ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Brown

Ball State is the right level of comp for Brown. He's been injured, and not getting a lot of run, which is to be expected when he's behind a couple more experienced guards. He's played a total of three games.

Anyone writing him off based on three games is naive to say the least.
I wonder if they would consider redshirting Luke? I'm not sure how that works if he comes in mid season. Last yr was a free yr so could they do it?

Hard telling, no clue how he was so highly rated and why he came a yr early. I will hear it but if I were a player really struggling as well I might think about a haircut
I am just thinking in terms of paying time he may say forget it I have not gotten in yet so..... As far as that ranking it still baffles me as well. All I can figure if he dazzled some of these recruiting services at a few AAU events and they ranked him and never saw him play again in hs, etc. I honestly thought he was going to be playing big minutes last year and having a major impact based on his ranking.

It is true he has played in a couple games. But would that meet a minimum requirement for a redshirt? It could be I don't know the rule. lol

This isn't like football where you get four games and still can redshirt... if you play one game, you burn your redshirt.

Reactions: VanPastorMan
Let me tell you the real idiots on this thread,
Is the real talent at ball state Peyton Sparks from Winchester!

Luke proved he could play for IU last night. He went 0 for 4 from the field.
Listen that is only half the battle. We need multi tooled players. How many TOs did he have? If he had 4 you may be onto something .

Listen that is only half the battle. We need multi tooled players. How many TOs did he have? If he had 4 you may be onto something .
He 0 turnovers and hit both ft in 16 minutes, Sparks had 18 points and 16 rebounds.

A lot of people forget that Brown hasn't played real ball in about a year. There has to be rust. Plus, he does have to adjust to bigger and faster players which means he has to get stronger and faster himself. We will see if he rises to the occasion. I agree with you. Ball State is a good place for him.
Parker Stewart hasn't played real ball in a year and a half yet everyone is holding him accountable

Ball State plays Western Michigan today at 3:30 ESPN 3.
Expecting another good game from Luke today.

Last edited:
Reactions: VanPastorMan
Ball State plays Ohio tonight at 7 PM for all you Luke Brown fans! ESPN 3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT