ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Tuesday's the day

That explains why they keep going after him when no crime exists. If they didn't fear him they'd leave him alone. You make no sense. If he can't win Dems should be thrilled and the endless witch hunts would stop.
If "they" are "going after him" as you claim, "they" are not doing so because there is "no crime" as you claim, or because "they" "fear him" as you claim or because he has a chance to win reelection as you claim.

Prosecutors like to convict everybody they can if they think there is enough evidence. That's why Trump thinks "they" are going after him -- Trump thinks they have evidence.

In fact, Trump said a couple days ago that he thought he would be arrested. He should know more about it than you.

Cohen was Trumps sycophant. He adored him. He was the Goebbels to Trumps Hitlers. The Smithers to Trumps Mr. Burns.

I say this to say that it’s entirely possible he made the payment of his own volition.
Sure. And it's possible JFK Jr is alive and well and secretly working with Trump to save the world.

Use your head. Think. Just weeks before the 2016 election, Daniels threatened to go public with the fact she and Trump had sex. Cohen quickly set up an LLC through which a hush money payoff would be made. On October 26, Cohen tapped into a home equity line of credit in the amount of $131,000. On October 27, he arranged the payment to Daniels in the sum of $130,000. Later, including the time after Trump's inauguration and when he no longer had a working relationship with Cohen, Trump wrote a series of monthly checks payable to Cohen as reimbursement for the Daniels payment. Trump said the checks to Cohen were pursuant to a retainer agreement with Cohen. On May 2, 2018, in an interview with Hannity, Rudy Giuliani confirmed that Trump had, in fact, repaid Cohen. A few days later, Giuliani stated: "When I heard Cohen’s retainer of $35,000, when he was doing no work for the president, I said that’s how he’s repaying it, with a little profit and a little margin for paying taxes for Michael."

Also, there's an audio recording of Trump and Cohen discussing a hush money payment to Playmate Karen McDougal. You really think Cohen acted on his own with respect to Daniels, though? Ha.

Again, use your head. There is no plausible reason why Cohen would have made this payment to Daniels on his own. He was not flush with cash; he had to leverage the equity in his home. Trump, on the other hand, was flush with cash. More importantly, Trump was the candidate. Trump was the one Daniels had sex with. Daniels was in no position to hurt Cohen. She was, though, well-positioned to hurt Trump

Finally, there's this (below). Cohen clearly acted at the direction of "Individual 1."

One more time - - - think. Use your head. You can do it!

Tomorrow is Indictmas?

Do we say Happy Indictmas, or Merry Indictmas?

Gonna be fun.

Fr1eilPaYAEd72S

You're on a roll this week, Mark. This post might be the best of the bunch.

I love how Photoshop or AI or whatever the hell it is can actually make Trump look athletic. I don't think he's moved that fast since he pushed his way to the front of a group of world leaders for a photo op.
I thought it looked like the beginning of a tik tok dance video

La La La Dance GIF by Jason Derulo

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Just a friendly reminder that this week's "story" was generated not by the Manhattan DA, not by the public, not by an "anonymous source," not by the Dirty Dems but by Individual 1 Himself, who publicly announced he was going to be arrested on Tuesday. Yes, we all know he lies through his teeth, but one would think that not even a pathological liar would fabricate something like that. That Donald - - he always manages to lower the bar.
NBC reported on it Friday.

Trump’s statement was Saturday.

I’m just shocked SHOCKED that there was a leak.

The 10 seconds it took for Little Donny's 2 inch toadstool pecker to blow would not seem to fit the definition of either an "affair" or a "sexual relationship".

Are we also going to share the scans of the checks written to Stormy from Cohen and the checks written to Cohen from Trump?

Are we also going to pretend that any of this is the problem? Little Orange Con can have all the hookers he wants. He can't, however, pay for said hookers from his campaign legal defense funds.

I called this one. Trump is a con man who is trying to stay in the media. Tossing red meat to both the left and right.

As I said early on this topic, of the possible criminal cases and related indictments, this is far and away the least of them - and the weakest. It should be dropped.

NBC reported on it Friday.

Trump’s statement was Saturday.

I’m just shocked SHOCKED that there was a leak.
Wrong. NBC reported on Friday the "possibility" that Trump would be indicted "as early as next week." Trump said he was going to be arrested on Tuesday. Hardly the same.

Trump created the firestorm. Again. And for maximum effect. He got Congress interfering with the Manhattan DA's case (take THAT federalism, state sovereignty and the 10th Amendment!) - - - before they've even indicted the guy.

As I said early on this topic, of the possible criminal cases and related indictments, this is far and away the least of them - and the weakest. It should be dropped.

Should campaign finance law be changed or thinking it should just not be enforced?

Wrong. NBC reported on Friday the "possibility" that Trump would be indicted "as early as next week." Trump said he was going to be arrested on Tuesday. Hardly the same.

Trump created the firestorm. Again. And for maximum effect. He got Congress interfering with the Manhattan DA's case (take THAT federalism, state sovereignty and the 10th Amendment!) - - - before they've even indicted the guy.

Uhhh, you are aware that you just confirmed what I said, right?

News of a possible indictment came Friday.

Trumps statement was Saturday.

So this whole story WAS generated by a leak within the Manhattan DA’s office, via NBC on Friday.

Last I checked Friday came before Saturday.

You can quibble with the wording all you want but Trump doesn’t release a statement SPECIFICALLY referring to the Manhattan DA with out NBC’s story on Friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: dbmhoosier
Uhhh, you are aware that you just confirmed what I said, right?

News of a possible indictment came Friday.

Trumps statement was Saturday.

So this whole story WAS generated by a leak within the Manhattan DA’s office, via NBC on Friday.

Last I checked Friday came before Saturday.

Technically but NBC did just say it was possible, which isn't quite the same as saying it was going to happen.

How do you feel about Trump saying it was happening when it wasn't (in order to rile up has base and get donations) and getting members of congress to attempt to illegally interfere?

Not the possible charges I’ve heard and lawyer after lawyer has opined that the case will be nearly impossible to win. His mishandling of classified information and the possible charges related to that is a far more serious and maybe winnable case.

Not the possible charges I’ve heard and lawyer after lawyer has opined that the case will be nearly impossible to win. His mishandling of classified information and the possible charges related to that is a far more serious and maybe winnable case.
Yeah but, you know, they can’t really pursue that one.

Interfering with the Georgia election and raping that woman in the department store seem like the most likely to cause Trump trouble, among all of the cases (5? 10? 100?).

You'd need a speadsheet just to keep track of them all. Al Capone in his prime had less grifting going on.

• Haha
Reactions: dbmhoosier
Should campaign finance law be changed or thinking it should just not be enforced?

The problem is that trying to make this into a campaign finance violation is a huge reach. I've said it before, it's equivalent to lying about a blow job. As much as I would love to see Trump perp walked and cuffed and end up behind bars, this isn't the case for it. Fani and Jack are who I'm counting on. The worst thing that can happen is for this case to go south and have Trump yelling Totally Exonerated!!! yet again.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
The problem is that trying to make this into a campaign finance violation is a huge reach. I've said it before, it's equivalent to lying about a blow job. As much as I would love to see Trump perp walked and cuffed and end up behind bars, this isn't the case for it. Fani and Jack are who I'm counting on. The worst thing that can happen is for this case to go south and have Trump yelling Totally Exonerated!!! yet again.
Obviously it isn't much of a reach if it is going to court. Prosecutors usually don't go into court expecting to lose.

And I don't believe this case prevents the other cases from going forward so not really a one or the other thing.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Obviously it isn't much of a reach if it is going to court. Prosecutors usually don't go into court expecting to lose.

And I don't believe this case prevents the other cases from going forward so not really a one or the other thing.
You need to do some reading on this. It’s hard to find many legal scholars, left, right or center, that think this is a winnable case or that it’s a good idea to make it. It’s an elected progressive district attorney trying to please his voters - people like you. It would be best if he dropped it and got out of the way.

You need to do some reading on this. It’s hard to find many legal scholars, left, right or center, that think this is a winnable case or that it’s a good idea to make it. It’s an elected progressive district attorney trying to please his voters - people like you. It would be best if he dropped it and got out of the way.

What I read is that it is easily a misdemeanor and the hard part will be getting it to a felony.

Cohen was sent to jail for the hush money. So not buying that this is nothing but a political stunt.

What I read is that it is easily a misdemeanor and the hard part will be getting it to a felony.

The misdemeanor is them expensing the payments as "legal fees" instead of, presumably, the "hush money to hookers" expense line. I'm thinking it would be hard to get any regular Joes on a jury to vote to convict on that one. And it only takes one to tank the prosecution. Again, no different than lying about a blow job.

Cohen was sent to jail for the hush money. So not buying that this is nothing but a political stunt.
It's without a doubt a political stunt. That's exactly what all the legal scholars criticizing him are saying - no one would prosecute such a misdemeanor this long after the fact and it's only happening because it's Trump. There are far stronger criminal cases than this one.

It's without a doubt a political stunt. That's exactly what all the legal scholars criticizing him are saying - no one would prosecute such a misdemeanor this long after the fact and it's only happening because it's Trump. There are far stronger criminal cases than this one.

It is only happening so long after the fact because you can't indict a sitting president.

If he wasn't president, then he would been tried right after Cosby in the MeToo movement.

The misdemeanor is them expensing the payments as "legal fees" instead of, presumably, the "hush money to hookers" expense line. I'm thinking it would be hard to get any regular Joes on a jury to vote to convict on that one. And it only takes one to tank the prosecution. Again, no different than lying about a blow job.
Tell that to cohen. Only difference is he couldn't hide behind being president and an army of lawyers.

It is only happening so long after the fact because you can't indict a sitting president.

If he wasn't president, then he would been tried right after Cosby in the MeToo movement.
Nonsense. It’s been more than two years. If this progressive dumb ass prosecutes I hope trump wins. NYC has bigger problems than this.

Yeah, except the charges and jurisdictions and criminal conduct are different.

We don't technically know the exact charges and trump was the kingpin to what got Cohen in trouble.

The judge seems to think it has merit and I believe the prosecutor also had wins in appeals unless I am confusing it with a different case. Doesn't seem that the people actually hearing the case agree that there is nothing to it.

We don't technically know the exact charges and trump was the kingpin to what got Cohen in trouble.

The judge seems to think it has merit and I believe the prosecutor also had wins in appeals unless I am confusing it with a different case. Doesn't seem that the people actually hearing the case agree that there is nothing to it.
It's a bad case at a bad time and it's only helping Trump because it's obviously all about partisan politics. It's the wrong case to go after.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT