ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings

How so? Not sure it hurts Purdue's momentum at all. Maybe it detracts people who want guaranteed play time? But if you need that….
As evident on April 8, a national championship needs to be won with a team that has a few players who possess NBA talent. With Catchings gone Purdue is left with a team with no perceived NBA talent and the prospect of attaining it in the future look slim.

What’s the fact on the transfer?
I have no idea ..rumors is all we have. Still doesn't make any of them true ..

Didn't you learn anything from the end of the season when butthurt idiots started rumors and butthurt idiots believed them and propagated them ... Remember when the whole team was leaving, or when Woodson was lazy and not recruiting .. or any of the other made up bullshit that was being passed around from inside sources... it was all bullshit......

Hell to hear PUkes talk about the de-committ they're just gonna go out and win another NC.
PUkes = Comedy Forever

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
A coach at OTE became an assistant coach at BYU a few days ago according to the podcast Sleepers. They predict Catchings will end up at BYU or possibly with Daddy Brad at Illinois.

The hosts of the show were pretty snarky about what was going on behind the scenes with Catchings recruitment. This is the new world for college basketball with all the NIL money floating around.

It’s funny how it’s “painter won’t play NIL”. Won’t or is it Can’t? I’m sure the question of how much NIL comes up. It’s actually funny when they play the holier than thou card.
Purdue fans are spinning one hell of a narrative that NIL is some bad thing (because they don't have a lot) and PU is somehow special (it was just Edey) and staying away from it (which doesn't even make sense they pay NIL, and what's wrong with paying players what they are worth?).

More bad news for the PU narrative is even more $ is coming for players when the rev share starts. I wonder if Pork Chop will pay out all the rev share he can? We all know the answer.

Purdue fans are spinning one hell of a narrative that NIL is some bad thing (because they don't have a lot) and PU is somehow special (it was just Edey) and staying away from it (which doesn't even make sense they pay NIL, and what's wrong with paying players what they are worth?).

More bad news for the PU narrative is even more $ is coming for players when the rev share starts. I wonder if Pork Chop will pay out all the rev share he can? We all know the answer.
You have a great screen name for this thread. Right-on Tammany Hall, Right-on!

As evident on April 8, a national championship needs to be won with a team that has a few players who possess NBA talent. With Catchings gone Purdue is left with a team with no perceived NBA talent and the prospect of attaining it in the future look slim.
Why isn’t Colvin and Heide “NBA talents”? Jacobson looks like he could develop into one. Can Harris become one? Actually, let’s back up. What does a player have to possess to be perceived as an NBA talent?

It’s funny how it’s “painter won’t play NIL”. Won’t or is it Can’t? I’m sure the question of how much NIL comes up. It’s actually funny when they play the holier than thou card.
Why can’t Purdue “play NIL?”

Where do you see Purdue doesn’t have a lot of NIL? Their collective is approaching 10 mil.

Reactions: tbird2017
Where do you see Purdue doesn’t have a lot of NIL? Their collective is approaching 10 mil.

Greg Waddell at Sleepers Media mentioned that every Purdue player receives the same amount of NIL. I'm not sure how this would be possible. Anyhow, LOL if there is any truth to it.

Last edited:
Greg Waddell at Sleepers Media mentioned that every Purdue player receives the same amount of NIL. I'm not sure how this would be possible. Anyhow, LOL if there is any truth to it.
I’ve never seen solid details on how things really work there. Edey made about $1M in NIL last year, and obviously all the other players were not making that amount.

I get the impression the freshman all make similar amounts, and then it increases from there depending on well they do. If true, still an odd approach, all freshman are not equal. Like you I’m not sure it’s possible.

How would he know that? Honest question. Do you truely believe everyone made as much as Zach last year? And Braden Smith is making like 100k this year? Also, Walter’s has more or less said this is false.

I’ve never seen solid details on how things really work there. Edey made about $1M in NIL last year, and obviously all the other players were not making that amount.

I get the impression the freshman all make similar amounts, and then it increases from there depending on well they do. If true, still an odd approach, all freshman are not equal. Like you I’m not sure it’s possible.
A very fair approach Imo but they won't get the top-level talent doing it.

A very fair approach Imo but they won't get the top-level talent doing it.
Yea. I think PU will do fine, but I’d guess they’re going to end up playing the NIL and portal game like everyone else does. And there is nothing wrong with that — Pork Chop won’t lose his culture by paying kids market NIL (and rev share) and using the portal.

Yea. I think PU will do fine, but I’d guess they’re going to end up playing the NIL and portal game like everyone else does. And there is nothing wrong with that — Pork Chop won’t lose his culture by paying kids market NIL (and rev share) and using the portal.
Why does he need to take 4 transfers a year like everyone else though?

Link to what? The number? It is an interview on GBI with David Neft
Courtsense only asks others for links. His MO is to not provide any sources backing up his claims like the one made in this thread about Catchings and Purdue splitting over NIL payments. His subsequent post suggests that he has no source for his claim. The reporter closest to Purdue's staff has posted that the staff had enough of Catchings' complaints/requests/demands. It will be interesting to see where he ends up at this point. The most common thought is that he remains at OTE in hope of being a draftee next spring. It is unfortunate that he left but it may be the best for both parties in the long run .

Courtsense only asks others for links. His MO is to not provide any sources backing up his claims like the one made in this thread about Catchings and Purdue splitting over NIL payments. His subsequent post suggests that he has no source for his claim. The reporter closest to Purdue's staff has posted that the staff had enough of Catchings' complaints/requests/demands. It will be interesting to see where he ends up at this point. The most common thought is that he remains at OTE in hope of being a draftee next spring. It is unfortunate that he left but it may be the best for both parties in the long run .
I know. It’s why I didn’t give him the link, but told him where it came from. Let’s him use the google a bit. Or call the CEO of the Alliance a liar.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Kanon is visiting BYU and Florida St. Those schools are pretty much total opposites. BYU recently hired his former OTE coach. Interesting.

Last edited:
Bro no nba talent at purdue myles colvin big dog son harris is enrolled at purdue kanon called coach painter to see what his role at purdue was going to be he did not like what painter said purdue will be fine

• Haha
Painter is a fine college coach. He figures out his team's strengths and builds around them. We have a template coach that still hasnt hit on that template. I believe he has the players to construct a championship template, will he put them in the right spots. I know he had strong $uggestions made on how to do that.

Paint had the second best team in the country last year. What will be his elite strength to build around this year? I know he was making a conscious effort to become more athletic. I believe he will platoon the 2 inexperienced bigs to play off of TKR the #1 option. Furst will back him up and Heide will replace Loyer in the starting 5. Colvin will be Jones replacement and Smith will be asked to evolve a bit. I think TKR and 4 guards playing more like Alabama might be more effective. Either way 20 wins should be considered the ceiling.

Catchings got 100k to be a high school senior. Has an offer to stay with OTE in the neighborhood of 350k. He grew 2 inches and put 30 lbs there and this late in the process someone will give him 1m dollars. Purdue didn't have a chance. BYU is my pick.

Would Edey had even been at Purdue had he been able to get NIL like American born players?

Would Edey had even been at Purdue had he been able to get NIL like American born players?

Please tell me you don’t believe Edey didn’t make NIL. Rumored to have made between 1-2 mil…

Painter is a fine college coach. He figures out his team's strengths and builds around them. We have a template coach that still hasnt hit on that template. I believe he has the players to construct a championship template, will he put them in the right spots. I know he had strong $uggestions made on how to do that.

Paint had the second best team in the country last year. What will be his elite strength to build around this year? I know he was making a conscious effort to become more athletic. I believe he will platoon the 2 inexperienced bigs to play off of TKR the #1 option. Furst will back him up and Heide will replace Loyer in the starting 5. Colvin will be Jones replacement and Smith will be asked to evolve a bit. I think TKR and 4 guards playing more like Alabama might be more effective. Either way 20 wins should be considered the ceiling.

Catchings got 100k to be a high school senior. Has an offer to stay with OTE in the neighborhood of 350k. He grew 2 inches and put 30 lbs there and this late in the process someone will give him 1m dollars. Purdue didn't have a chance. BYU is my pick.
I’ll take the over in 20

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT