ADVERTISEMENT

Long-term care insurance

Ummm...not quite true. As an advisor, I can say there are still several LTC options available and they can fit budgets.

You are right that some companies have left the market, but several quality companies still exist.

I think there are only like 5 or 6 insurers left in the country that sell LTC, no?

The ones I've seen haven't looked appealing. Low lifetime caps, etc. Nothing like the policies that were available twenty+ years ago.

I think there are only like 5 or 6 insurers left in the country that sell LTC, no?

The ones I've seen haven't looked appealing. Low lifetime caps, etc. Nothing like the policies that were available twenty+ years ago.

Well, you are right about the policy reductions over the years. But the policies have changed to allow for a death benefit in the policy goes unused. These hybrid type of policies make up about 95% of all policies sold. The traditional use it or lose it policy is all but gone.

And lifetime benefits are rare and usually unnecessary as the average need by a person is less than 3 years.

Well the Baby Boomers are getting old so more hospice places are probably needed. That's good news for JDB 🤣
JDB should be thanking his lucky stars Boomers are still out there creating wealth for everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT