ADVERTISEMENT

Let the message board meltdown begin....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I so look forward to posting about our negative play! You know nothing about Me you think I am excited about us being bad. You have always defended Crean and bashed me on here even though I have been correct.
Find on here anywhere....ANYWHERE.....in which I have defended Crean. Good luck with that. And you are always correct, eh? Do you love yourself a tad too much? Your pronounced narcissism is starting to show again...

I guess anyone who disagrees with little bsmitty on Peegs is immediately a Crean lover. Again, find a post where I lovingly defended Crean...go ahead. Maybe scouring the archive posts forever will keep you from posting your repetitive rants on here for awhile.

And right here, Van, is a perfect example of what I was talking about in my reply to you. How many times has bsmitty08 gleefully told us all about how bad that IU is, how terrible of a coach that Crean is.....on and on and on. Rinse, repeat. Do you think people like him get any joy in watching IU actually win? I bet this guy gets mad when we blow out a team like Creighton (a game that I attended), because he doesn't get his moment in the sun on Peegs to post 45 messages in an hour about how much that we suck.

I am personally over the bad play, Crean's coaching, etc. I want better. But my God, getting your jollys from watching my alma mater getting beat and then profusely sweating over your keyboard as you gleefully type "Crean's awful, IU stinks" for @#$% millionth time on Peegs is not the way to instigate change. All that person is doing is trying to drag everyone else on the message board down to their own miserable level of personal contempt and rage. Repeating the same diatribe every time is frankly pointless. All that these particular people are doing is trying to make everyone else as miserable as they are....
You are totally off base when it comes to your comments on Smitty. Good grief don't embarrass yourself by making stuff up and talking about things you don't know. Most on here want NOTHING more than IU to perform well, improve, compete and win at a high level. We aren't seeing that and THAT is the problem. You say Rinse/repeat..well that's IU basketball right now.

Find on here anywhere....ANYWHERE.....in which I have defended Crean. Good luck with that. And you are always correct, eh? Do you love yourself a tad too much? Your pronounced narcissism is starting to show again...

I guess anyone who disagrees with little bsmitty on Peegs is immediately a Crean lover. Again, find a post where I lovingly defended Crean...go ahead. Maybe scouring the archive posts forever will keep you from posting your repetitive rants on here for awhile.
Ok so your cover is to deny supporting Crean but to bash the guys on here who are "negative posters"! Cool story bro.

Yes I so look forward to posting about our negative play! You know nothing about Me you think I am excited about us being bad. You have always defended Crean and bashed me on here even though I have been correct.
Hey, tell me where I have defended Crean? Go look through the archives and see if you can find something that does not exist. Go ahead...

In your feeble mind, anyone who disagrees with you is pro-Crean. Jump to conclusions much?

And your pronounced narcisissim has reared its head again. "Even though I have been correct"? What exactly are you correct about: all I hear is "IU sucks, Crean sucks" repeated at length about every hour on Peegs. Do you have a job, or do they somehow magically pay you to post stupid @#$% on the internet?

Hey, tell me where I have defended Crean? Go look through the archives and see if you can find something that does not exist. Go ahead...

In your feeble mind, anyone who disagrees with you is pro-Crean. Jump to conclusions much?

And your pronounced narcisissim has reared its head again. "Even though I have been correct"? What exactly are you correct about: all I hear is "IU sucks, Crean sucks" repeated at length about every hour on Peegs. Do you have a job, or do they somehow magically pay you to post stupid @#$% on the internet?
IF YOU keep attacking other posters, you will be banned. This is getting old.

Im most concerned on how we got down 13 to begin with.

If this was a bunch of freshman or year 1 or 2 of the coaching staff...hey....im with you.

The problem is you have 3 seniors, 2 juniors, 2 sophomores, and 2 freshman getting the most time in year 8 of the staff.

Never mind there are 3 McDonald's All Americans and a NBA first round pick making up that group.

Im most concerned on how we got down 13 to begin with.

If this was a bunch of freshman or year 1 or 2 of the coaching staff...hey....im with you.

The problem is you have 3 seniors, 2 juniors, 2 sophomores, and 2 freshman getting the most time in year 8 of the staff.

Never mind there are 3 McDonald's All Americans and a NBA first round pick making up that group.
Who's the first round pick?

Feeble, narcissistic? Really? By posting about the inefficiencies of our coaching I am these things? I said I am right about what I have posted which you have always came on here and argued or bashed me for it. Sorry this angers you so much.

You are totally off base when it comes to your comments on Smitty. Good grief don't embarrass yourself by making stuff up and talking about things you don't know. Most on here want NOTHING more than IU to perform well, improve, compete and win at a high level. We aren't seeing that and THAT is the problem. You say Rinse/repeat..well that's IU basketball right now.
So is that all that this board has become? You are a moderator....tell me, is this the direction of Peegs.com? Because I am really wanting to know. Are we just going to let this board become a constant venting zone when we lose. Seriously, I see no "love" for IU on here. The behavior of many on this board embarass me as an alumnus of my school. Believe me, I sit on the floor for games, and the fellow alums around me are mad when we lose, but not overjoyed like some on here. Do you know what bsmittys' post after the Wake Forest game was? Look it up: LOL. He was LAUGHING that we lost. Like I said it earlier, our biggest rivals laugh at us when we lose....our own fans should not as well.

Tell me...you appear to ascribe to the notion that we are in a repeat cycle of failure. What was the Creighton game then? Where were all of the negative comments after that game? They were absent, because as I said before, there are some on this board far, far too giddy to launch into the same old diatribes as soon as we lose....my case in point (and reason for my original post) tonight....

So is that all that this board has become? You are a moderator....tell me, is this the direction of Peegs.com? Because I am really wanting to know. Are we just going to let this board become a constant venting zone when we lose. Seriously, I see no "love" for IU on here. The behavior of many on this board embarass me as an alumnus of my school. Believe me, I sit on the floor for games, and the fellow alums around me are mad when we lose, but not overjoyed like some on here. Do you know what bsmittys' post after the Wake Forest game was? Look it up: LOL. He was LAUGHING that we lost. Like I said it earlier, our biggest rivals laugh at us when we lose....our own fans should not as well.

Tell me...you appear to ascribe to the notion that we are in a repeat cycle of failure. What was the Creighton game then? Where were all of the negative comments after that game? They were absent, because as I said before, there are some on this board far, far too giddy to launch into the same old diatribes as soon as we lose....my case in point (and reason for my original post) tonight....
You really don't get it....also my LOl was followed by just wow. Meaning I'm laughing because I am in shock.

You really don't get it....also my LOl was followed by just wow. Meaning I'm laughing because I am in shock.
I don't think that laughing at my alma mater is funny, in any context. I sacrificed in time, money, blood and sweat to get those rings in my sig pic....I do not take kindly to people laughing at something that I love and care deeply about.

You are 100 percent wrong on the assumption that I am pro-Crean...quite the contrary. But I also think that when I hear crazy talk (like someone posting the other day that a good replacement for Crean would be Dane Fife), I have to shake my head and roll my eyes.

This constant drum beat of the same posts over and over again has destroyed this board. I made that point before, I will make it adamantly again. The giddiness of some when we lose is palpable and extremely noticeable. Again, as an alum, I have very little patience towards anyone who laughs at or takes pleasure in watching us lose.

I don't think that laughing at my alma mater is funny, in any context. I sacrificed in time, money, blood and sweat to get those rings in my sig pic....I do not take kindly to people laughing at something that I love and care deeply about.

You are 100 percent wrong on the assumption that I am pro-Crean...quite the contrary. But I also think that when I hear crazy talk (like someone posting the other day that a good replacement for Crean would be Dane Fife), I have to shake my head and roll my eyes.

This constant drum beat of the same posts over and over again has destroyed this board. I made that point before, I will make it adamantly again. The giddiness of some when we lose is palpable and extremely noticeable. Again, as an alum, I have very little patience towards anyone who laughs at or takes pleasure in watching us lose.

I'm going to say it because no one else here is man enough to:

You are so super awesome for getting those class rings! It's true that I can't imagine how much time, money, blood and sweat you put out to get them, but it's awesome you did that. The posters on Peegs owe you a debt of gratitude for even posting here! You just keep carrying the mantle and make ol IU proud!

No real correlation between November tournaments and March results. Players are still getting used to playing together. Lots of inexperienced kids getting used to defensive rotations.

November Madness

March will never get here.

The General
[Bob knows best!]

I was thinking he could last the year, but I no longer think we can wait. He can cause serious long term damage to the program. The risk is just too great now, imo. He must be fired asap and we go with whatever the rest of the season. He very well could ruin IU. We cannot wait.

You look like a prety good coach, interested?

The General

Meltdown? That's what happens after an UNEXPECTED loss or UNEXPECTED under performance. A "meltdown" is an overreaction to something that could legitimately cause a reaction. Hell, this is standard operating procedure. Absolutely nothing to meltdown about here. That's the sad part.

I'm just glad Little Sisters of the Poor wasn't on the schedule.

The General

No reason for the board to melt down or get all bent out of shape. This is IU basketball with Tommy as the coach. Apathy has set in for me

Rutgers is now licking their lips, & circling IU on their calander. Division 2 in 2017? This is what happens when the cupcakes start fighting back.

The General
[told you so!]

Is there time for this team to come together and put personal goals aside and make a run? Absolutely...

Do I believe coach Crean can restore discipline and establish a team first mentality? ...hmmm...

I will always support IU, but I will bet you that Duke kills us next week...20 points....what you got?

How ironic, Coach K [with his IU/Knight ties] plays/teaches the best defense, & Crean couldn't find his defense with a search warrant/if his life/job depended on it.

Mr. Obvious
[The General]

Anyone who listened to Yogi with Fisch on the pre-game show, Don asked Yogi if the team lacked focus, Yogi said they don't really lack focus, they play focused, but then guys start thinking about other things that takes away their focus...the way Yogi said it I interpreted it to mean guys start thinking about their stats, not the team...selfishness...same crap as last season...

Did he actually say that with a straight face?

Yogi has been known to take a few too many ill timed 25'ers himself.

Kettle

I want to believe this guy is joking. Either way... hilarious.

Reactions: bsmitty08

I see 'Hoosier Joe' is from Kentucky. Is it possible he is a troll playing the long game? We have them on the UK board. They post along, building up credibility, then come out at times of tumult to agitate.

You think you're the only person here who went to IU and bought a school ring for $350 from Herff Jones?

Reactions: bsmitty08

Relax Joe...everyone on this board loves IU. Nobody is laughing at "IU" they are laughing at the state of our basketball program. It has become a joke and lacks quality leadership. Off court and on court antics have turned this program into a GD circus. If I don't laugh I may cry, so don't patronize me on laughing at your dear alma mater when it's the same alma mater for most people on the Board either at the graduate or undergrad capacity.

Serious questions Joe.

What are we supposed to talk about after (even what they are calling it on the front page) the Mess in Maui?

Crean's masterful in game coaching?, his brilliant half time adjustments?, his wonderful substitutions, Troy's great decisions, Yogi's outstanding leadership????? I mean really, the whole program is a mess right now, IMO. Over a year ago you could AT LEAST say that there were no off court issues, scratch that one. Really, what are we supposed to talk about?

I am sure you are going to say that the arguments gone over and over grows old, I get that but once again, what are we supposed to talk about?

Maybe Bsmitty goes over the top and puff out his chest a little to much but I disagree that it comes from delight and "giddiness". I believe he is just like most people on here and we all want IU to be great once again.

So to break the cycle of the "constant drum beat of the same posts over and over again", what are we supposed to talk about? Start a thread that has a conversation you want to have, after all you were the one that started this thread and you HAD TO KNOW what would happen and the responses you would get. So, were you just trolling?

By the way, nice stealth gloat about sitting on the floor. Now who is puffing out his chest?

The problems start with Glass being happy with mediocre results.

You lose me when you criticize Glass. I think he's done good things for IU athletics. He didn't hire Crean and standing behind him after he got the job was the right decision.

However, Crean has had his chance...after 8 years the verdict is pretty clear. He's not capable of building and sustaining an elite program/team.

No real correlation between November tournaments and March results. Players are still getting used to playing together. Lots of inexperienced kids getting used to defensive rotations.
Really?! With Crean, what you see is what you get! Mater Dei Wildcat? - duh!

Relax Joe...everyone on this board loves IU. Nobody is laughing at "IU" they are laughing at the state of our basketball program. It has become a joke and lacks quality leadership. Off court and on court antics have turned this program into a GD circus. If I don't laugh I may cry, so don't patronize me on laughing at your dear alma mater when it's the same alma mater for most people on the Board either at the graduate or undergrad capacity.

:)!!!

I have been reading this thread and thought that I would give my opinion (not that anyone cares because I am a Ky fan and live south of Evansville....barely) We went through this very thing with Gillespie a few years ago. Anger had us arguing with each other. Some wanted to give him another year but most wanted him gone. The board was not a good place to visit anymore.

But the thing that got me the most was that after awhile the anger turned to apathy. I quit watching a couple of games with at least 10 minutes to go because I couldn't stand to watch them. I had never done that before. The coach was a clown and in way over his head.

And that is the worse thing that can occur.....apathy. Where you just don't care anymore. We were fortunate that the powers to be shut it down quickly, bit the bullet and paid him his millions to get him out of here. I hope your powers that be finally do the same thing. And also......Happy Thanksgiving to you.

And right here, Van, is a perfect example of what I was talking about in my reply to you. How many times has bsmitty08 gleefully told us all about how bad that IU is, how terrible of a coach that Crean is.....on and on and on. Rinse, repeat. Do you think people like him get any joy in watching IU actually win? I bet this guy gets mad when we blow out a team like Creighton (a game that I attended), because he doesn't get his moment in the sun on Peegs to post 45 messages in an hour about how much that we suck.

I am personally over the bad play, Crean's coaching, etc. I want better. But my God, getting your jollys from watching my alma mater getting beat and then profusely sweating over your keyboard as you gleefully type "Crean's awful, IU stinks" for @#$% millionth time on Peegs is not the way to instigate change. All that person is doing is trying to drag everyone else on the message board down to their own miserable level of personal contempt and rage. Repeating the same diatribe every time is frankly pointless. All that these particular people are doing is trying to make everyone else as miserable as they are....
Joe, I suppose what fans should really do if they want Crean gone is to quit going to the games. You are correct. Sitting at a keyboard does nothing. I truly believe with a little tweaking this team can work well this year. Let's hope Crean can right the ship. Now for those who don't want Crean to right the ship because they want him gone are just weird. I can't call them fans. True fans will always hope the best for the team year in year out, and game in game out.

I have been reading this thread and thought that I would give my opinion (not that anyone cares because I am a Ky fan and live south of Evansville....barely) We went through this very thing with Gillespie a few years ago. Anger had us arguing with each other. Some wanted to give him another year but most wanted him gone. The board was not a good place to visit anymore.

But the thing that got me the most was that after awhile the anger turned to apathy. I quit watching a couple of games with at least 10 minutes to go because I couldn't stand to watch them. I had never done that before. The coach was a clown and in way over his head.

And that is the worse thing that can occur.....apathy. Where you just don't care anymore. We were fortunate that the powers to be shut it down quickly, bit the bullet and paid him his millions to get him out of here. I hope your powers that be finally do the same thing. And also......Happy Thanksgiving to you.
I would really like to know what you think about Cal bringing in freshmen every yr and then they leave early? Do you like it,tolerate it, love it, or hate it? This is not a slam against your team. You sound like a reasonable person and I would seriously like your opinion.

I would really like to know what you think about Cal bringing in freshmen every yr and then they leave early? Do you like it,tolerate it, love it, or hate it? This is not a slam against your team. You sound like a reasonable person and I would seriously like your opinion.
Not a UK fan but I think it's the nature of college basketball. Even Coach K has started this path of one and dones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT