ADVERTISEMENT

Juwan Howard

Hiring a black coach who also played does not guarantee success.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: brianiu
They still have more 'quality wins' than we do right now....
IU has the toughest remaining schedule in the B1G.
And I would want it that way, backloading the schedule rather than front loading the schedule, so that players can get more PT and confidence early in the season, then peak late in the season and beat good teams.

Howard is an unproven coach that will take his lumps in the B1G.
Famous NBA players bring hype but many do not have an equal coaching game compared to when they played.
Many times the top coaches were marginal D1 players who overachieved with BB IQ, hustle, and intensity.
Bob Knight is an example.

IU has the toughest remaining schedule in the B1G.
And I would want it that way, backloading the schedule rather than front loading the schedule, so that players can get more PT and confidence early in the season, then peak late in the season and beat good teams.

I think that is fine for a year like this one where the team had no identity and a bunch of new players and opportunities to compete for. Hopefully next year the schedule is tougher in November. The team will have played together for a year and while things can still change as some of the players grow their game, the roles are fairly defined now.

I responded to his post and called him a racist. My post was deleted but his remains. Interesting.
He is clearly unstable in the head. Without a doubt severely emotionally disturbed. Probably a danger to himself and people close to him. It’s absolutely shocking that he can come here and sabotage the integrity of all IU fans.
Not only is his goal to be a disruption but now he can throw around insulting racial undertones at will. Whoever runs this place needs a wake up call. It’s not 1950 anymore, this shit won’t be tolerated. I’d say emails need to be sent directly to Rivals and someone can be held accountable.

Reactions: Coach Pete Bell
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT