ADVERTISEMENT

John Amos passed away

VanPastorMan

Hall of Famer
Mar 21, 2002
Central Pennsylvania Via Washington Indiana
This article said he died on Aug 21st. Did any of you hear about this earlier? I loved him in just about everything I saw him in. James Evans on Goodtimes. Adult Kunta Kinte on Roots. Mr. McDowell on Coming to America. RIP John Amos

Yeah, the rule of thumb was always that celebrities died in threes. In the past week or so we've had:

Maggie Smith
Kris Kristofferson
Pete Rose
John Amos
Frank Fritz

Somebody get Harrison Ford a secret service detail STAT!

Yeah, the rule of thumb was always that celebrities died in threes. In the past week or so we've had:

Maggie Smith
Kris Kristofferson
Pete Rose
John Amos
Frank Fritz

Somebody get Harrison Ford a secret service detail STAT!
Not sure I'd put Frank Fritz at the same level as the others on that list. In fact I had to google because I honestly never heard of him. But regardless that's quite a list and even more memorable if you add JD Souther and James Earl Jones. And even Bob Newhart was pretty rcent as well, so we are losing notable folks at a fairly rapid rate.

RIP old friends...

Europe in that era was not great for civilized treatment of prisoners, or anyone

But he got it right, we killed Yamamoto.
The theme of the speech is brilliant, historical inaccuracy aside.

"Any list of the top has got to include me." He transcended that. You really believe he's a military expert there, and not just an actor who owned a McDonald's rip-off in an Eddie Murphy film.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT