ADVERTISEMENT

Kravitz article on Romeo

Kravitz turned nasty fast. I ‘d have liked to see some doubt or equivocation. As of now I feel sorry for the Langfords.

Reactions: 76-1
I liked this line:

"Nike paid then-recruit Marvin Bagley III's father to fund his AAU teams. Nike is a Duke school."

Did any of you guys know Nike was a Duke school?

It’s just very disappointing. All the way around. For now, I’m hoping it’s not a harbinger of things to come...

It’s gotta be the shoes. Congrats.

Sour grapes, be glad you're allowed to come here and be a total douche-bag. Your sissy mods would have booted us on the second post.

You know IU did nothing wrong, you just want to be "that guy." Congrats. My perception of you has been totally changed.

I'm sure you're getting your signs all ready for this years matchup, you have no idea how bad the rest of the NCAA thinks Purdue sucks. At least you still have your "IU sucks" chant you can do at EVERY game.

Lol and his Crean comments.

Kravitz must have been sleeping during Parea's recruitment along with Vonleh, Williams, Stan, Makur and of course Thoma$ Bryant.

That's the only thing about this article that riles me up...painting Crean as this man of great ethics who only failed because he refused to swim in the murky waters.

Lol on that BS

He's ignoring the timeline... AAU ball was last summer. We didn't become a real player in his recruitment until the fall after Louisville went down.

Everyone do the logic ..

This is Pitino trying to spin that this is normal, it is, so his BS looks more normal. Kravitz is just having a drooling spasm for clicks. His accusation and rationalization is some misrepresentative BS. They're both using IU and Rome as notoriety.

So, I want to hear why IU is at fault here? Because we signed with Adidas? Or we recruited a player who played for his Dad's AAU team?

Does Purdue sign kids who played on noted AAU teams? Every one of those teams got money too, right? So, I guess it's okay if someone other than the father of the player gets money.

Every major team in the f*****g country has a kid who played on a team monetarily supported by a shoe company.
\
And again, Kravitz presented Crean as above this stuff. That's like saying someone is chaste, because they can't get laid. And, JW that goes double for Paint. Please quit trolling the masses.

lmao ..

Last edited:
Or vice versa. Play the game with the shoe companies and become “elite”. Like you guys. $$$$. You’ll make the tourney this year. Congrats.
Hey genius, how is IU playing the shoe game, exactly? They have an apparel arrangement with a shoe company? Does Purdue not have one, too? So, your whole argument on corrupt recruiting is based on perception, with no real facts? Playing the perception game is fun!! Like this one: a sports agent and booster of a school becomes legal guardian of a Player B, who miraculously ends up playing for said school, leading them to a conference title and Sweet 16 before turning pro. Smells funny on the surface, but said school's fans have all the explanations for it.

Pretty spot on article. $$$.

http://www.wane.com/news/swanigan-signs-multi-year-deal-with-nike/1000435346

Who does Purdue have an apparel agreement with again? Huh, imagine that...

And before he had verbaled to Michigan State, who do they have an apparel contract with? You don't say....

And before giving his verbal to Michigan State I see that Duke was involved. What shoe symbol appears on their gear? No shit? You don't say...it is almost like he had an affinity for schools that had a swoosh on all their apparel.

Last edited:
Pretty spot on article. $$$.

What shoe company sponsored Okoro's AAU team? What shoe company provides apparel to the team he picked (Oregon) and the two teams he picked them over (Illinois and Purdue)?

dhp69llpiyl4p87hnfmq

You are throwing stones in a glass house. When it comes to AAU and Shoe Companies, EVERY. SINGLE. SCHOOL. is involved. We all know it. We have all known it. The thing that sucks for Indiana and Purdue is that we are far enough down the priority list for our shoe companies as to rarely benefit from those relationships. You know what helped IU on this one? Not our involvement with Adidas but the fact that we are about the only big name Adidas school to not have our name tarnished by the FBI. To me that speaks of the idea that we are playing the same type of game as old Painter is.

Last edited:
Painter can’t recruit. $$$$. Congratulations on your recruiting prowess. $$$$. Whatever it takes.
Yup. We did nothing wrong. Romeo did nothing wrong. SOUR GRAPES. It must suck to see Archie come in and dominate Purdue on the recruiting trail. Like, really suck. But don’t worry, being middle of the pack will be nice for you guys this year!

Oh, and I’m sure Swanigan was as clean as the come right? It was mere coincidence that Barnes, an agent who went to Purdue, was his adopted father? It must have been mere coincidence that he decommitted from MSU for Purdue. Nothing to see there right? Lulz.

Last edited:
This might be Kravitz’s worst article yet. Because Romeo’s father did something completely legal and not against the rules, Romeo doesn't have character? That is vicious libel. The ****ing Indy media will do anything to bring down IU.
Don't say that around a PU fan who thinks the Indy media is all IU

This might be Kravitz’s worst article yet. Because Romeo’s father did something completely legal and not against the rules, Romeo doesn't have character? That is vicious libel. The ****ing Indy media will do anything to bring down IU.

No, the Indy media knows its audience. IU fans will read this, get pissed, and then send it to other IU fans to read. Then the cycle starts again. Then on the other hand, Purdue fans will read it and feel good about themselves because they are so far down Nike's list of approved schools, they rarely have to worry about this. So they get to feel superior and will pass it to their friends and say "See, Painter is a choir boy...hahaha at IU."

And who profits? WTHR. Because there are three things that drive clicks in this market: Colts, IU, and the Pacers.

I am not reading the Kravitz article. Do not feed his revenue. Do not be surprised if his counterpart at the Star has an article out on this soon too.

No, the Indy media knows its audience. IU fans will read this, get pissed, and then send it to other IU fans to read. Then the cycle starts again. Then on the other hand, Purdue fans will read it and feel good about themselves because they are so far down Nike's list of approved schools, they rarely have to worry about this. So they get to feel superior and will pass it to their friends and say "See, Painter is a choir boy...hahaha at IU."

And who profits? WTHR. Because there are three things that drive clicks in this market: Colts, IU, and the Pacers.

I am not reading the Kravitz article. Do not feed his revenue. Do not be surprised if his counterpart at the Star has an article out on this soon too.

Kravitz thinks he's Howard Stern.

The Indy RATS was tweeting about this article all day long. Pseudo-scandal crap like this is what they live for.

Or vice versa. Play the game with the shoe companies and become “elite”. Like you guys. $$$$. You’ll make the tourney this year. Congrats.

Purdue's "best senior class in school history" made 2 sweet 16's. I mean, you guys just shouldn't talk s**t about basketball.

The Langford thing is ugly. It looks to have gone down before IU was a real player. I've felt all along that he's coming here because Louisville imploded. I think that's pretty clear. I'm comfortable that IU didn't do anything wrong. If they did, they should be punished accordingly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT