ADVERTISEMENT

McCarthy

She won by less than 600 votes in a district that encompasses more than a 1/3 of the land mass of Colorado, and borders Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico and a smidgen of Arizona. Nearly 760,000 people live there and she won by 600 votes. Saying she "represents' or listens to her constituents is a major stretch...
Smidgen of Arizona?

There's no winning elections until the RINOs are gone.
If this is true, we are all fooked.

Congress should function by negotiation and compromise. That is how democracy works. In this respect, the so-called RINOS are light-years ahead of the likes of Pelosi and Schumer. Anybody who truly wants to save Democracy should vote GOP and support McConnell and McCarthy.

If this is true, we are all fooked.

Congress should function by negotiation and compromise. That is how democracy works. In this respect, the so-called RINOS are light-years ahead of the likes of Pelosi and Schumer. Anybody who truly wants to save Democracy should vote GOP and support McConnell and McCarthy.
Dems always, always stick together no matter what. Given that MAGA is a clear majority of the Republican Party it's the RINOs who have to bend the knee and vote with the rest of us. If not they're done.

Like it or not, non-MAGA Republicans are a significant voting bloc. We'd better learn to live with them or you can forget about any future Republican President.
Why do you refer to MAGA Republicans as “them”. Did you buy into the Democrat talking points about all the harm MAGA has done? The MAGA agenda has been pretty damn good. Energy, border, immigration, jobs, economy, food supply crime, was all better with the Trump administration.

Did you catch the Biden food scarcity regs that took effect a few days ago? That dumbass in the White House is doing to food what he did to energy. We are paying an awful price for not having Trump.

Last edited:
Dems always, always stick together no matter what. Given that MAGA is a clear majority of the Republican Party it's the RINOs who have to bend the knee and vote with the rest of us. If not they're done.
2020 a D from Ohio voted for a Republican for speaker. We'll see if any Rs vote D this time.

To purge the scum from the party. If we can't do it in the primary do it in the general.

raw

To purge the scum from the party. If we can't do it in the primary do it in the general.
It’s a sad state when half the Republican Party thinks the sane ones are scum. That’s the difference .

Need 4 parties. Maga. Old school pubs. Dems. Progressives
The MAGA and the Progressives are identical. It is just nuts how often I hear progressives say that the D party needs to be like the R party and enforce discipline and keep everyone in line.

I don't want party discipline. People who put party uber alles are the probem.

Why do you refer to MAGA Republicans as “them”. Did you buy into the Democrat talking points about all the harm MAGA has done? The MAGA agenda has been pretty damn good. Energy, border, immigration, jobs, economy, food supply crime, was all better with the Trump administration.

Did you catch the Biden food scarcity regs that took effect a few days ago? That dumbass in the White House us doing to food what he did to energy. We are paying an awful price for not having Trump.
Um...you've got nothing to worry about. He referred to NON-MAGA republicans as "them".

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Then they’re the RINOs. You understand that, right? Dumb question, of course you dont.
You've thrown the RINO term around a lot yourself.

It's stupid - there are many different opinions in both parties. Labeling someone a 'true' anything is stupid.

Did you catch the Biden food scarcity regs that took effect a few days ago? That dumbass in the White House is doing to food what he did to energy. We are paying an awful price for not having Trump.
Read it again. I said NON-MAGA.

The MAGA and the Progressives are identical. It is just nuts how often I hear progressives say that the D party needs to be like the R party and enforce discipline and keep everyone in line.

I don't want party discipline. People who put party uber alles are the probem.
Seriously? You think Democrats don't vote in lockstep? Are you really a Martian?

yeah, I know. Whenever a Democrat says they “ will work across the aisle“ we know it’s a load of BS. We shouldn’t be like the Democrats.
Biden has reached across the aisle his whole career. He’s had trouble with this Congress, but he’s gotten several bi partisan bills passed .

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
Biden has reached across the aisle his whole career. He’s had trouble with this Congress, but he’s gotten several bi partisan bills passed .
As someone who has voted Dem more than pub Biden has been a nightmare. He came out way way left. Anyone can pass fixing bridges. He has been a far cry from a unity politician

Reactions: DANC
You think MAGA voters are all union workers? I don't. Maybe some, but hardly anywhere near a majority.
Old school Democrats (UMWA, UAW…) and rural voters that previously didn’t vote or families that were historically Democratic voters make up a good portion of what people label as MAGA

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
yeah, I know. Whenever a Democrat says they “ will work across the aisle“ we know it’s a load of BS. We shouldn’t be like the Democrats.
Kumbaya my Lord!

KUM-BAY-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

He also eulogized a former KKK leader and said bussing would lead to a 'racial jungle'.

He's reached across the aisle alright - right over to the racists.

Old school Democrats (UMWA, UAW…) and rural voters that previously didn’t vote or families that were historically Democratic voters make up a good portion of what people label as MAGA
I disagree. Old school union members still vote Democrat. My in-laws talk - who are all former union - talk like Republicans, but vote Democrat all the way.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
Pretty amazing to watch this process in real-time! We're watching the destruction of the Republican Party and it's fascinating.

Please go on. 3 examples over 40 (50?) years isn't much of a sample.
Jeffords.....kidding.

Bernie - who votes (or did) with R's on gun control issues quite frequently as do many many other red state/purple state Dems.

Bayh. Donnelly for recent Indiana examples.

Let's face it. Nearly every member of both parties is over 95% voting for their team's shit. Period. End of story. But every once in a while (like McCain) they blow something up that matters deeply to their own party.

Call them mavericks, shills, demagogues, whatever.

Jim Jordan nominates McCarthy
Gaetz gets up and nominates Jordan.

Wow. The Republicans are a mess right now. Nancy told the Progressives to shove it and got her votes. McCarthy ain't gonna get the votes in crunch time.

Jim Jordan nominates McCarthy
Gaetz gets up and nominates Jordan.

Wow. The Republicans are a mess right now. Nancy told the Progressives to shove it and got her votes. McCarthy ain't gonna get the votes in crunch time.

McCarthy isn't going to get the votes, again.

Reactions: larsIU
As someone who has voted Dem more than pub Biden has been a nightmare. He came out way way left. Anyone can pass fixing bridges. He has been a far cry from a unity politician
I think he tried to start with. But you have to admit he has gotten some Republicans to work with him on some things.

He also eulogized a former KKK leader and said bussing would lead to a 'racial jungle'.

He's reached across the aisle alright - right over to the racists.
Lol 50 years ago??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT