ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings

Your comment is really interesting. You accuse me, incorrectly, of not working. Note that my initial comment was made on a Sunday, That is a day that I do not work. Your comment is also ironic and hypocritical because if you look at the page above this post as I write this you have only two fewer posts than mine (4 vs. 6.) So what does that say about you? You also do not read carefully as Courtsense's post implies that I had not been posting ("Look who's back...") so there seems to be a contradiction,

Your comment about "..players from 15 years ago.." is also incorrect. WLPU's posts stated multiple players for Painter were not in the NBA. I pointed out three others that played for more than his "cup of coffee" using normal language. Factually wrong is factually wrong and it took all of about 2 seconds to remember the others. As was also pointed out, Moore was playing two years ago so that hardly qualifies as ancient history.

As for your comment about trying to be the smartest guy in the room - also very incorrect. First of all, you are a one-trick-pony in your posting. It's time to insert Painter lost to a double-digit seed meme which occupies a high percentage in your postings. I am smart, but I know and have met people a lot smarter than me. However, you are not included in that company based upon what you post here.
Self esteem issues, again.

Go see a therapist.

It's time to insert Painter lost to a double-digit seed reference, which will forever be hilarious. I am not smart, and most of the people I have met are a lot smarter than me. I have an enormous inferiority complex and no life.
FIFY. You spend a significant chunk of your life trying to be the smartest guy in the room on the freebie IU board when you clearly are not. You are literally on here arguing about Painter's record of NBA players, and his record is atrocious. He's had roughly 1 1st round pick in 20 years: just stop. There is no way you are older than 30.

Oh, and Painter cannot beat mid-majors, including #17 seed FDU. I will never, ever, ever stop talking about Painter getting his ass beat by mid-majors. He is the worst NCAAT coach in history, and PU will end up building a statue of him: just pathetic.

Last edited:
FIFY. You spend a significant chunk of your life trying to be the smartest guy in the room on the freebie IU board when you clearly are not. You are literally on here arguing about Painter's record of NBA players, and his record is atrocious. He's had roughly 1 1st round pick in 20 years: just stop. There is no way you are older than 30.

Oh, and Painter cannot beat mid-majors, including #17 seed FDU. I will never, ever, ever stop talking about Painter getting his ass beat by mid-majors. He is the worst NCAAT coach in history, and PU will end up building a statue of him: just pathetic.
Thanks for making my point about being a one-trick-pony.

In my response to WLPU'S post, I pointed out that he was in error. I cited players that made his point as written incorrect. I never said that Painter had a great record of his players making the NBA. A clear reading of the post will find no such thing. You are mischaracterizing my post and I believe that to be intentional. If it isn't, you need to improve your reading skills.

As for the being younger than 30: while I wish it was true, I am a bit older.

In my response to WLPU'S post, I pointed out that he was in error. I cited players that made his point as written incorrect. I never said that Painter had a great record of his players making the NBA. A clear reading of the post will find no such thing. You are mischaracterizing my post and I believe that to be intentional. If it isn't, you need to improve your reading skills.

I have been on this site with the same user name for a long time now: talk about a mischaracterization of my posting! The FDU loss is literally the funniest thing that has ever happened. PU is a national joke, and Painter literally can't stop losing to mid-majors. There will never be an end of me talking about PU and Painter shitting the bed against mid-majors. However, that doesn't mean I don't ever talk about anything else.

You are splitting stupid hairs (which is your schtick) and should just stop at Painter has a bad record with putting players in the NBA. You believe splitting stupid hairs creates a good argument, yet it doesn't.

I know you are the troll with 500+ user names: that is your other stupid schtick. No way you are over 30 and have any type of a job or life. You spend a significant time of your life trolling, which is very sad.

Last edited:
Jimbo after every post he makes. So proud Jimmy!

OIP.lMNzH9tEeIYqxRbM2fC7zQAAAA

I have been on this site with the same user name for a long time now: talk about a mischaracterization of my posting! The FDU loss is literally the funniest thing that has ever happened. PU is a national joke, and Painter literally can't stop losing to mid-majors. There will never be an end of me talking about PU and Painter shitting the bed against mid-majors. However, that doesn't mean I don't ever talk about anything else.

You are splitting stupid hairs (which is your schtick) and should just stop at Painter has a bad record with putting players in the NBA. You believe splitting stupid hairs creates a good argument, yet it doesn't.

I know you are the troll with 500+ user names: that is your other stupid schtick. No way you are over 30 and have any type of a job or life. You spend a significant time of your life trolling, which is very sad.
MY view is PU had a great year. They won both the regular and tourney championships in their league. I was very pleased that IU swept them because I was tired of IU losing to them.

MY view is PU had a great year. They won both the regular and tourney championships in their league. I was very pleased that IU swept them because I was tired of IU losing to them.
Imagine (if you will) if IU had won both the regular season title by three games and the BT tournament, yet got swept by struggling Purdue before losing to Fairleigh Dickerson University, located in Madison, New Jersey. Bittersweet is still bitter.

Imagine (if you will) if IU had won both the regular season title by three games and the BT tournament, yet got swept by struggling Purdue before losing to Fairleigh Dickerson University, located in Madison, New Jersey. Bittersweet is still bitter.
Imagine (if you will) that this thread was more about the title than the constant IU/PU debate or the you don’t get what I’m saying posts

You have to appreciate how historically bad of a loss the FDU loss is. It is the worst loss in NCAAT history, maybe the history of sports. FDU was basically a #17 seed. PU can never live that down. Painter should not have a job right now.

Imagine (if you will) a Purdue basketball recruit with 687 comments and 44,000 views...on an IU message board titled "Kanon Catchings".
Ya but it seems like more than half aren’t about him but about the IU/PU debate, like the two posts that follow this original post

You have to appreciate how historically bad of a loss the FDU loss is. It is the worst loss in NCAAT history, maybe the history of sports. FDU was basically a #17 seed. PU can never live that down. Painter should not have a job right now.
The only other #1 seed to lose to a #16 seed won the title the next year. I would argue that they lived it down.

Now, we both know they won’t, but there is a chance.

It is based primarily on precedence, not talent, but it is still a chance.

You’re still here?

Imagine (if you will) a Purdue basketball recruit with 687 comments and 44,000 views...on an IU message board titled "Kanon Catchings".
Until he looks at the actual thread content and realizes that it is driven by red neck IU obsessed fans of the program he settled for.

Can’t be a good feeling.

Ya but it seems like more than half aren’t about him but about the IU/PU debate, like the two posts that follow this original post

Your postulate would be better taken if the thread was titled “Hunter Dickinson” morphing into an IU /PU debate. BTW, whatever became of those Catchings rumors? Has he taken his official visit to Bloomington, yet? Any Kilroy’s sightings or strolls alongside Campus Creek signing autographs?

The only other #1 seed to lose to a #16 seed won the title the next year. I would argue that they lived it down.

what expert had PU even making the sweet 16 last year? Obviously it was a big upset, but to suggest it was the biggest in the history of sports gives PU way too much credit. This wasn’t an undefeated Patriots team, or historically elite college or pro team.

Did anyone even pick them to win their second round game?

bottom line, because they had been peacocked in the past, struggled late last year, and had 2 inexperienced guards….this wasn’t totally shocking, even if they were playing a team that just made the tourney by the skin of their teeth.

what expert had PU even making the sweet 16 last year? Obviously it was a big upset, but to suggest it was the biggest in the history of sports gives PU way too much credit. This wasn’t an undefeated Patriots team, or historically elite college or pro team.

Did anyone even pick them to win their second round game?

bottom line, because they had been peacocked in the past, struggled late last year, and had 2 inexperienced guards….this wasn’t totally shocking, even if they were playing a team that just made the tourney by the skin of their teeth.
That said, how often does a Big Ten team win the regular season by three games or more AND the BT tournament AND having been ranked #1 multiple weeks, losing to a #16 seed (from Madison, New Jersey forchrist'sake) as a #1 seed by 5 points or greater?

My concern now is that Purdue will be on a mission to save face this coming season. They will get an early jump on opposition with their scheduled European summer tour and will be stronger than last season. They have very few question marks to be answered while IU has too many to count. I'll start to relax when they get their first regular season defeat and breathe an even heavier sigh of relief (second only to that heard following screaming orgasm...mine, not hers) with their NCAA tournament defeat.

That said, how often does a Big Ten team win the regular season by three games or more AND the BT tournament AND having been ranked #1 multiple weeks, losing to a #16 seed (from Madison, New Jersey forchrist'sake) as a #1 seed by 5 points or greater?

My concern now is that Purdue will be on a mission to save face this coming season. They will get an early jump on opposition with their scheduled European summer tour and will be stronger than last season. They have very few question marks to be answered while IU has too many to count. I'll start to relax when they get their first regular season defeat and breathe an even heavier sigh of relief (second only to that heard following screaming orgasm...mine, not hers) with their NCAA tournament defeat.
It's still largely the same team as last year with two unathletic, underclassmen guards who struggled against physicality and pressure that also lack the ability to create for themselves.

Yes, we all should be prepared for Purdue to once again play very well in the regular season as that has been Painter's staple for nearly 2 decades; high floor/low ceiling, but at the end of the day, they will wilt (again) under pressure when it matters due to Painter's inflexibility given his roster dynamic. If he hasn't learned by year 19, why is year 20 going to be any different?

Agreed, but varying conclusions can be drawn.

Perhaps the b10 just was not good at all last year.

There's a less than 0 percent chance that happens. PU has a putrid NCAAT record and hasn't been to a final four since 1980. I guess Lloyd Christmas had a chance with Mary.

Virginia was missing a lottery pick and best player when they lost to a #16, and Virginia had better talent.

Last edited:

End the thread.

Reactions: indiana ed
It's still largely the same team as last year with two unathletic, underclassmen guards who struggled against physicality and pressure that also lack the ability to create for themselves.

Yes, we all should be prepared for Purdue to once again play very well in the regular season as that has been Painter's staple for nearly 2 decades; high floor/low ceiling, but at the end of the day, they will wilt (again) under pressure when it matters due to Painter's inflexibility given his roster dynamic. If he hasn't learned by year 19, why is year 20 going to be any different?
Broken clocks eventually get it right. I just hope it’s not in my lifetime.

Broken clocks eventually get it right. I just hope it’s not in my lifetime.
We'll see. I'm 70 years old and I'm not sure Purdue has ever had a team that legitimately could say they were ever the favorite to win it all. The 68-69 team is easily the best Purdue team I've ever seen but they weren't ever going to beat an Alcindor-led team, and in fact lost to that UCLA team twice that year.

I'm sure millennial @BoilerN will tell you Purdue was a lock to win it all the year Hummel tore his ACL in January or Clinton County Miracle Baby @rsomm will say Purdue wins it all if Big Dog wasn't love wrestling with his teammates in the hotel room, but lightning is going to need to strike twice for Matt Painter to overachieve in March and he'll coach there another 25 years.

We'll see. I'm 70 years old and I'm not sure Purdue has ever had a team that legitimately could say they were ever the favorite to win it all. The 68-69 team is easily the best Purdue team I've ever seen but they weren't ever going to beat an Alcindor-led team, and in fact lost to that UCLA team twice that year.

I'm sure millennial @BoilerN will tell you Purdue was a lock to win it all the year Hummel tore his ACL in January or Clinton County Miracle Baby @rsomm will say Purdue wins it all if Big Dog wasn't love wrestling with his teammates in the hotel room, but lightning is going to need to strike twice for Matt Painter to overachieve in March and he'll coach there another 25 years.
I recall, Google assisted, their ‘88 team featuring Todd Mitchell and Troy Lewis et. al. was almost good enough to win it all. Fortunately, they lost a close one to Danny Manning’s Kansas team.

I recall, Google assisted, their ‘88 team featuring Todd Mitchell and Troy Lewis et. al. was almost good enough to win it all. Fortunately, they lost a close one to Danny Manning’s Kansas team.
I was in the bleachers when they came into the hall and got beat. Mitchell was barking at us when they took the floor. LOL

I was in the bleachers when they came into the hall and got beat. Mitchell was barking at us when they took the floor. LOL

That team certainly had it's fair share of unique characters/coaches. Scheffler had about the most punchable face of any B10 player of all-time and Bruce Weber is about as insufferable as they come.

WTF? I must have missed that little pearl....
According to PU folklore, PU "would" have defeated Coach K and a way more talented Duke team "if" Glenn Robinson had not experienced a dubious injury from wrestling his teammates before the game. On a funny side note, Dakich said Bob Knight put 110% effort into a game plan for Coach K to beat PU's ass: Gene-O didn't stand a chance, lol

What is Campus Creek?
It’s the officially renamed, politically incorrect Jordan River. It runs adjacent to the world’s largest student union building, through Dunn Meadow. Likewise, Jordan Ave is now Eagleson Ave. It later dawned upon the more modern day holier-than-thous that IU’s first president, David Starr Jordan, was a racist pig so IU made sure he never squeals again.

Kansas St. and Mitch Richmond, not Kansas.
Thank you for setting me straight. Ironically, in the first game of that tournament, PU beat # 16 seed Fairleigh Dickerson, 94-79. PU also played Kansas St earlier in that season, beating them handily in Mackey, 101-72. The 1988 NCAA was won by Kansas, led by…(snare drum) Danny Manning.

Thank you for setting me straight. Ironically, in the first game of that tournament, PU beat # 16 seed Fairleigh Dickerson, 94-79. PU also played Kansas St earlier in that season, beating them handily in Mackey, 101-72. The 1988 NCAA was won by Kansas, led by…(snare drum) Danny Manning.
I will admit, it is hard to keep all of the PUke NCAAT failures straight. Mitch was a baller.

It’s the officially renamed, politically incorrect Jordan River. It runs adjacent to the world’s largest student union building, through Dunn Meadow. Likewise, Jordan Ave is now Eagleson Ave. It later dawned upon the more modern day holier-than-thous that IU’s first president, David Starr Jordan, was a racist pig so IU made sure he never squeals again.
Actually, David Starr Jordan was IU's seventh president. He was lured away from IU to become Stanford University's first president. But he was a lousy three point shooter, so no-one on this board cares.

Reactions: 76-1
Actually, David Starr Jordan was IU's seventh president. He was lured away from IU to become Stanford University's first president. But he was a lousy three point shooter, so no-one on this board cares.
Thank you for the correction. Jordan was the first non-ordained minister to become IU president when he became our seventh president. His wiki page lists our former Jordan River as being renamed Campus River while noting it is really just a creek. I hate the name “Campus River” more than “Campus Creek”. Traversing as a babbling brook within the confines of an institute of higher learned behavior, one assumes they could get the nomenclature corrected at the same time as political correctness, but then again, it’s IU during COVID’s cleansing reset.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT