ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Jones is leaving.

I’m floating this idea: Let Shelby coach all DB’s (almost like a promotion for him) hire a new LB coach who would also coach the Bull, let coach T give that part up and focus just on being STC. Let Wilt be full time DC with accountability on him. And Allen just be a HC. There I said it! 😎

I’m floating this idea: Let Shelby coach all DB’s (almost like a promotion for him) hire a new LB coach who would also coach the Bull, let coach T give that part up and focus just on being STC. Let Wilt be full time DC with accountability on him. And Allen just be a HC. There I said it! 😎
My only real issue issue would be having the Bull coached by just the linebackers coach since he really is hybrid between a linebacker and a safety. I guess you could alternate them periods between the 2 position coaches.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Always liked the idea that the back 4 get coached as a unit - especially if you are blitzing them much - which I want want WANT.

Reactions: IU73 and vesuvius13
Jason Jones is leaving to take a position at UNC.

Wish Coach Jones the best. Seemed like an upstanding man and a good example for the young men he lead.

Admittedly, I'm just a fan with that level of football acumen. However, it did seem that shortly after Coach Jones' arrival there was a downturn in the performance of the secondary--not sure whether it was the safeties, the cornerbacks, or both. To be fair, in research they say, "correlation is not causation."

Looks like there is an opportunity for an upgrade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT