ADVERTISEMENT

Would you? should I ?

Joe_Hoopsier

Hall of Famer
Dec 21, 2010
i'm a long term, well known, respected SME and alumni of a company that is in the process of building their largest facility in the world, in Costa Rica (multi dozen billion $ company). I'm bored being a vendor to them, after I left them to .... become a vendor, now.
Following @UncleMark and mostly Dave Ramsey, I'm debit free and retirement seems to be a bit ahead of plan for ppl my age.
I make a REALLY good wage, BUT.

Should I follow a dream and present myself to this company as an employee or better yet, a contract consultant and my pay would be... Buy me a home in my name, title freee and clear. In Coasta Rica, non revolkable! then pay me $50k a year to consult with my known MFG'ing knowledge?
Thoughts?

i'm a long term, well known, respected SME and alumni of a company that is in the process of building their largest facility in the world, in Costa Rica (multi dozen billion $ company). I'm bored being a vendor to them, after I left them to .... become a vendor, now.
Following @UncleMark and mostly Dave Ramsey, I'm debit free and retirement seems to be a bit ahead of plan for ppl my age.

Should I follow a dream and present myself to this company as an employee or better yet, a contract consultant and my pay would be... Buy me a home in my name, title freee and clear. In Coasta Rica, non revolkable! then pay me $50k a year to consult with my known MFG'ing knowledge?
Thoughts?
Never hurts to ask.

Thoughts?
I don’t know if this answers your question: The Liberation and independence that goes along with getting older is priceless. Leverage that.

People often speak in terms of having F. Y. money. I think a better way of viewing yourself is having F. Y. abilities and skills. By that I mean you can sell it for what ever price and under whatever conditions you want.

I didn’t appreciate this point as I had a change in my practice. I credit my law partner and my spouse for pushing me in the right direction.

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I don’t know if this answers your question: The Liberation and independence that goes along with getting older is priceless. Leverage that.

People often speak in terms of having F. Y. money. I think a better way of viewing yourself is having F. Y. abilities and skills. By that I mean you can sell it for what ever price and under whatever conditions you want.

I didn’t appreciate this point as I had a change in my practice. I credit my law partner and my spouse for pushing me in the right direction.
"Home base" in in Gosport IN. Debit free, elect and gas make it nice, but the way I (yes ME) built it, I can get by without those cords inside a tragedy. Only the government can take it, I'll leave it at that (but the blood will make CNN easily).
I could go to Costa Rica, work for free (with my living expenses paid for.... actually I may be able to cash flow it..) and then never miss a beat. If I had a home there, go totally tits up.. Who the EFF cares?
I honestly can't find a down side to this, and as a decent sales person I think I can pull it off... I mean show them the value in what I will bring.

I last spoke to the wife 6 months ago. I pitched it to her.. she actually replied, " tell me more".
First time she's even answered a text in 6 months. ... That's gotta mean something... right?

Reactions: DDE-6-20-23
"Home base" in in Gosport IN. Debit free, elect and gas make it nice, but the way I (yes ME) built it, I can get by without those cords inside a tragedy. Only the government can take it, I'll leave it at that (but the blood will make CNN easily).
I could go to Costa Rica, work for free (with my living expenses paid for.... actually I may be able to cash flow it..) and then never miss a beat. If I had a home there, go totally tits up.. Who the EFF cares?
I honestly can't find a down side to this, and as a decent sales person I think I can pull it off... I mean show them the value in what I will bring.

I last spoke to the wife 6 months ago. I pitched it to her.. she actually replied, " tell me more".
First time she's even answered a text in 6 months. ... That's gotta mean something... right?
You should run drugs with that plane.

I have the ability and want too.... could easily find the producers and exporters. For economies of scale though, I need better airborne "facilities". I'm ok with this concept if you'd like to meet to discuss.
Your gummy biz would be a great front........ never mind. I thought we were talking about hunter buyden biz there for a min.
Anyway, I'd love to carry your cargo from the fresh pure snow white caps of central america. The invoice will say LLC #74.
Terms are net zero. If that's ok. !

Outside of the very obvious jokes... This is "our" mountain.... against the beach type opportunity. Right? where is anything to loose?
Maybe me living on the beach, on the equator for a few years in a tent..... I probably could pull through. if it's for the team I mean.. Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. Andy Duphrane.
WE all are in prison of some kind.!

Sprechen Costa Rican?
Honestly, I am an honorary Tico already. Went through the ceremony and all.
If you get caught with coke, the cops will take it. Just walk across the street and buy more. bout tree fity makes a good party and A LOT of friends.
Finding a landing spot in a few hours, in the dark, can be tricky. BUUUT the party is now, right?

I feel like you've got more stuff going on here than your OP implies.
On the wife side?... Oh hell, you can't handle the truth.
But the opp is legit and focused! Piss on the broads!
would you take a home title, in your name, in a foreign country and a smaller monthly pay "food money" check instead of a (lets say) 10k a month paycheck?
If you were already 55+, retirement is covered and you know that you could happily live in a tent for 2 yrs, on a beach in costa rica.
Would you trade traditional thinking for, "outside of the box" thinking?

The wife thing... meh. they come, they go. There's WAY more emotion vested in the house, and that's just sticks organized some horizontal, some others vertical. A house is like leggo's. and to me, women have even less value, UNLESS they are true partners, then they are priceless. that's 1:100 . I know why there are gays. Karens.

Thoughts?
****ing do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT