ADVERTISEMENT

Lander or Ivey

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s worrisome that your freshman guards can’t outplay Rob Phinisee or Al Durham. Galloway looks at the rim maybe twice a game. He’s already patented the pump fake, dribble into the middle of the lane and pass back out move. We know he can’t shoot.
Galloway is 5/25 (20%) from 3. Ivey is 10/50 (20%) from 3. Glad you agree that Ivey can’t shoot.

Why would it be worrisome to me that 3 freshmen aren’t outplaying a Senior and Junior? Go back to the national board @bwesty.

Page me when FoW is a meaningful award. I’m sure you also don’t factor in that Hunter Dickinson hasn’t played since January 22nd.
You're right, FoW isn't meaningful by itself. You know what is meaningful? Winning games in this year's big ten with freshmen providing the production they are.

Still waiting for either of those things from your vaunted freshmen.

Reactions: BleedinGold
You're right, FoW isn't meaningful by itself. You know what is meaningful? Winning games in this year's big ten with freshmen providing the production they are.

Still waiting for either of those things from your vaunted freshmen.
You count two second year players in with your “freshman”. Our 2020 class is better than yours.

Oh btw, we are 1 game behind you in the loss column.

Galloway is 5/25 (20%) from 3. Ivey is 10/50 (20%) from 3. Glad you agree that Ivey can’t shoot.

Why would it be worrisome to me that 3 freshmen aren’t outplaying a Senior and Junior? Go back to the national board @bwesty.
Ivey can shoot just a matter of decision making which will come with time and experience. Ivey has infinitely more upside than Galloway and makes up for his lack of outside shot by being an explosive athlete and getting to the rim at will. Me thinks Galloway will be a bit better than Zach McRoberts.

You count two second year players in with your “freshman”. Our 2020 class is better than yours.

Oh btw, we are 1 game behind you in the loss column.
And 3 games behind in the win column. What's your point?

Not sure why you're hung up on the redshirt thing. They have 4 years of eligibility left, not including COVID. Do you consider Race a senior?

Not sure why you're hung up on the redshirt thing. They have 4 years of eligibility left, not including COVID. Do you consider Race a senior?
So you are telling me you are going to consider your 5 “freshman” as freshman next year too? No lol.

They may have 4 years of eligibility (Gillis and Newman) left but highly doubtful they're playing 6 years at Purdue. Painter certainly is recruiting like they aren't.

They may have 4 years of eligibility (Gillis and Newman) left but highly doubtful they're playing 6 years at Purdue. Painter certainly is recruiting like they aren't.
So are you saying your argument for taking IU's 2020 class is predicated on the fact that Purdue's freshmen are good enough to move on and play professionally, while IUs will languish in college for 6 years? Interesting take there

Your 2020 class just had it's best game of the year and was outscored by Ivey alone.

I'll await your next strawman, though.
You didn’t answer my question. Probably because you realized how dumb your previous statement was. Maybe if our freshmen became inefficient checkers, they would be on Ivey’s level.

So are you saying your argument for taking IU's 2020 class is predicated on the fact that Purdue's freshmen are good enough to move on and play professionally, while IUs will languish in college for 6 years? Interesting take there

That wasn't my argument at all lol. I don't think any of IU's freshman are going to be there for 6 years and due to the fact the none of them redshirted (like Gillis or Newman) 5 is the max years they can stay anyway. There comes a point in life when its time to move on. I don't think you'll see many, if any, players staying at one school for 6 years just because the NCAA gave everyone a free year. Nice strawman though.

Your question isn't relevant to the initial discussion. That's what a strawman is. Keep up.
You stated players with 4 years left should be treated as freshman. That’s a dumb argument in the Covid world.

Our class of 2020 is significantly better than yours. Ivey is a decent player, but you and every other Purdue fan act like he’s elite. He’s not. Get over it.

You stated players with 4 years left should be treated as freshman. That’s a dumb argument in the Covid world.

Our class of 2020 is significantly better than yours. Ivey is a decent player, but you and every other Purdue fan act like he’s elite. He’s not. Get over it.
He's not elite...yet. He's just more productive than any of your freshmen, and objective writers have agreed on multiple occasions. As they have with 3 other Purdue freshman, however you want to characterize them.

Reactions: LowCut
Y’all said that about Carsen Edwards too. Give me an inefficient chucker all damn day.
He’s a “stud” that will not only fail to make even All-Big Ten 3rd team, but won’t even be the Freshman of the year.

To compare him to Carsen at this point just shows your delusion.

Now do the other 12 conference games. He scored double figures in 5 of his first 6 collegiate games, but has slowed since. Still a major surprise given most thought he was a project.
You need to watch him more he is rapidly improving. His biggest problem is playing behind Trevion Williams who is having a great year. Not a lot of time that is available for him under the circumstances.

He's not elite...yet. He's just more productive than any of your freshmen, and objective writers have agreed on multiple occasions. As they have with 3 other Purdue freshman, however you want to characterize them.

Think that's an indictment on the level of talent from the freshman class, or lack thereof, the in the B10 this year.

Probable All-Freshman team would be the following:

Dickinson-Michigan
Murray-Iowa
Newman-Purdue
Ivey-Purdue
Curbelo-Illinois

Last years All-Freshman team would wipe the floor clean with this years likely team. Part of the reason why the B10 is so good this year is because it's an upperclassmen league and neither team outside a few are dependant on freshmen for production.

You need to watch him more he is rapidly improving. His biggest problem is playing behind Trevion Williams who is having a great year. Not a lot of time that is available for him under the circumstances.

Trevion Williams plays 25 mpg and is constantly in foul trouble. There's plenty of opportunity for Edey to play he just can't get on the floor. At 7'4 he's barely shooting 40% from the field and doesn't shoot outside 5 feet.

Reactions: TrojanFan004
He’s a “stud” that will not only fail to make even All-Big Ten 3rd team, but won’t even be the Freshman of the year.

To compare him to Carsen at this point just shows your delusion.
Carsen didn’t meet any of those metrics in his freshman year either. Can’t wait for next year.

This thread is classic. Obtuse IU fans stating Purdue freshman are basically overated and overstating their own class and obtuse Purdue fans arguing to counter. Let's just clear this up and move on. Ivey(folks way too much talk prior to season that he's going to be a very good player) and already seeing signs as a raw freshman. What do you think he is going to provide next year? Umm he's a gamechanger. Bad shot and inconsistent 3 point shooter? Oh yeah. Will that change? Probably. Dude keeps looking for his shot so obviously thinks it's going in from release so guess what, that will get better. Galloway? Well Purdue gave up on the kid and he it's been said he wanted to be a Boiler and family felt as much. He's not a bad player and good instincts but the kid is not going to be a gamechanger. Lander? Yeah can't judge him solely on this year. Probably going to be a very solid college player. Gamechanger? Yeah probably not as like Ivey not a pure shooter and sorry not seeing that elite quickness to him thought might. Still he will be solid. DELUSIONAL fan base here . Purdue will keep you boys in the rear view mirror that's hard to take for many. Fact sportsfans. Roller coaster ride and Purdue program just left the gate climbing the hill. Hurts like a bitch , right?

Think that's an indictment on the level of talent from the freshman class, or lack thereof, the in the B10 this year.

Probable All-Freshman team would be the following:

Dickinson-Michigan
Murray-Iowa
Newman-Purdue
Ivey-Purdue
Curbelo-Illinois

Last years All-Freshman team would wipe the floor clean with this years likely team. Part of the reason why the B10 is so good this year is because it's an upperclassmen league and neither team outside a few are dependant on freshmen for production.
You’re right. It’s a garbage freshman class this year in the Big Ten and not a single IU freshman will even sniff the all freshman team. Brutal. You’d figure voters would see the value in an efficient player like Galloway and bring him in the discussion over the inefficient chucker Ivey. IU really getting the short end.

Carsen didn’t meet any of those metrics in his freshman year either. Can’t wait for next year.

Carsen also played on a much better and well-grounded team as a freshman than Ivey does. Ivey has the potential to be a very good player in this league if he finds a jump shot. But the lane is going to get a whole lot messier down the road if Painter plans on playing Furst/Kaufman/Williams or Edey on the court together.

Is it really that bold? Or are you just so blinded by your IU fandom you’re incapable of admitting anything positive about Purdue?
Is it bold to predict Ivey will be an All-American? Absolutely. I said Ivey is a pretty good player. He is not in anyway a stud.

Carsen also played on a much better and well-grounded team as a freshman than Ivey does. Ivey has the potential to be a very good player in this league if he finds a jump shot. But the lane is going to get a whole lot messier down the road if Painter plans on playing Furst/Kaufman/Williams or Edey on the court together.
Those four will never see the court together and Painter will never go big like that.

They’ll always have at least one of:

Hunter Jr./Morton
Ivey
Newman/Stef
Kaufman/Gillis
Williams/Furst

Spacing will not be an issue. Painter will never not have 3 guards on the floor.

Those four will never see the court together and Painter will never go big like that.

They’ll always have at least one of:

Hunter Jr./Morton
Ivey
Newman/Stef
Kaufman/Gillis
Williams/Furst

Spacing will not be an issue. Painter will never not have 3 guards on the floor.
Wait, so you are saying Painter lied to Kaufman? He told Kaufman he would play the 3?????

Wait, so you are saying Painter lied to Kaufman? He told Kaufman he would play the 3?????
I have no clue what Painter told Kaufman. And neither do you. If he sees himself as a 3, then they’ll experiment with that. But more than likely he’ll be playing the 4 with Furst at the 5. I’d be more worried about Archie trying to compare TKR with TJD. Yikes. No wonder IU was out last year. What a terrible comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT