ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Stewart Gets It - City Crime

IUclover

All-Big Ten
Nov 19, 2015
This might be a hard listen for some of the Dream Team Snowflakes here but I found a video that pushes back on some of the Catturd narrative. I know, I know... this isn't Bill Maher saying something you agree with while also owning the libs or some billionaire with absolutely no incentive to push back on Dem policies. Anyway, have a listen.

This might be a hard listen for some of the Dream Team Snowflakes here but I found a video that pushes back on some of the Catturd narrative. I know, I know... this isn't Bill Maher saying something you agree with while also owning the libs or some billionaire with absolutely no incentive to push back on Dem policies. Anyway, have a listen.

No we understand it perfectly. Defunding police and the attack on police and Covid lockdowns spiked the hell out of crime. In other words more bad progressive policy. As cities reverse progressive policies things are improving.

Here’s a good breakdown

• Haha
Reactions: anon_mya1phvcpf5x4
Don't have time to listen, is he discussing crime being at an historic 50-year low point after the post-COVID-45 spike?

Reactions: Ohio Guy
No we understand it perfectly. Defunding police and the attack on police and Covid lockdowns spiked the hell out of crime. In other words more bad progressive policy. As cities reverse progressive policies things are improving.

Here’s a good breakdown

I caught a little bit of the Jon Stewart clip and I think it's a little both/and as far as this argument is concerned.

Yes, reinvesting in police recruitment and activity would have a positive impact. But Stewart's point was that most of the guns used in violent crimes in our major cities come from states with lax gun laws. Couple that with the fact that for decades Republicans block any time of meaningful gun legislation while conversely making it easier for just about anyone to obtain a gun, a big part of the problem is being ignored.

Here’s a good breakdown

Thank goodness for the adaptable leadership in those cities!

Thank goodness for the adaptable leadership in those cities!
Read the Minneapolis article. Mod Dems are fine. Progressives are a cancer. Biden’s first year we had progressives dictating policing, border, stimulus, climate. Do we really want to go back to that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT