ADVERTISEMENT

Let the message board meltdown begin....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the word "meltdown", there would be more anti-Davis complaints after a win back in the day.

You lose me when you criticize Glass. I think he's done good things for IU athletics. He didn't hire Crean and standing behind him after he got the job was the right decision.

However, Crean has had his chance...after 8 years the verdict is pretty clear. He's not capable of building and sustaining an elite program/team.
It's the contract extension, not standing behind him after he got the job, that's the problem with Glass.

Is there time for this team to come together and put personal goals aside and make a run? Absolutely...

Do I believe coach Crean can restore discipline and establish a team first mentality? ...hmmm...

I will always support IU, but I will bet you that Duke kills us next week...20 points....what you got?
not gonna bet on IU, but just think there is enough talent that a little leadership could make this team competitive if not good...maybe not great, but there is just so much talent that tehy could be good by an accident

I still think this team gets into the tourney and probably exits quick. Who knows. Maybe this is a wake up call but I don't see any big ten title or deep tourney successes with the undisciplined style they play. Still they have some pretty good talent and are a veteran team for the most part. Maybe something comes together in spite of the coaching.

I still think this team gets into the tourney and probably exits quick. Who knows. Maybe this is a wake up call but I don't see any big ten title or deep tourney successes with the undisciplined style they play. Still they have some pretty good talent and are a veteran team for the most part. Maybe something comes together in spite of the coaching.

You won't go far when you can't play defense.

Reactions: billyhillui
I would really like to know what you think about Cal bringing in freshmen every yr and then they leave early? Do you like it,tolerate it, love it, or hate it? This is not a slam against your team. You sound like a reasonable person and I would seriously like your opinion.

I'll respond as a graduate and fan of both IU and UK. I love that Cal operates the way he does given the rules governing one and dones. It's not his rule, and you can't blame him for it. Most of the criticism (hatred?) directed towards Cal over the issue is simply jealousy. These kids are recruited by every Power 5 program, IU included. Are you telling me that if Trey Lyles had committed to IU, posters here would be criticizing the decision to sign him because he would only spend a year in Bloomington? As at least one other poster has pointed out, Coach K is on the path towards beating Cal at his own game. Do you all feel the same way about him?

More on topic, I HATE that I find myself hoping the Hoosiers lose, if only to be rid of Crean. He will never lead the program back to national prominence, and he has made himself and the program a national joke. Short term pain for long term gain is my motto.

Joe, I suppose what fans should really do if they want Crean gone is to quit going to the games. You are correct. Sitting at a keyboard does nothing. I truly believe with a little tweaking this team can work well this year. Let's hope Crean can right the ship. Now for those who don't want Crean to right the ship because they want him gone are just weird. I can't call them fans. True fans will always hope the best for the team year in year out, and game in game out.

You are describing sheep, not true fans.

I spent t-giving with about 30 untrue fans then, some of whom have seen 70 years of IU ball.

I have to laugh when I think of what they're reaction would've been had I told them they weren't true fans. We're talking thunderous laughter.

Reactions: kottke
I truly believe with a little tweaking this team can work well this year. Let's hope Crean can right the ship.

Tweaking? It's the same lack of offensive objective and the same weak defense and rebounding that I have been seeing for years. Crean can't right the Titanic by tweaking the engines.

One and dones after champiionships and final fours is one thing....what we have in Bloomington is something else altogether.

Reactions: kottke
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT