ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Reneau

Virginia and Maryland visits to come... Likely visits to Tennessee and Georgia (who now has the coach he originally committed to at Florida)
So fatjohns will give his typical the winds are blowing toward Bloomington nugget to get everyone excited. Of course all will then go quiet and he will end up taking several more visits and it will drag on another month. Farjohns will then say it looks great for IU until 18 hours before his announcement when fatjohns suddenly switches and says he has decided on Miami or whoever. If nothing else fatjohns is 100% predictable to a tee. I just cannot believe he still had a following who eats up his nonsense.

Reactions: IUAPEX
Alec Lesley and Rob Cassidy say IU this morning. They are right more than wrong so we shall see. Sounds like it was a good weekend.

If Malik does choose IU, outside the obvious benefits of getting a 5 star big man...it'd also be a great overall sign for the mood, standing, direction, etc... in the program. Especially if many on this board are right in their views/assumptions that TJD is coming back.

A 5 star big, liking what he sees at IU enough to knowingly and willingly come compete against very good and very established bigs in Race and TJD... well, that'd say a lot about Woody and his staff, and the environment he's created/creating in Bloomington.

He'd still have to figure out a better way to utilize them! But getting them to come is a huge part of the equation.

If Malik does choose IU, outside the obvious benefits of getting a 5 star big man...it'd also be a great overall sign for the mood, standing, direction, etc... in the program. Especially if many on this board are right in their views/assumptions that TJD is coming back.

A 5 star big, liking what he sees at IU enough to knowingly and willingly come compete against very good and very established bigs in Race and TJD... well, that'd say a lot about Woody and his staff, and the environment he's created/creating in Bloomington.

He'd still have to figure out a better way to utilize them! But getting them to come is a huge part of the equation.
With more pieces of the puzzle, I think Woody will show he knows how to utilize them

Do tell…

Did you hear the rumor about butter?
Saw it on another forum.....they all ate at Bedrak Sunday morning. Woody and Malik went outside to talk alone awhile and when they came back in the table cheered. Who knows? But someone was there and took pictures.

Reactions: Willray
Saw it on another forum.....they all ate at Bedrak Sunday morning. Woody and Malik went outside to talk alone awhile and when they came back in the table cheered. Who knows? But someone was there and took pictures.
Juicy gossip! If nothing else, I like that a kid like Malik is considering our program, despite having guys like TJD and Race to come in and contend with.

If he does commit, the rest of the roster will be interesting, obviously. Will guys like Kopp, Leal, Duncomb stick around/be allowed to stick around? What if Dennis wants to commit as well? What if Broome has similar feelings to Reneau?

Juicy gossip! If nothing else, I like that a kid like Malik is considering our program, despite having guys like TJD and Race to come in and contend with.

If he does commit, the rest of the roster will be interesting, obviously. Will guys like Kopp, Leal, Duncomb stick around/be allowed to stick around? What if Dennis wants to commit as well? What if Broome has similar feelings to Reneau?

I don’t know about you, but I love creaning. Oversigning is about the most fun thing in the off-season.

I don’t know about you, but I love creaning. Oversigning is about the most fun thing in the off-season.
Mixed emotions on it. All in all, I'm not a big fan. But that's mainly just because typical Creaning only happens when you're not where you want to be as a program.

The new dynamic of willy nilly transferring, has softened my view a little bit.

One thing you might know more than most...whether you want to comment on it or not...Were any of the guys that have already entered the Portal, Creaned? I think the perception so far is they've all left on their own accord. Timing leads to some of this. If Reneau and Dennis both commit, and Duncomb or Kopp say they're leaving now, people will mainly associate just that last departure as the Creaned player. When its very possible any of the other 3 guys could have been Creaned too.

Actually...do we have an accepted definition of "Creaning"? Does it only refer to situations where we've oversigned, and kids leave after that?

Mixed emotions on it. All in all, I'm not a big fan. But that's mainly just because typical Creaning only happens when you're not where you want to be as a program.

The new dynamic of willy nilly transferring, has softened my view a little bit.

One thing you might know more than most...whether you want to comment on it or not...Were any of the guys that have already entered the Portal, Creaned? I think the perception so far is they've all left on their own accord. Timing leads to some of this. If Reneau and Dennis both commit, and Duncomb or Kopp say they're leaving now, people will mainly associate just that last departure as the Creaned player. When its very possible any of the other 3 guys could have been Creaned too.

Actually...do we have an accepted definition of "Creaning"? Does it only refer to situations where we've oversigned, and kids leave after that?

I think I heard some say at the time that the other players were told or nudged to find greener pastures.

Of course, that could just be trying to put a positive spin on the departures to look like it was IU's choice and not the players trying to escape the program.

Who knows if they were nudged out or wanted out.

Reactions: baileyiu
I think I heard some say at the time that the other players were told or nudged to find greener pastures.

Of course, that could just be trying to put a positive spin on the departures to look like it was IU's choice and not the players trying to escape the program.

Who knows if they were nudged out or wanted out.
Remy was one that got the elbow. Supposedly Crean had so many sets some kids couldn’t keep up.

So fatjohns will give his typical the winds are blowing toward Bloomington nugget to get everyone excited. Of course all will then go quiet and he will end up taking several more visits and it will drag on another month. Farjohns will then say it looks great for IU until 18 hours before his announcement when fatjohns suddenly switches and says he has decided on Miami or whoever. If nothing else fatjohns is 100% predictable to a tee. I just cannot believe he still had a following who eats up his nonsense.
what's with the fatjohns crap , are you 6 years old. if you don't like his reporting ignore it

You knocked this one right out of the park.

Seeing now listed as a top 5 recruiting class. Interesting to see what happens next year and also TJD's decision.

Reactions: 76-1
giphy.gif

Crazy did not seet that one coming I figured he would take all his visits. Must have been blown away.
I thought we had a decent chance of getting him early (first impressions rule), but then figured with Georgia and his previous coaching staff in the mix, figured he'd at least make it there for a visit. I think their pending "re-build" probably had a lot to do with him scratching them off the list.

Great get for the staff to say the least!

Reactions: 76-1
Can we all say it now? “CMW can close!“

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT