ADVERTISEMENT

Jan 6 hearings, serious thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that many of us did not agree with Barr on Mueller gives extra credence to his actions with regards to the Big Lie. He was essentially a Trumper, but even he could see how ridiculous Trump's claims were. Your claim he is engaging in CYA is patently ignorant, since he's the one who went out on a limb and risked Trump's wrath by being honest with him about his false claims of election fraud. He's revealing what he told Trump in 2020/2021, not attempting to revise history...
Shorter version: You only believe Barr when he says what you want him to say.

So although this makes no sense, since no one is on trial and the people who gave depositions basically answered questions, let's take your point to it's (ill) logical conclusion...

So the point of today was that Trump knew his lies were BS, because all of the people in his cabinet and the folks who served as advisors had repeatedly told him so. Even as despicable a person as Jayson Miller wasn't delusional enough to swallow the nonsense people like Rudy and Sidney Powell were peddling about dominion, and dead voters and every other grift they could get Trump to swallow.

So what's the counter argument- that they're lying and that they all bought into that nonsense and none of them warned him? So when Barr says he told Trump in no uncertain terms it was BS, your argument is that Barr did no such thing and is changing his story to cover his ass?

Did you see how many people in separate depositions brought up that Rudy was drunk on election night and was spouting nonsense and urging Trump to pull that stupid 3am stunt where he claimed victory? You think all of the Trumpers who told the Committee in separate depositions that they warned Trump not to do something so stupid are just lying after the fact? All of them?

You want to have someone "cross-examine" the ex-US Attorney for Northern Georgia Pak (appointed by Trump) who at Barr's request investigated all of the wacky claims being made in GA? What do you think a "cross-examination" would reveal- I knew there was no evidence but I told Trump there was? I mean there were posters on this board posting that ridiculous claim about the "suitcases of ballots", and I remember telling people at the time that had already been debunked. I knew that because it was all over mainstream news, but apparently the people posting it never saw it on any of the sources they rely on for "news"?
So you're OK with an investigation in which all sides are not heard.

I'm not surprised. I hope you feel that way in 2023.

Nope didn’t listen to any of it. Read about it. And ended up just like everyone with a brain ones it would. Proved nothing. But keep trying.
Yep, talking out your ass when you didn't watch it. Keep trying.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Drag shows? You listening to Tucket again? It’s not Dems talking about drag shows. It’s Fox and their minions trying to draw attention away from the threat to democracy January 6 was by using their normal ridiculous social ploys. Pedo, groomers, Disney World, trans athletes, drag shows. Zero ideas. Zero solutions. Just bring up stupid make believe social issues to stir up the stupid.
“Was” is the most important word in your post.

Most are concerned about the energy, economics, border, and crime problems that are.

Anyone following the Ryan Kelly (R Michigan gov candidate) arrest on Jan 6 charges? Seems that they admitted.... OOPS, our bad. hmmm
Nope. Haven't heard a thing about them admitting a mistake. Only his arrest.

Just the way it was planned.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
So you're OK with an investigation in which all sides are not heard.

I'm not surprised. I hope you feel that way in 2023.
Plenty of Republicans, including many cabinet members and Trump’’s 2020 campaign manger testified. WTF do mean not all sides were heard. Were the Republican congress members in the WH when the events were taking place? You’re complaing because we’re hearing from actual eye witnesses? 😂

Reactions: Bowlmania
“Was” is the most important word in your post.

Most are concerned about the energy, economics, border, and crime problems that are.
Would this not be the case for misdeeds of all ex presidents? Should we pass a carte blanche sovereign immunity to solve this since today's problems are always going to be more pressing than yesterday's?

Reactions: Bowlmania
Plenty of Republicans, including many cabinet members and Trump’’s 2020 campaign manger testified. WTF do mean not all sides were heard. Were the Republican congress members in the WH when the events were taking place? You’re complaing because we’re hearing from actual eye witnesses? 😂
Why not let Republicans determine who will speak for Republicans?

Next year, remember this. You're perfectly fine with Republicans determining what Democrats will testify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT