ADVERTISEMENT

Kaufman Redshirting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you feel the same about all players that have damaged someone's life, you can have that strong of an opinion.
You don't feel the same? A player does something that permanently damages someone and you say "I'd rather forgive the player and hope they learned"?

Maybe this year is karma for iu football?

Really? Tom Allen has allowed a player that infected young women to continue to play football at IU?

I've said it before and it's the last I speak on this. I've never said haas is innocent. I've also never said he's guilty. I've said I don't know all the information and never will, so I can't say what the appropriate action should have been
As with Williams, it shouldn't be whether by law he is innocent or not (for the record, I'm not saying Williams is guilty of anything - outside of a pompous attitude condoned by the University/Athletic Dept). This is about how you want to be viewed on what you represent; the things you stand for. Period.

And you definitely can say based off of that. Without question.

On that note. Hindsight is also always 20/20.
Not in Haas' case.

Painter KNEW before that season started. But kept him anyway. Again - what do you value as a program / university? Kids make dumb mistakes. But some things such as that go BEYOND a dumb mistake. Only thing worse is to condone it - which Purdue did by keeping him on the team.

Did he do something wrong? Yes he did. Should we hold it against him for the rest of his life? Probably not. You'd hope he learned from his mistakes and isn't continuing to make the same mistakes just as you'd hope everyone could understand he did wrong and forgive him. Same with everyone who makes a mistake. I chose not to have hate on my heart. It isn't healthy.

That's the last I'm saying on this because again, I don't have all the details to make a proper judgment, but it also isn't my place to judge. A nope. There is no Purdue bias in anything I've said. It's a way to look at everyone.

"Should I hold it against him? "

"Learned from his mistakes"?

I would HOPE he isn't continuing this type of behavior.

But, again, this isn't about whether he broke a criminal law. Or whether he is contrite, or not.

This is about WHAT YOU VALUE AS A PROGRAM and a FANBASE.

It's pretty telling to those of us outside of Purdue when you attempt to excuse abhorrent behavior for Boiler athletes. But, then again, it goes back to the Purdue Mentality - the "little brother syndrome." How you "constantly view (yourselves) as the underdog not getting respect and not getting the love of the national media that (you) feel (you) deserve."

And to get that respect? Do whatever it takes - whether you look pathetic in doing it or not. Have at it, big boy . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Wow are you ok
You don't feel the same? A player does something that permanently damages someone and you say "I'd rather forgive the player and hope they learned"?

Really? Tom Allen has allowed a player that infected young women to continue to play football at IU?

As with Williams, it shouldn't be whether by law he is innocent or not (for the record, I'm not saying Williams is guilty of anything - outside of a pompous attitude condoned by the University/Athletic Dept). This is about how you want to be viewed on what you represent; the things you stand for. Period.

And you definitely can say based off of that. Without question.

Not in Haas' case.

Painter KNEW before that season started. But kept him anyway. Again - what do you value as a program / university? Kids make dumb mistakes. But some things such as that go BEYOND a dumb mistake. Only thing worse is to condone it - which Purdue did by keeping him on the team.

"Should I hold it against him? "

"Learned from his mistakes"?

I would HOPE he isn't continuing this type of behavior.

But, again, this isn't about whether he broke a criminal law. Or whether he is contrite, or not.

This is about WHAT YOU VALUE AS A PROGRAM and a FANBASE.

It's pretty telling to those of us outside of Purdue when you attempt to excuse abhorrent behavior for Boiler athletes. But, then again, it goes back to the Purdue Mentality - the "little brother syndrome." How you "constantly view (yourselves) as the underdog not getting respect and not getting the love of the national media that (you) feel (you) deserve."

And to get that respect? Do whatever it takes - whether you look pathetic in doing it or not. Have at it, big boy . . .
Haha no. I don't view Purdue as little brother. Why would I view Purdue as little brother to a lesser to equal football and basketball program? I was referring to hendershot. Playing after taking a plea deal for battery.

Haha no. I don't view Purdue as little brother. Why would I view Purdue as little brother to a lesser to equal football and basketball program? I was referring to hendershot. Playing after taking a plea deal for battery.
You don't view Purdue as little brother. But the rest of us do - for all the reasons and examples previously listed.

I'd have been just fine if Hendershot had been given the boot. But IU didn't hide his arrest until after the season. Nor did they (as Purdue did with regards to the press release on William's incident at McDonalds) say Peyton was "an outstanding representative of this university"; rather, they made clear his remaining on the team was conditional.

From the article

"We brought him back in a modified way, back with our team,” Allen said in late April. “We continue to monitor the situation as he works through some things we don’t have any control over.”

Big difference from "it's unfortunate that he has to address accusations made that do not have merit and are unfounded", huh?

As long as you feel the same about all players that have damaged someone's life, you can have that strong of an opinion. Maybe this year is karma for iu football? I've said it before and it's the last I speak on this. I've never said haas is innocent. I've also never said he's guilty. I've said I don't know all the information and never will, so I can't say what the appropriate action should have been. On that note. Hindsight is also always 20/20. Did he do something wrong? Yes he did. Should we hold it against him for the rest of his life? Probably not. You'd hope he learned from his mistakes and isn't continuing to make the same mistakes just as you'd hope everyone could understand he did wrong and forgive him. Same with everyone who makes a mistake. I chose not to have hate on my heart. It isn't healthy.

That's the last I'm saying on this because again, I don't have all the details to make a proper judgment, but it also isn't my place to judge. A nope. There is no Purdue bias in anything I've said. It's a way to look at everyone.
Plus, you got OWNED by the truth presented to you by TasmanianDevil. Haas admitted to the infection, and porkchop did NOTHING. You want to give Haas a pass, but that young woman has that disease as you wrote, "for the rest of her life". I forgive you Isaac, LOL. porkchop as the adult, as the coach, should certainly be held accountable for his total inaction on this MAJOR sex crime. He did nothing-except cover it up until 4 days after the season when this was filed in court.

Wow - so much I've missed since I was last here.

If a player does something with willful intent - rape, physical assault, or what Haas did to this, and other, young women - then, yes, they should be gone. Period. You mess up a person's life FOREVER there should be serious consequences.

And he let Haas remain on the team - while KNOWING Hass lied to the young woman about being tested and KNOWING this wasn't just a one-time, accidental slip-up; he had, in fact infected SEVERAL other young women.

The university and the other young lady were dismissed from the case.

The case against Haas is scheduled for jury trial July 26, 2022.

Really?

Please tell us of another NCAA Division I basketball program who has had a player knowingly infected someone with a STD. Can't wait to hear this one.

While we're waiting, lets discuss the true issue at hand here - the Purdue Mentality.

Yeah, I know - the article is about football. But I quote the article because the author beautifully articulates this salient point:

From the article

"Purdue gets mocked quite a bit by other fan bases for having a little brother syndrome. We constantly view ourselves as the underdog not getting respect and not getting the love of the national media that we feel we deserve. As much as we fight back against that charge there is some truth to it. I don’t mind being categorized as the underdog. In fact, I embrace it. The problem becomes when you let that mentality consume you, when you let it overtake you and it becomes your identity."

"when you let that mentality consume you" - nothing, and I mean NOTHING - accurately describes the majority of the Purdue fanbase.

That mentality causes you to chant "IU sucks" even when you aren't playing the Hoosiers.

That mentality causes you to take a shot at IU even when you're having your a$$ handed to you by another team. (see Drunk Rowdy)

It's the mentality that insist they won a National Championship in 1932. The mentality that caused them to say ""We, frankly, are surprised, disappointed and puzzled by some of the recommendations," Athletic Director Morgan Burke said, adding that the university would appeal the decision. "Even if the findings are upheld on appeal, we consider some of the recommended penalties to be inappropriate and excessive." we put on probation for breaking NCAA rules.

And the same mentality that ok'd Haas' actions and gave the vote of confidence for Williams.

Let's see those comments, shall we:

"The Purdue Athletic Department was made aware of an incident involving student Trevion Williams on the night of Oct. 21," the statement said. "The alleged incident was reviewed by law enforcement, campus officials and the athletics department. Trevion is an outstanding representative of this university, and it's unfortunate that he has to address accusations made that do not have merit and are unfounded. We consider the matter closed."

Wow!

Again - you can be 6'10", 255 lbs and it's ok to yank the door open of a restaurant and cause the manager to fall, all because you didn't get your french fries? At worst he would have been out what, $5 for a large order of fries? But, no, the actions scream "I'm Trevion Williams, bad-ass center for the Purdue
Boilermakers! WTF are my FRENCH FRIES?!?"

Doesn't matter your actions - you weren't arrested. And you're an important part of the team. Nothing to see here.

THIS is exactly why Purdue will fall short of a title again - KARMA.

Karma bites you in the A$$ when you don't toss a guy who knowingly infects others with incurable STD's by removing him for you.

Karma allows you to lose to the eventual national champs on a game you more than should have won had the player drunk/stoned at the wheel of his car with the accelerator to the floor misses the critical FT that could have sealed the game (does anything scream PURDUE CHOKE more than the way they lost that Virginia game?).

But, hey, continue to support these "fine young men". I'd rather lose than be represented by that, but to each their own.
And yet I’m sure you supported the coach that brought IU the national attention that was enjoyed for years??

• Haha
Reactions: jimmygoiu
Plus, you got OWNED by the truth presented to you by TasmanianDevil. Haas admitted to the infection, and porkchop did NOTHING. You want to give Haas a pass, but that young woman has that disease as you wrote, "for the rest of her life". I forgive you Isaac, LOL. porkchop as the adult, as the coach, should certainly be held accountable for his total inaction on this MAJOR sex crime. He did nothing-except cover it up until 4 days after the season when this was filed in court.
I was owned for what exactly? I never said anyone was right or wrong. I was so owned. Ouch. The burn.

And yet I’m sure you supported the coach that brought IU the national attention that was enjoyed for years??
I supported a lot of how he ran the program, not his personal behavior.

He, frankly, was an ass. And it eventually caught up to both him and IU.

But how many Purdue coaches have booted 3 guys (including the starting PG) off the team and suspended 7 others for smoking marijuana?

How many Purdue coaches have self-reported to the NCAA over a charity calendar that led to a 1-game suspension of their best player?

How many Boiler bosses have tossed a player from the team for failing to maintain academic standards - not those of the NCAA or the University, but self-imposed by the coach - especially when said player was your best rebounder and the team was hard-pressed to replicate his production?

Hell, Indiana self-reported the Sampson mess. That could have easily been swept under the rug. Yet they took apart a team ranked 14th in the country and capable of making a strong push in the NCAA Tournament to say "we are not going to be represented this way."

Compare that to the rhetoric passed of by the AD the other day concerning Williams. Difference is night and day.

My take is that unlike a lot of players (Nojel Eastern to use a Boilermaker example) he understands that to get where he wants to go he needs to grow his game. He isn't going to be a 5 or even a full time 4 in the NBA if he gets there. He's going to need to be a 3 or a swing 3/4 and that isn't what he has been doing all his life. He is probably one of the most intelligent, self-actualized players I have seen in a very long time. Scorer-he's got that covered. Outside game, defending smaller, quicker players, etc he can vastly improve his game. It is a logjam of talent right now at the 4/5 and he can break through that logjam easily next year imo.

rent free little man
lol . . . said the Boiler fan on an IU BASKETBALL FORUM.

funny-brother-heir-memes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT