ADVERTISEMENT

Kravitz article on Romeo

I'm okay with second chances.

As are most here. Only real poison in the water here is that relentless clown stalking the Board that I referenced before with his litany of reincarnations. Easy enough to spot, but generally takes 2-3 weeks for him to get banned (again) at which time there's a brief respite characterized by much more sane and civil back and forth among posters before he returns. Really want one of those red 'eject' buttons.

On a side note, posted something the other day re: how I thought it'd be fun to see IU's walk-ons square off in a scrimmage against the scholarship Players at Midnight Madness just so they'd have their moment before a packed house at AH. Any coverage by you and yours of IU's largely unsung/resident 'practice' squad would be appreciated.

Don't be a stranger. :D

Reactions: jimmygoiu
VanHoosier-"Bunch of vagina hat wearers over there."-

Come on rikki, you know exactly what the poster said and meant. And it's true...

Really have no idea and am not remotely intrigued enough to puzzle it out. Also not going to apologize for not speaking Doltish.

This is a chat room not a bed/bath/examining/locker room. Quips abut female body parts are for juveniles and/or slobs. That's what's "true".

Reactions: IU Hardcore
He was 6’-2” and 360 lbs, and couldn’t jump over a phone book or run down the court once without getting winded.
The whole Swanigan/Barnes thing still stinks to high heaven. Painter clearly is fine operating in that same grey area, Purdue fans just don't want to admit it.

Oh, and how's your boy Vince Edwards doing? Haven't seen him on any mock draft boards. Weird because you were adamant about him getting drafted and comparable to Swanigan. LULZ.

Last edited:
The whole Swanigan/Barnes thing still stinks to high heaven. Painter clearly is fine operating in that same grey area, Purdue fans just don't want to admit it.

Oh, and how's your boy Vince Edwards doing? Haven't seen him on any mock draft boards. Weird because you were adamant about him getting drafted and comparable to Swanigan. LULZ.
Please explain how “the Swanigan/Barnes thing stinks to high heaven”?

And you were so wrong about Purdue’s team this year- you sure you want to dredge that back up?

SNU- “Purdue won’t be as good this year” - WRONG. Better overall record, better B1G record, higher ranked, higher seed, etc, etc.

SNU - “Purdue lost their best player by a mile” - WRONG. Heard of Carsen Edwards? You know, the Jerry West award winner?

And you were so wrong about Purdue’s team this year- you sure you want to dredge that back up?

SNU- “Purdue won’t be as good this year” - WRONG. Better overall record, better B1G record, higher ranked, higher seed, etc, etc.

SNU - “Purdue lost their best player by a mile” - WRONG. Heard of Carsen Edwards? You know, the Jerry West award winner?

With Swanigan, PU wins the B10, wins Cancún Tourney, Blown out in SW16. Roster included CE, and a large JR class

Without Swanigan, PU finishes as a 3rd seed in BTT, 7th in battle for Atlantis & doubles digit loss in SW16. Sure, PU won 30 games and more B10 wins, but the BIG was a 4 bid league and overall college hoops was down. Feeding on weaker teams does not make you a better team. To be honest, I’m not sure which team was better. I guess you prefer more wins over mid majors than hardware.

This coming year PU loses pretty much everyone but CE, who is really good. It will be a rebuild year for Matt as he does better with experienced players. PU lost so much production, you just don’t recover from that without impact players coming in. If PU finishes in top 5, Painter has done miracles. It’s not like last year when PU returned almost its entire roster after Swanigan.

With Swanigan, PU wins the B10, wins Cancún Tourney, Blown out in SW16. Roster included CE, and a large JR class

Without Swanigan, PU finishes as a 3rd seed in BTT, 7th in battle for Atlantis & doubles digit loss in SW16. Sure, PU won 30 games and more B10 wins, but the BIG was a 4 bid league and overall college hoops was down. Feeding on weaker teams does not make you a better team. To be honest, I’m not sure which team was better. I guess you prefer more wins over mid majors than hardware.

This coming year PU loses pretty much everyone but CE, who is really good. It will be a rebuild year for Matt as he does better with experienced players. PU lost so much production, you just don’t recover from that without impact players coming in. If PU finishes in top 5, Painter has done miracles. It’s not like last year when PU returned almost its entire roster after Swanigan.
The NCAA tournament committee, KenPom, the coaches, and the media all thought last year’s team was better than the 2016-17 team.

The NCAA tournament committee, KenPom, the coaches, and the media all thought last year’s team was better than the 2016-17 team.
Again, we are talking about a down year in college hoops, but you want to ignore that fact. I guess you are saying those same peeps would say this year’s PU team was better than the baby boilers too?

Reactions: SNU0821
Again, we are talking about a down year in college hoops, but you want to ignore that fact. I guess you are saying those same peeps would say this year’s PU team was better than the baby boilers too?
That’s not a “fact” that it was a “down year in college hoops”. That’s your opinion.

That’s not a “fact” that it was a “down year in college hoops”. That’s your opinion.
Really, only every media person who you cited above agreed it was a down year in college hoops. Again, are you saying this past year’s team was better than Hummel’s group?

Which media person that I cited said that?
Well, the national media for one. The writers who vote for the AP polls. I heard several coaches say the same prior to the season & prior to the dance, same coaches who vote in the AP. Take your pick from any media outlet or conference. Last, J Palm was really vocal about it to on local IN radio. Tell me who said college hoops was stronger this year than the prior year. We saw Loyola make the F4. It was a down year.

Well, the national media for one. The writers who vote for the AP polls. I heard several coaches say the same prior to the season & prior to the dance, same coaches who vote in the AP. Take your pick from any media outlet or conference. Last, J Palm was really vocal about it to on local IN radio. Tell me who said college hoops was stronger this year than the prior year. We saw Loyola make the F4. It was a down year.
Those are opinions. No facts.

Those are opinions. No facts.
Lot of the same opinions don’t you think? Spin it however you like. You sure value their opinion when it strengthens your comment. Not so much when it weakens it. Baby Boilers vs the Haas & his crew (tic)? You keep avoiding this question too. :)

Lot of the same opinions don’t you think? Spin it however you like. You sure value their opinion when it strengthens your comment. Not so much when it weakens it. Baby Boilers vs the Haas & his crew (tic)? You keep avoiding this question too. :)
Please link all these opinions you claim exist.

Please link all these opinions you claim exist.
Did you not watch/listen to ESPN, CBS or any national or local TV/radio? It was a year long theme. If you did not hear it, you must not watch much college hoops or don’t pay attention to what is said. Still avoiding my question. Keep deflecting.

Did you not watch/listen to ESPN, CBS or any national or local TV/radio? It was a year long theme. If you did not hear it, you must not watch much college hoops or don’t pay attention to what is said. Still avoiding my question. Keep deflecting.
So no proof? Got it.

So no proof? Got it.
Still dodging my question in typical GBI fashion.
If you watched any college hoops, the proof was everywhere. Sorry, you can’t comprehend. I guess you live in that GBI world where 30 wins, 3rd seed in a 4 bid league and a 7th place Atlantis finish is better than winning the pre-conference tourney and winning the BIG. Are you going to hang a “30 Ws” banner next to the Helms banner? Go back to GBI where fantasy theories are accepted and encouraged, and you suck up to Treed’s angry posts about painter not utilizing her son properly.

Don't be this dumb. You guys won the B10 with Swanigan. You did not win the B10 without him. You didn't make it further in the tournament without him. It's not rocket science. Swanigan was also a better player than Edwards. What's it like being wrong constantly?

It's convenient that you just didn't touch the Vince Edwards comment? Lulz.

Reactions: Hoogolf

Don't confuse @New Pal Boiler with logic and facts. He likes to live in fantasy land.

All of GBI, except a couple of posters, live in fantasy land. Those guys could not handle Freddy’s truth bombs on Hammer & Rails. Ha
Yup. It's really funny to see them twist and turn themselves to try and justify last year. They weren't as good, they choked (badly) in the tournament but that's not a shocker, and this upcoming year is gonna be a step back for them. Really sucks to be those nerds.

Reactions: Hoogolf
Do you not have eyes because the last few years has not been the greatest seasons in college basketball especially for the big ten. Also if you watch any national games they say it all the time so you must not watch many other games besides Purdue.

Do you not have ears because the last two sentences has not been the greatest postings in college basketball especially for the big ten. (?)

:)

Your thing yesterday with "He said major program" was a solid gem but sometimes you make it hard to resist. Rock on.

Reactions: hondo314
Yup. It's really funny to see them twist and turn themselves to try and justify last year. They weren't as good, they choked (badly) in the tournament but that's not a shocker, and this upcoming year is gonna be a step back for them. Really sucks to be those nerds.
Purdue is a fine university, but it isn't a place to go for basketball. They get players from Indiana that schools that recruit nationally don't want. Other than Biggie (who came on some odd circumstances), how often do they beat out UNC, Duke, UK, or Kansas for a player those school go hard after?

Those on GBI think they are competing with the elite basketball schools. They are not and shame on us for settling for mediocrity. We have under achieved for too long. It is about time we take the better players with a better coach and regain our place with the elite. They will still just be Purdue.

I'll say in advance that I am so glad to have used the "ignore" feature so liberally on the PU posters.

Bunch of vagina hat wearers over there.

Tasteless and incomprehensible. Way to represent. Not.

Hilarious coming from the likes of you.

OK Chuckles, feel free to quote any grossly sexist ("tasteless") comments I've made involving female body parts. Good luck. As for "incomprehensible", while that probably describes your take on literature and modern civilization, it's a far milder characterization than you deserve for a post promoting menswear fashioned from women's reproductive organs.

Any invertebrate doubtless bests you as agreeable/illuminating company.

The NCAA Tournament had the weakest top seeds since 2002. And that's not an opinion, it's a FACT.

Compare the top 10 teams from 2018 to 2017: average rating of .6447 for 2018 to .6509 in 2017.

Do we really need to re-visit your claims on Vince Edwards last fall? Or do you just enjoy the verbal abuse?
No, no, no! LET’S re-visit his claims on Vince Edwards last fall! They were hilarious. He was so dead set he was right. I tried to tell him. He didn’t listen. Surprise, surprise.

@New Pal Boiler - Anything to say to defend your ignorant position last fall? LOLOLOL.

OK Chuckles, feel free to quote any grossly sexist ("tasteless") comments I've made involving female body parts. Good luck. As for "incomprehensible", while that probably describes your take on literature and modern civilization, it's a far milder characterization than you deserve for a post promoting menswear fashioned from women's reproductive organs.

Any invertebrate doubtless bests you as agreeable/illuminating company.

I knew you couldn't resist, your highness. I was making fun of the mindset at GBI but you took the opportunity to try to display your self-righteousness. Kudos to you. It must be lonely at the top.

Reactions: Cutter1973
I knew you couldn't resist, your highness. I was making fun of the mindset at GBI but you took the opportunity to try to display your self-righteousness. Kudos to you. It must be lonely at the top.

You've been made. That you choose as you do puts it all on you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT