he will be there a long time, but you also don't think he is an elite coach? Gotcha. I would also classify that as a judgement. Do you always talk out of your a@#? You're a lying troll, Purdue Pete.

You understand coaches can grow and get better with time you incompetent jackass? It took John Wooden 18 years to win a national title. It took Jay Wright 15 years to get to a F4. Elite is a state of being. You don't just wake up one day and become elite. You become elite by growing and learning from your mistakes and adjusting accordingly. There's plenty of coaches who are elite today who weren't considered elite at the age of 40. You're ability to come off dumber and dumber with each passing day is truly astounding. There is no hope for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I'm going to stick to my crazy theory that Izzo is an elite coach and Archie isn't, thus it was coaching. You can stick with your theory it was injuries, experience, and etc. Also, winning 18 games and making the tourney doesn't change anything.

Change your mindset to most mid-major coaches flame out like Tommy basketball and you will have a different outlook.

I won’t argue Izzo is an Elite coach.

I won’t argue Archie is.

What I can argue is we don’t know on Archie yet. Might be great; might fall on his ass. I know that 2 years in - especially given the circumstances - is not enough time to make anything resembling an accurate evaluation.

MSU missed games estimated minutes lost.
Langford 26 games. x 30 minutes 750
Ward 5 games x 20 minutes 100
McQuaid 3 games. x 30 minutes. 90

IU missed games .
Hunter 35 games x 20 min? 700
Thompson 25 games x 10 min 250
Durham 1 game x 25 min 25
Phinisee 3 games x 25 min 75
Davis 5 games x 15 min 75
McBob 9 games x 15 min 135
Romeo 3 games x 35 min 105

Estimated minutes lost..
MSU 940 of 7800 or 12%
IU 1,365 of 7000 or 20%.

Edit: I forgot about Devonte. Easy to do with so many players missing games. 4 games 25 minutes per. 7 games if we're counting suspension.

Giving us a total of 1465 of 7000 or 21%. Almost doubling MSU missed minutes.

As much as you pride yourself on being a Kenpom lover, you would hope you could do basic addition. Maybe that's his next article?

The next time you want to make up random numbers, you might want to take in consideration that there are only 200 total minutes in a game. Based on your averages it only leaves 30 minutes for Smith, Morgan, Fitz, and Anderson. Also, you're still missing Ahrens for MSU.

Last edited:
Reactions: fpeaugh
What I can argue is we don’t know on Archie yet. Might be great; might fall on his ass. I know that 2 years in - especially given the circumstances - is not enough time to make anything resembling an accurate evaluation.

This is where we disagree. I think you can make an accurate evaluation. Assuming you agree being correct 90% resembles an accurate evaluation.

This is where we disagree. I think you can make an accurate evaluation. Assuming you agree being correct 90% resembles an accurate evaluation.

There's is nothing you've seen out of Archie in his 8 years as a head coach spanning stops at Dayton and Indiana that suggests Archie has hit a concrete ceiling or can already be deemed a failure.

-At 35 Archie reached the E8
-By 38 he had taken a mid-major to the tournament as an at-large in 4 consecutive seasons

You want some comparisons?

-At 38 Chris Beard was coaching a now defunct semi-professional team based in South Carolina
-John Beilein didn't reach his 4th NCAAT until he was 53 in his 14th year as a D1 head coach
-Jay Wright didn't reach his 4th NCAAT until he was 45 in his 12th year of coaching. It took him 4 years just to make the tournament at Villanova
-Tony Bennett didn't reach his 4th NCAAT until he was 45 either. Tony Bennett was .500 in his first 2 years at Virginia, missed the tournament in 3 out of his first 4 years, and didn't win his first tournament game at Virginia until year 5.

Archie Miller is way ahead of the curve in terms of age and experience on where he stands with the coaches that are considered elite today.

Last edited:
There's is nothing you've seen out of Archie in his 8 years as a head coach spanning stops at Dayton and Indiana that suggests Archie has hit a concrete ceiling or can already be deemed a failure.

-By 38 he had taken a mid-major to the tournament as an at-large in 4 consecutive seasons

-At 38 Chris Beard was coaching a now defunct semi-professional team based in South Carolina
-John Beilein didn't reach his 4th NCAAT until he was 53 in his 14th year as a D1 head coach
-Jay Wright didn't reach his 4th NCAAT until he was 45 in his 12th year of coaching. It took him 4 years just to make the tournament at Villanova
-Tony Bennett didn't reach his 4th NCAAT until he was 45 either. Tony Bennett was .500 in his first 2 years at Virginia, missed the tournament in 3 out of his first 4 years, and didn't win his first tournament game at Virginia until year 5.

Archie Miller is way ahead of the curve in terms of age and experience on where he stands with the coaches that are considered elite today.
Archie continued the work of the prior coach at Dayton...Brian Gregory.
Archie’s took over Hoosiers two years off winning the B10 Championship.

Dont act like he stepped into a mess at either place and resurrected some down-trodden program.

Archie continued the work of the prior coach at Dayton...Brian Gregory.
Archie’s took over Hoosiers two years off winning the B10 Championship.

Dont act like he stepped into a mess at either place and resurrected some down-trodden program.

Brian Gregory had a losing record in the A10 his last two years at Dayton and failed to make the NCAA tournament. Pull your head out of your ass. Robert Johnson was the only player worth a damn that Archie inherited from that B10 championship team and he was a role player at best. Archie inherited a team who failed to make the tournament the year prior before despite having two 5*'s and a first round draft pick, none of whom stuck around, and actually improved the team from the year before with immensely less talent . He also had zero scholarships available to make room for Grad Transfers due to the atrocious roster construction from Crean.

Last edited:
Brian Gregory had a losing record in the A10 his last two years at Dayton and failed to make the NCAA tournament. Pull your head out of your ass. Robert Johnson was the only player worth a damn that Archie inherited from that B10 championship team and he was a role player at best. Archie inherited a team who failed to make the tournament the year prior before despite having two 5*'s and a first round draft pick, none of whom stuck around, and actually improved the team from the year before with immensely less talent . He also had zero scholarships available to make room for Grad Transfers due to the atrocious roster construction from Crean.
Gregory’s tenure was so poor I guess that he left for the upgrade to true D1 basketball at Georgia Tech...

Gregory’s tenure was so poor I guess that he left for the upgrade to true D1 basketball at Georgia Tech...

And failed miserably at Georgia Tech, what's your point? He made the tournament at Dayton 2 times in 8 years, 4 years apart. The team Archie inherited lost 3 starters including Chris Wright who played in the NBA and Juwan Staten who transferred to West Virginia and become a 2x All-B12 player. Acting like Archie inherited a honey hole at either Dayton or IU is comical.

Reactions: TommyCracker

Archie is a middling mid-major who is in over his at IU. He has nothing in common with Beard, Bennett, and Wright, Purdue Pete.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Archie is a middling mid-major who is in over his at IU. He has nothing in common with Beard, Bennett, and Wright, Purdue Pete.

You're right except that Wright was a middling mid-major coach for 14 years and it took Bennett 5 years to make the dance at Virginia. My point stands, Archie given his age and experience is well above the curve. Thanks for playing.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine

Through 8 years of D1 coaching

Archie Miller 174-94, Tony Bennett 175-93
Archie Miller 4 tournament appearances 5-4 record, Tony Bennett 3 tournament appearances 3-3 record
Archie Miller 40 years old, Tony Bennett 50 years old.

Reactions: MrBing

Archie Miller 4 tournament appearances 5-4 record, Tony Bennett 3 tournament appearances 3-3 record
Bennett took over Virginia after a coach who won .512/.422(conf)of games in the previous 4 years...
Not quite similar.

Bennett took over Virginia after a coach who won .512/.422(conf)of games in the previous 4 years...
Not quite similar.

It took him 5 years to win a tournament game. Archie took over a team projected to finish 10th in the B10. You would lose your damn mind if IU gave Archie Miller 5 years to win a tournament game. You would have ran Tony Bennett off after 2 years, one of the best coaches in the game today. This is how hypocritical how all you dolts are.

Comparing records evenly from a mid-major to a Power 5(6) school is extremely ignorant (Also, after you control for that, you need to take in consideration the school's long term winning percentage). For example, Shaka Smart won 74% of his games at VCU in the A-!0 and is a .500 coach at a Power 5 school. It's much more difficult to win at Power 5 schools.

You're right except that Wright was a middling mid-major coach for 14 years and it took Bennett 5 years to make the dance at Virginia. My point stands, Archie given his age and experience is well above the curve. Thanks for playing.

You have proven your point that you are an unkempt derelict who trolls multiple boards of schools you were never able to attend. Did both IU and PU turn you down and this is your way of getting them back?

Last edited:
Comparing records evenly from a mid-major to a Power 5(6) school is extremely ignorant (Also, after you control for that, you need to take in consideration the school's long term winning percentage). For example, Shaka Smart won 74% of his games at VCU in the A-!0 and is a .500 coach at a Power school. It's much more difficult to win at Power 5 schools.

You have proven your point that you are an unkempt derelict who trolls multiple boards of schools you were never able to attend. Did both IU and PU turn you down and this is your way of getting them back?

Trolling IU? Son I graduated from IU long before you were born, and that was only 25 years ago. Wanting to see a coach succeed and not willing to write him off after two years while providing actual examples where it takes time, patience, and discipline to succeed elsewhere equals trolling? Thanks for the laugh.

Trolling IU? Son I graduated from IU long before you were born, and that was only 25 years ago. Wanting to see a coach succeed and not willing to write him off after two years while providing actual examples where it takes time, patience, and discipline to succeed elsewhere equals trolling? Thanks for the laugh.

No, you're a troll because you go to random boards to try and defend POS like Tom Izzo.

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/and-so-here-we-go-again-msu.170218/

Another great post from you. "I'm not saying there isn't a culture problem at MSU, but there seems to be a lot of unnecessary finger pointing at Izzo. Unless you believe Izzo is complicit with the higher-ups at MSU at the request of not doing proper and thorough investigations into sexual assault (there's no evidence that remotely suggests this), tough to blame the coach of a basketball team.

I can't speak to the most recent allegation because it just came out, but the 2010 allegation between Appling and Payne was 100% reported and investigated, there was no attempt at a coverup. The DA determined there wasn't enough evidence to charge Appling or Payne with sex crimes and to this day many people are still outraged at Izzo because he didn’t discipline either of the players. I don’t understand.
"

I'm sure you had a good laugh after that post, as well, you weird pervert. Normal people don't go onto random boards and try to defend rape enabling POS of like Tom Izzo.

Last edited:
No, you're a troll because you go to random boards to try and defend POS like Tom Izzo.

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/and-so-here-we-go-again-msu.170218/

Another great post from you. "I'm not saying there isn't a culture problem at MSU, but there seems to be a lot of unnecessary finger pointing at Izzo. Unless you believe Izzo is complicit with the higher-ups at MSU at the request of not doing proper and thorough investigations into sexual assault (there's no evidence that remotely suggests this), tough to blame the coach of a basketball team.

I can't speak to the most recent allegation because it just came out, but the 2010 allegation between Appling and Payne was 100% reported and investigated, there was no attempt at a coverup. The DA determined there wasn't enough evidence to charge Appling or Payne with sex crimes and to this day many people are still outraged at Izzo because he didn’t discipline either of the players. I don’t understand.
"

I'm sure you had a good laugh after that post, as well, you weird pervert. Normal people don't go onto random boards and try to defend rape enabling POS of like Tom Izzo.

Do you have any evidence that contradicts anything I said in that post? Something nobody over there could do either.

Do you have any evidence that contradicts anything I said in that post? Something nobody over there could do either.

I was just providing evidence on why I think you are a troll. The fact that you have enough time in your day to make dozens of posts defending rapists, just tells me you’re a pos pervert who gets his jollies off on that type of stuff. See ya.

Reading this thread (and I’m unfamiliar with the Purdue board content because I have never been there) it doesn’t seem that IndyResident16 was defending rapists but only Coach Izzo. Who, if it is true that Appling et al were cleared in court, can hardly be expected to discipline these players. That little thing called innocent until proven guilty, you know.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
Reading this thread (and I’m unfamiliar with the Purdue board content because I have never been there) it doesn’t seem that IndyResident16 was defending rapists but only Coach Izzo. Who, if it is true that Appling et al were cleared in court, can hardly be expected to discipline these players. That little thing called innocent until proven guilty, you know.

Ding ding ding. Amazing that we have to praise people nowadays who use common sense. Snarl left out gross detail without giving any kind of context to which someone said Izzo is complicit in covering up rape. There’s not been one allegation, witness testimony, let alone any single concrete evidence that Tom Izzo “covers up rape”. IU fan, Purdue, MSU fan, fan of whoever, being able to be objective and analyzing actual details and evidence of investigations and police reports isn’t a strong suit for a lot of people, ^^^^^ making my point. Cakes is just a mentally unstable person who is too emotional that lets his opinions get in the way of facts.

I was just providing evidence on why I think you are a troll. The fact that you have enough time in your day to make dozens of posts defending rapists, just tells me you’re a pos pervert who gets his jollies off on that type of stuff. See ya.

I defended rapists? Where did I do that?

I did, did you? Fitzner provided nothing. Had zero interior game and was by and away our worst defender of any rotational player. Race Thompson was at least a competent defender off the bench. That couldn’t be said for Fitzner, Moore, or Forrester. And that was our rotation for a good a month in a half in the B10.
Thompson couldn’t even get on the floor when he was healthy. At best he was as good as the other 3. Certainly not better.

You understand coaches can grow and get better with time you incompetent jackass? It took John Wooden 18 years to win a national title. It took Jay Wright 15 years to get to a F4. Elite is a state of being. You don't just wake up one day and become elite. You become elite by growing and learning from your mistakes and adjusting accordingly. There's plenty of coaches who are elite today who weren't considered elite at the age of 40. You're ability to come off dumber and dumber with each passing day is truly astounding. There is no hope for you.
So if Illinois would’ve just been patient and given Groce time to grow and get better would he have been elite?

Should we have just given Crean 20 years to get better and become elite?

Reactions: cryano
As much as you pride yourself on being a Kenpom lover, you would hope you could do basic addition. Maybe that's his next article?

The next time you want to make up random numbers, you might want to take in consideration that there are only 200 total minutes in a game. Based on your averages it only leaves 30 minutes for Smith, Morgan, Fitz, and Anderson. Also, you're still missing Ahrens for MSU.
TMP is the most clueless poster in this board’s history.

Tom Crean was in the Final Four at age 37. Groce was Illinois’s coach at 40. This is a more accurate comparison.

According to you, no....IU was the most injured team of any sport....ever. You obviously have done all the research to prove your point. Please post it.
Make better arguments. You're embarrassing.

That wasn't what he said. It was never even implied and if that's what you have inferred, you're an idiot.

Do better than trumptard level trolling with alternative reasoning.

Represent, if you're able. Are you?

Last edited:
According to you, no....IU was the most injured team of any sport....ever. You obviously have done all the research to prove your point. Please post it.
I’ve already said they probably weren’t.

But whomever had more likely didn’t make postseason play - almost certainly not NCAA.

What’s amazing to me is how you can’t even provide a single team - yet you (and others) appear disgusted that Archie couldn’t get IU in the dance. In his second year , only one true recruiting class and and still trying to establish program culture, yet people think he’s supposed to be some kind of magician.

No one should be happy with how last year turned out. But if you can’t appreciate the confluence of circumstances for last year‘s team, there’s nothing else I can tell you .

I’ve already said they probably weren’t.

But whomever had more likely didn’t make postseason play - almost certainly not NCAA.

What’s amazing to me is how you can’t even provide a single team - yet you (and others) appear disgusted that Archie couldn’t get IU in the dance. In his second year , only one true recruiting class and and still trying to establish program culture, yet people think he’s supposed to be some kind of magician.

No one should be happy with how last year turned out. But if you can’t appreciate the confluence of circumstances for last year‘s team, there’s nothing else I can tell you .
Well than you take your dumbass and spend the time to go through 68 teams and see if any other team had a player w a concussion (Phinisee)...bc thts abt the extent.

HIPPA or whatever the new regulation is, is going to make that really tough - and probably why you cant find that. Because you follow IU closely you know some injuries off top of your head...and because you dont follow every other school in the US as closely you miss their injuries.

ALL SCHOOLS HAVE INJURIES!
Doesnt make Archie’s game management any more or less acceptable!

Well than you take your dumbass and spend the time to go through 68 teams and see if any other team had a player w a concussion (Phinisee)...bc thts abt the extent.

HIPPA or whatever the new regulation is, is going to make that really tough - and probably why you cant find that. Because you follow IU closely you know some injuries off top of your head...and because you dont follow every other school in the US as closely you miss their injuries.

ALL SCHOOLS HAVE INJURIES!
Doesnt make Archie’s game management any more or less acceptable!

Shoulda called more timeouts!

Reactions: cryano
ADVERTISEMENT