ADVERTISEMENT

"Juneteenth: A Global Celebration of Freedom"

Something very romantic about young love and amusement parks. I banged one in the back seat in the parking lot at a milli vanilli concert at six flags. Boobs to die for. Sweet. Dumb. Should have just stuck with her. I even dragged to her law school. Stuck around nights listening to Cortez’s bullshit and all the rest and never once complained.
Ya gotta read Jean Shepherd ‘s Wanda Hickey’s Night of Golden Memories. The amusement park story is hilarious and might be the funniest thing in print.

Shepherd grew up in Hammond Indiana and his stories hit home in all respects.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Yes and no...Hell, at Cedar Point was the year we went, and the ride Top Fuel Dragster got stuck at the top, mostly facing down. I have no clue how that happened, but it looked freaking horrible. I've been stuck on a roller coaster at the top getting ready to go over the falls, but hell no NOT Top Fuel Dragster. I was ruined from that point forward from going on that ride. I'll do any ride, but after witnessing that, and they were up there for over 30 minutes. Hell No!

But honestly, for the money there is probably not a better park for the coasters than Cedar Point. Plus, when you're at the top you get the lovely Lake Erie view.
They finally redid Top Thrill.... now called Top Thrill 2.

It already broke down.
Worst nightmare
Best thing I ever did at Cedar Point was cop my first feel. Worst thing I ever did at Cedar Point was literally every other thing I did at Cedar Point.
So this was in my news feed this morning. Inverted at the top of a ride and left dangling upside down until the fire department arrived minutes later? Ohhhh my that would be awful.

Edit: 1 report I read said 2 hours. People were losing feeling. Uggghhh

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/15/us/portland-amusement-park-riders-stuck-upside-down/index.html

74110140007-portland-park-riders-stuck-upside-down.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: outside shooter
  • Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
I'll ride any roller coaster out there, but you couldn't pay me to ride a swing ride like that.
I can't imagine that. I've been stuck a couple times.

Once on a Batwing ride where they get you in and lean the seat forward like you're flying through the air. While they leaned us forward we got stuck for about 10 minutes. The pressure on the shins and some other points of the body was painful. No way anyone could have lasted much longer being in that position.

Im sure being on that ride upside down for however long and the pressure points from being strapped in was awful. Things you don't think about. You're stuck upside down up super high but the straps holding you in prolly cut off certain blood flow areas and bones that aren't used to body weight suddenly dealing with that for an extended period. Not Good!

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Just had an attorney on a closing call, when discussion of whether we could close Thursday or Friday of this week because of Juneteenth announce:

"Listen ya'll, I'm 4th generation African-American Texan, so I love Juneteenth as much as anyone, but if we get that Freddie commitment today, I WILL be ready to close Thursday. Aunt Jessie's just gonna have to go without my ambrosia salad this year." 😄

Let's go...****in close this damn deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT