ADVERTISEMENT

Kaufman Redshirting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clown take is thinking Trey's mutual decision was a bad one.

Now the clown take is thinking your leader would rather have self accolades over his teams success. You're truly a clown!
Lol I’m sure the Kaufman camp is thrilled that Painter decided Trey should redshirt. Very poor look.

Who said TJD would rather have personal success over team success? Is team success making the tournament and shitting the bed against a 13 seed?

Lol it doesn’t go any other way. No chance Kaufman accepts being behind Gillis and Furst without some convincing by Painter. It was a dumb move to go to Purdue just as it was for Newman.

Clearly, Purdue is doing something right. Not sure how you can call the move by either Newman or Kaufman to go to Purdue dumb? They’re a legit top 10 team and probably will beat us for the 20th time in a row… or whatever it is. They’re also not going anywhere. Painter has built a solid program and there is a ton a young talent on that team. Painter also seems to recruit guys who buy into the team concept a lot more than some of the guys we’ve put on the floor over the last five years.

Last edited:
Clearly, Purdue is doing something right. Not sure how you can call the move by either Newman or Kaufman to go to Purdue dumb? They’re a legit top 10 team and probably will beat us for the 20th time in a row… or whatever it is. They’re also not going anywhere. Painter has built a solid program and their is a ton a young talent on that team. Painter also seems to recruit guys who buy into the team concept a lot more than some of the guys we’ve put on the floor over the last five years.
Why are they a legit top 10?

Clearly, Purdue is doing something right. Not sure how you can call the move by either Newman or Kaufman to go to Purdue dumb? They’re a legit top 10 team and probably will beat us for the 20th time in a row… or whatever it is. They’re also not going anywhere. Painter has built a solid program and their is a ton a young talent on that team. Painter also seems to recruit guys who buy into the team concept a lot more than some of the guys we’ve put on the floor over the last five years.
correct, makes no sense to talk shit to someone who is kicking our ass

so your complaint is that Purdue is redshirting a player we desperately wanted, how is that a bad look for Kaufmann or Purdue? To me its a bad look for us
1. We would never have lost that recruiting battle had it been this year.

2. Kaufman and Furst originally didn’t want to go to the same school. Painter sold Kaufman on them being able coexist. Turns out he was lying.

3. We know you aren’t an IU fan.

Just as he was a lock for IU because of Furst. You're consistently wrong!
Was I wrong about Nojel? What about Morton?

I know it’s very rare for you guys to get top 50 players, but redshirting them is not a good look.

1. We would never have lost that recruiting battle had it been this year.

2. Kaufman and Furst originally didn’t want to go to the same school. Painter sold Kaufman on them being able coexist. Turns out he was lying.

3. We know you aren’t an IU fan.
I know someone real close to Kaufmann and the reason he isn't at IU is that Archie Miller didn't recruit him nearly as hard as Matt Painter did and there can be various reasons why that was the case

Painter was lying are you f-ing stupid , he didn't promise him anything but a opportunity, check back in 3 or 4 years and see if he made a good decision or not, who knows, time will tell

so I'm not a iu fan because I'm a realist? so on a night we look like shit against a terrible team i should be corresponding with Purdue fans about a kid who rejected us to prove my fandom

I know someone real close to Kaufmann and the reason he isn't at IU is that Archie Miller didn't recruit him nearly as hard as Matt Painter did and there can be various reasons why that was the case

Painter was lying are you f-ing stupid , he didn't promise him anything but a opportunity, check back in 3 or 4 years and see if he made a good decision or not, who knows, time will tell

so I'm not a iu fan because I'm a realist? so on a night we look like shit against a terrible team i should be corresponding with Purdue fans about a kid who rejected us to prove my fandom
You don’t know anyone close to Kaufman. He made a poor choice going to Purdue. We know you aren’t an IU fan.

you have been told to pipe up, I don't deal with idiots, my correspondence with you is over, go to bed with your sister now and plan your next attack on Washington
Lol im not even a Trump fan, but you are such a snowflake. This is not your safe space. You are probably in the 20% of Americans that approve of the current administration. I would expect nothing less from a Purdue fan.

You think when he was recruiting him he said “we are likely going to redshirt you as a freshman “? Anyone with a brain could see your front court was full.
Everyone...including TKR...could see that the front court was full. TKR also knew that highly recruited Newman and Gillis both redshirted (and both ended up earning freshman of the week honors last year). Painter's very open about his get-old-stay-old philosophy. Matt Haarms was redshirted his 1st year, and yes he grad transferred for his 4 year of eligibility (but that was because he'd been passed by both Williams and Edey on the depth chart). Painter has the reputation of being BRUTALLY honest to recruits and players; and sometimes that hurts Purdue in recruiting as some high-profile players want guarantees; and he rarely gives them.

He’s behind a guy in his grade and a guy in the class before him. If he hasn’t passed them now, how will he pass them next year? Or the year after? Painter also doesn’t produce successful NBA players, so for a top 50 guy, it was a bad choice.
Well. The answer to question 1 is development. Not all players develop at the same rate and have the same ceiling. Which leads me into my second point. You said Painter doesn't produce successful NBA players, but that's a little short sided. No knock on Purdue players, but how many NBA caliber players has Painter had? Almost every player Purdue has had has gotten better under Painter. But that doesn't mean they were NBA caliber player. I'd be curious who was an NBA caliber player Painter didn't develop.

Reactions: Poprudy
Who said Painter went up and said you are redshirting? The only time Painter says I'm redshirting you is when he recruits you with the notion that you will redshirt. See Waddell for details. Painter doesn't recruit guys and get them to practice, then say you are redshirting after they are on the team.
Well, porkchop sure did it to Kaufmann, didn't he?

So Kaufman lied in his announcement video? He was pitched TJD spot. He wanted to play the 3. He’s not a 3 he’s a stretch 4. If this kid wants to play the three he had better get some lateral movement.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Well, porkchop sure did it to Kaufmann, didn't he?
How so? Painter literally said it was kaufmans decision and Painter is supporting it. They looked at the pro's and con's together and discussed different options, but Painter didn't twist his arm or tell him what to do. So I guess, how did Painter "do it to kaufman"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT