ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Recruiting

BrownsburgFan

Recruit
Feb 6, 2009
I was looking for Louisville recruiting status in the Rivals rankings. I did not find Louisville in the top 100. Anyone know how they are doing?

Their coaching staff didn't honor all of the scholarships offered. There were 5 or 6 guys they called this week and without meeting them pulled the scholarships.

The AD assured all the players and parents their offer would be honored. If I were the AD I would be ticked. Same if I were a parent.

Looeyville must be committed to a full rebuild. If they only have a handful of commitments a week before the early signing date they are screwed. They might be able to get more by February but it's not a position I would want my team in - that is for sure!

Some guy was posting here about a week ago saying Satterfield is going to flip a bunch of Brohm's recruits to Looeyville. That would be nice but he better get on it.

I would imagine he is working on it as you type. They can also fill out a class with JUCOs in a couple of years and maintain pretty good balance. I don’t think it is something they would be too concerned about.

Looeyville must be committed to a full rebuild. If they only have a handful of commitments a week before the early signing date they are screwed. They might be able to get more by February but it's not a position I would want my team in - that is for sure!

Some guy was posting here about a week ago saying Satterfield is going to flip a bunch of Brohm's recruits to Looeyville. That would be nice but he better get on it.
Brohm only has one recruit from Louisville, 4-star WR Milton Wright. The rest of Purdue’s recruits have no more connection there than do IU’s. And Wright is signing next week with PU.

What makes you say that?

Louisville may have dodged a huge bullet by not having to overpay for Brohm.

Satterfield will do great things at Louisville. He’s a proven commodity. He would be a great fit at IU as well. Four straight bowls in the Sun Belt. He gets incredible play from his teams. He would be on anybody’s short list.

So you're saying he has that "it" factor...?

Heck yeah he does!

He might be an upgrade from Brohm. He’s ruffled some feathers early but look for his teams to be well coached and a contender in the ACC. This is a no-brained hire.

The hires that have people scratching their heads are:
Mike Locksley.
Tom Allen
Signing Lovie for another 5 seasons.
Chris Ash

You show something by the end of year #2. Either you know what you are doing or you don’t. “It” makes itself evident early on.

Heck yeah he does!

He might be an upgrade from Brohm. He’s ruffled some feathers early but look for his teams to be well coached and a contender in the ACC. This is a no-brained hire.

The hires that have people scratching their heads are:
Mike Locksley.
Tom Allen
Signing Lovie for another 5 seasons.
Chris Ash

You show something by the end of year #2. Either you know what you are doing or you don’t. “It” makes itself evident early on.

Another “it” hire will be Les Miles.
Bank on it.

Reactions: fpeaugh and IUCX9
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT