ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings

Yes over 20 wins for purdue next season they have the best coach in the big ten
Not better than Izzo, and he had to wait for Ryan, Beilein, and Matta to leave. It took Painter 20 years what it took Mike Davis and Bruce Weber accomplish in like 2 years. Jesus, imagine if IU supported Tom Crean like Painter. Painter literally s*** the bed every year until last year.

Please tell me you don’t believe Edey didn’t make NIL. Rumored to have made between 1-2 mil…

Tell me you didn't read the article.

There's zero percent chance he made a million last year when he couldn't get deals inside the US.

Edey wasn't happy with the amount he was making last year, but there was nothing he could do about it.

Tell me you didn't read the article.

There's zero percent chance he made a million last year when he couldn't get deals inside the US.

Edey wasn't happy with the amount he was making last year, but there was nothing he could do about it.

I don’t need to. He made between 1 and 2 mil. Why do you think they did stuff in Canada? Hint: it was to help Edey with NIL. That whole weekend was about NIL for Zach.

Courtsense only asks others for links. His MO is to not provide any sources backing up his claims like the one made in this thread about Catchings and Purdue splitting over NIL payments. His subsequent post suggests that he has no source for his claim. The reporter closest to Purdue's staff has posted that the staff had enough of Catchings' complaints/requests/demands. It will be interesting to see where he ends up at this point. The most common thought is that he remains at OTE in hope of being a draftee next spring. It is unfortunate that he left but it may be the best for both parties in the long run .
That was a quick four week ban. Welcome back arcb102000/apm1003

I don’t need to. He made between 1 and 2 mil. Why do you think they did stuff in Canada? Hint: it was to help Edey with NIL. That whole weekend was about NIL for Zach.

Link that he made 1-2 million, and not just some rumor.

I'm posting links where it says he can't and doesn't make what American born players are making. Here's another one.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Link that he made 1-2 million, and not just some rumor.

I'm posting links where it says he can't and doesn't make what American born players are making. Here's another one.

This says nothing about how little or how much Edey made. He made NIL off jersey sales and the Toronto game. I’m sure other ways as well.

This says nothing about how little or how much Edey made. He made NIL off jersey sales and the Toronto game. I’m sure other ways as well.

They literally say he doesn't have the potential to make what American born players make. Hell, he says it himself.

He's not making a million off jersey sales and a weekend in Toronto.

They literally say he doesn't have the potential to make what American born players make. Hell, he says it himself.

He's not making a million off jersey sales and a weekend in Toronto.
But he did. Purdue set up so much stuff for that weekend. Purdue reporters and others have said he made between 1 and 2 million. Believe he didn’t if you want. Also believe Purdue spends a mil in NIL between football and basketball if you want.

So to confirm, you have no idea how much Purdues collective has and no idea how much they pay players? Seems like you are just saying that on a whim.
Sleepers guys are talking about it. So my whim came from them. It tracks but it’s not proven. That’s why I put the ? Mark in there. So? Do we know what other programs exactly spend? Do we know the exact war chest numbers? No but we can get an overall picture. The picture is that it’s likely Purdue doesn’t play ball because of lower funds. That is probable.

• Haha
Reactions: tbird2017
But he did. Purdue set up so much stuff for that weekend. Purdue reporters and others have said he made between 1 and 2 million. Believe he didn’t if you want. Also believe Purdue spends a mil in NIL between football and basketball if you want.
I thought “we” didn’t know? If you expect others to believe that then why not believe the Catchings NIL stuff?

If this has been reported by others, why haven't you supplied a link to even one report on it because if he was pulling in that kind of money, Purdue would be pumping that out for pub that kids can make that kind of money at Purdue.

If this has been reported by others, why haven't you supplied a link to even one report on it because if he was pulling in that kind of money, Purdue would be pumping that out for pub that kids can make that kind of money at Purdue.
I don't think this is anyone's business but the players. I would not be happy with the university releasing that information concerning me.

Sleepers guys are talking about it. So my whim came from them. It tracks but it’s not proven. That’s why I put the ? Mark in there. So? Do we know what other programs exactly spend? Do we know the exact war chest numbers? No but we can get an overall picture. The picture is that it’s likely Purdue doesn’t play ball because of lower funds. That is probable.
What is lower funds? Less than 15 mil? Then I’d agree. Less than 7 mil, not sure I do.

Because you cannot read Neubert article discussing it. Why does Purdue need to pump out pub? Coaches can have that conversation in the recruiting process. Tweeting it out does nothing.

You never back yours up…. But since you insist I never do…
Rule #1 for throwing receipts in the face of someone asking for one:

Assume that they might just check the link out

Rule #2

Check the receipt in advance to be sure it doesen't blow up in your face.

You clearly didn't do that and...as normal process would have it with you...this one blew up in your face Gilligan.

This Neff guy who is the CEO of the Mighty Boilimaker Alliance (MBA) did not back up your claim that the MBA is "approaching $10MM". In fact...well...wow

• MBA has just added two staff members (total three) while big Power 4 collectives (like IU's 3) average 6-8 employees.
  • MBA has just 400 members and this is after the historic super awesome FF run.
  • Neff stated that MBA has "a lot of work to to" needs to "eponentially grow membership and donors" if they ever want to "approach being an 8 figure collective"
So, Gilligan...what Mr Neff (MBA CEO) says is that the pu NIL effort is essentially six inches off the ground even after the super awesome once in a lifetime FF run.

So...Gilligan, which claim to you want to "back up" next????

I agree but purdue will be fine next year they have a 7 foot 3 center coming in and big dog son is coming in so they will complete for the big ten championship

Because you cannot read Neubert article discussing it. Why does Purdue need to pump out pub? Coaches can have that conversation in the recruiting process. Tweeting it out does nothing.
Speaking of coaches having conversations during the recruiting process....

Sure seems like the conversations with Catchings maybe weren't quite candid enough? Whether it was role, or money, or both. Seems as though things should have been made clear in all this time since the 2022 verbal.

I don't think this is anyone's business but the players. I would not be happy with the university releasing that information concerning me.
I don't think any school is releasing #s, but that doesn't mean a lot of people aren't curious, snooping and asking questions.

Rule #1 for throwing receipts in the face of someone asking for one:

Assume that they might just check the link out

Rule #2

Check the receipt in advance to be sure it doesen't blow up in your face.

You clearly didn't do that and...as normal process would have it with you...this one blew up in your face Gilligan.

This Neff guy who is the CEO of the Mighty Boilimaker Alliance (MBA) did not back up your claim that the MBA is "approaching $10MM". In fact...well...wow

• MBA has just added two staff members (total three) while big Power 4 collectives (like IU's 3) average 6-8 employees.
  • MBA has just 400 members and this is after the historic super awesome FF run.
  • Neff stated that MBA has "a lot of work to to" needs to "eponentially grow membership and donors" if they ever want to "approach being an 8 figure collective"
So, Gilligan...what Mr Neff (MBA CEO) says is that the pu NIL effort is essentially six inches off the ground even after the super awesome once in a lifetime FF run.

So...Gilligan, which claim to you want to "back up" next????
He said “as we approach potentially being an 8 figure collective”. Which makes sense with the numbers Walter’s is rumored to have had access to in order to build his team.

Last edited:
Speaking of coaches having conversations during the recruiting process....

Sure seems like the conversations with Catchings maybe weren't quite candid enough? Whether it was role, or money, or both. Seems as though things should have been made clear in all this time since the 2022 verbal.
His role was likely discussed. And it likely sounded like this “if you come in and work hard and earn your time, you will play. If you are one of the best 5, you will start. If you aren’t good enough, you won’t play. I’m not promising you anything.” That’s what painter says to every recruit about playing time.

His role was likely discussed. And it likely sounded like this “if you come in and work hard and earn your time, you will play. If you are one of the best 5, you will start. If you aren’t good enough, you won’t play. I’m not promising you anything.” That’s what painter says to every recruit about playing time.
You don't know at all what the discussions were b/t Matt and Kanon over the past few years. We get it, you like Painter, so you made up some fan fiction where Matt handled things perfectly.

Listen i want that purdue and iu both good and its going to happen this year but purdue is better then iu why because of depth
I saw where IU has the highest total returning ppg of any team in the country. You guys may wind up being deeper, but a good bit of that are projections. IU's players have shown they can play at this level. IU's challenge will be developing chemistry and rotations, but IU has more proven college players this year than PU. Think I saw where IU had like 88ppg from returning players/transfers. I don't know what PU's would be, but probably in the range of 40ppg (Smith 15, Loyer 12, TKR 8, bench 5).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT