ADVERTISEMENT

matt jones thinks Kentucky going to part ways with

Two eye openers have been reported on this story....First, Kentucky has the money to fund the buyout. Two: The university is going to back the AD whichever way he decides to go.

Imagine that....the university actually vesting the authority in the AD to make the decision...and then backing his play. Meanwhile.....back in Bloomington......

Two eye openers have been reported on this story....First, Kentucky has the money to fund the buyout. Two: The university is going to back the AD whichever way he decides to go.

Imagine that....the university actually vesting the authority in the AD to make the decision...and then backing his play. Meanwhile.....back in Bloomington......
First thing I noticed too. UK is letting the qualified person they hired to manage athletics/bball, manage the basketball program!

What a novel idea!

Last edited:

It’s Buckner’s world. We just live in it.

I don't have any reason to believe our university didn't fully back Dolson's poor decision to hire Woodson, and then fully back his idiotic decision to give him a raise.

This is on Dolson. If he wants to whine he can't do his job, then leave it, for someone who can. Sure there's politics. A big part of his job is to handle that. Maybe he's just small time.

If Brad took the job, would he become an honorary “Lex-hole”?
I’m talking if Billy D comes back to college, UK is the fit. They’re big, fairly well run, and very serious.

Brad isn’t coming back to college and if he did UK probably isn’t a fit with him.

I will not tolerate any slander of Boy Wonder btw, the Celts gig is good we can’t blame him 😉.

When it comes to betrayal....IU's self-loathing has an arrow pointing straight up. When all of this coaching change hurricane is over.....Bloomington will remain completely undisturbed...not a leaf out of place. Insanity.
Sorry, I didn't get you were being sarcastic with your comment on Donovan.

I’m talking if Billy D comes back to college, UK is the fit. They’re big, fairly well run, and very serious.

Brad isn’t coming back to college and if he did UK probably isn’t a fit with him.

I will not tolerate any slander of Boy Wonder btw, the Celts gig is good we can’t blame him 😉.
Bow wonder managing the Celtics is like MJ going to play for the Sox. A waste of talent!

Brad may have been a one hit wonder anyway. And out of the college game for far too long. I get it's mostly joking when his name comes up now. But still, no...

Edit: OK, he's a fair bit younger than I thought. Changes my calculus a little. Still, haven't seen him build a program from scratch. Plus won't happen anyway.

Last edited:
The very top of the food chain is Billy D. I for one think he will finish his coaching career back in college.....somewhere. While some believe he hates the recruiting .....living on airplanes for 100 games a year isn't any picnic. He would make more money in college too. Just like Nick Saban did. Damm.....just the thought of watching Kentucky handle business with numbers that dwarf IUs in comparison....They won't do this without getting the very best coach that money can buy. You don't fire John Calipari to hire just anybody.

Since Calipari has been at UK:

UK tourney appearances: 12 IU: 6
UK Sweet 16s: 8 IU: 3
UK Elite 8's: 7 IU: 0
UK Final Fours: 4 IU: 0
UK Runner-ups: 1 IU: 0
UK Titles: 1 IU: 0

So yeah I can see where they'd be pissed about that 3 seed this year and top incoming recruiting class, while IU is just fine with the missing the tourney and having zero recruits. Let's run it back.

We can laugh about how Kentucky fans are burning their furniture.....But watch how they handle business.....to protect their basketball empire. It's the classic "Ham and Egg Principle":

"When a chicken lays an egg....she's made a contribution....but that hog's committed".

IU makes a contribution.....Kentucky makes a commitment. That's the difference.

Reactions: BigMobe
Kentucky is barking with the big dogs.....IU is peeing with the puppies.
1) there’s probably no buyout size that would stop UK from making a move

2) if they had to wait until summer in order to get someone the caliber of Donovan, they wouldn’t worry about doing so or whether it might cause them to miss one recruiting cycle

We can laugh about how Kentucky fans are burning their furniture.....But watch how they handle business.....to protect their basketball empire. It's the classic "Ham and Egg Principle":

"When a chicken lays an egg....she's made a contribution....but that hog's committed".

IU makes a contribution.....Kentucky makes a commitment. That's the difference.
Are you comparing UK to swine?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT