ADVERTISEMENT

Jan 6 hearings, serious thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please. It's binary -- you chose to support Trump and the other wackos when you decided to drown out discussion of Jan. 6.

Had it not been for Mike Pence (whom I severely dislike) and state Republicans in Georgia (whom I don't care about) Trump would have pulled off his Alex Jones conspiracy/fake electors coup. It would have easily taken 6-8 months to sort out the chaos the Trump big lie theory would have caused if Pence hadn't stepped in (long after Biden's inauguration date built into federal law).

Trump lost. We can't just ignore what he and the others seriously tried to do. You really should stop acting like discussing Jan. 6 interferes with all the other national problems you sorta referred to (without detail), apparently the inner cities, public education, gender and something about race "hogwash" and which clearly existed when the Republicans controlled the White House, the Senate and the House from 2016-20 and still did nothing about it !!

You guys were in charge then, so why did you fail? You couldn't even pass an infrastructure bill. Republicans shouldn't run for office without being prepared to explain why they failed.
"Oh Please" my ass. Pelosi killed everything so as to not give Trump a victory--and she admitted to it.

Take your Alex Jones crap to a place where people pay attention to it. Your view of our Republic must be really pathetic if you think we were any where close to Trump staying in office or a having a coup. That's all hogwash. what Trump said makes no difference--period!

January 6 is old news and totally irrelevant to what Biden is doing to the country every day. But because nobody can live with what Biden is doing, the Democrats are all January 6, only January 6, and will be January 6.

Last edited:
I'm old enough to remember when you didn't believe a damn thing Barr said about the Mueller report.

Yet now, he's a saint.

It's CYA time in DC and Barr is leading the charge. You don't get very high in DC without good CYA skills.
The fact that many of us did not agree with Barr on Mueller gives extra credence to his actions with regards to the Big Lie. He was essentially a Trumper, but even he could see how ridiculous Trump's claims were. Your claim he is engaging in CYA is patently ignorant, since he's the one who went out on a limb and risked Trump's wrath by being honest with him about his false claims of election fraud. He's revealing what he told Trump in 2020/2021, not attempting to revise history...

• Haha
Reactions: tbone6004 and DANC
I watched a lot of it. Nothing but a show trial. There was no cross examination whatsoever.

But that's how you like it - a one sided dog-and-pony show.
So although this makes no sense, since no one is on trial and the people who gave depositions basically answered questions, let's take your point to it's (ill) logical conclusion...

So the point of today was that Trump knew his lies were BS, because all of the people in his cabinet and the folks who served as advisors had repeatedly told him so. Even as despicable a person as Jayson Miller wasn't delusional enough to swallow the nonsense people like Rudy and Sidney Powell were peddling about dominion, and dead voters and every other grift they could get Trump to swallow.

So what's the counter argument- that they're lying and that they all bought into that nonsense and none of them warned him? So when Barr says he told Trump in no uncertain terms it was BS, your argument is that Barr did no such thing and is changing his story to cover his ass?

Did you see how many people in separate depositions brought up that Rudy was drunk on election night and was spouting nonsense and urging Trump to pull that stupid 3am stunt where he claimed victory? You think all of the Trumpers who told the Committee in separate depositions that they warned Trump not to do something so stupid are just lying after the fact? All of them?

You want to have someone "cross-examine" the ex-US Attorney for Northern Georgia Pak (appointed by Trump) who at Barr's request investigated all of the wacky claims being made in GA? What do you think a "cross-examination" would reveal- I knew there was no evidence but I told Trump there was? I mean there were posters on this board posting that ridiculous claim about the "suitcases of ballots", and I remember telling people at the time that had already been debunked. I knew that because it was all over mainstream news, but apparently the people posting it never saw it on any of the sources they rely on for "news"?

I mean hear is Pak's testimony. Are you trying to claim he's lying about what he told Barr/Trump? It's so bizarre that you claim people who told Trump the truth are playing CYA, when in reality they are the ones who exposed themselves to Trump's wrath by telling him the truth he didn't want to accept...

Haha. Yeah that one that was the not guilty verdict. Sure proved a lot.
If you were paying attention, you'd know Hillary ordered the release of a bogus story and that the FBI knew there was no connection between Trump and Russia, but kept up the facade for the next 2 1/2 years of the Mueller 'investigation'.

But that probably taxed your brain to listen to any testimony.

So although this makes no sense, since no one is on trial and the people who gave depositions basically answered questions, let's take your point to it's (ill) logical conclusion...

So the point of today was that Trump knew his lies were BS, because all of the people in his cabinet and the folks who served as advisors had repeatedly told him so. Even as despicable a person as Jayson Miller wasn't delusional enough to swallow the nonsense people like Rudy and Sidney Powell were peddling about dominion, and dead voters and every other grift they could get Trump to swallow.

So what's the counter argument- that they're lying and that they all bought into that nonsense and none of them warned him? So when Barr says he told Trump in no uncertain terms it was BS, your argument is that Barr did no such thing and is changing his story to cover his ass?

Did you see how many people in separate depositions brought up that Rudy was drunk on election night and was spouting nonsense and urging Trump to pull that stupid 3am stunt where he claimed victory? You think all of the Trumpers who told the Committee in separate depositions that they warned Trump not to do something so stupid are just lying after the fact? All of them?

You want to have someone "cross-examine" the ex-US Attorney for Northern Georgia Pak (appointed by Trump) who at Barr's request investigated all of the wacky claims being made in GA? What do you think a "cross-examination" would reveal- I knew there was no evidence but I told Trump there was? I mean there were posters on this board posting that ridiculous claim about the "suitcases of ballots", and I remember telling people at the time that had already been debunked. I knew that because it was all over mainstream news, but apparently the people posting it never saw it on any of the sources they rely on for "news"?

I mean hear is Pak's testimony. Are you trying to claim he's lying about what he told Barr/Trump? It's so bizarre that you claim people who told Trump the truth are playing CYA, when in reality they are the ones who exposed themselves to Trump's wrath by telling him the truth he didn't want to accept...

None of that matters.

The country is falling apart and the Democrats and media are all in on January 6 and drag shows—and not with cars

The Democrats cannot be more irrelevant.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
I am saying most republicans feel they are more in-line with democratic goals and programs then they are with republican goals and programs. Many people feel they campaigned under one set of goals and programs then once elected they supported a contrary set of goals and programs.

I never mentioned election fraud on this issue. That appears to be your hang-up.
It's been established that Cheney in particular voted with Trump 93% of the time, more than McCarthy, McConnel, Stefanik etc... Exactly what "democratic goals and programs" are they in line with?

As for Kinzinger, he is a Lt Colonel and combat veteran pilot in the Air National Guard. He served in both Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as being deployed to the Mexican border with his unit in 2019.

You can be disgusted with Trump and his actions on Jan 6, and still be a Republican. Neither Cheney or Kinzinger voted to Impeach Trump over Ukraine in 2018, but both voted to Impeach him over Jan 6...

If most Republicans feel Cheney and Kinzinger are more in line with "democratic goals and programs" then most Republicans are idiots. I think any of those Republicans would have a hard time pointing to a single vote by either that were more in line with Dem programs than GOP ones. Cheney is running as a GOP Conservative, and Kinzinger is leaving the House. Neither are becoming "Democrats"...

Reactions: UncleMark
None of that matters.

The country is falling apart and the Democrats and media are all in on January 6 and drag shows—and not with cars

Besides the fact that none of that has anything to do with my response to DANC's post...

Strange that the hearings are so irrelevant that Fox did an about face and covered them live today. Since everything they do is driven by ratings concerns, you have to wonder why the sudden shift. I mean if the ratings from Thursday( when Fox got annihilated) played into the nonsense you and mcdanc keep peddling, you'd think Fox would stick to their policy of keeping their audience uninformed...

Besides the fact that none of that has anything to do with my response to DANC's post...

Strange that the hearings are so irrelevant that Fox did an about face and covered them live today. Since everything they do is driven by ratings concerns, you have to wonder why the sudden shift. I mean if the ratings from Thursday( when Fox got annihilated) played into the nonsense you and mcdanc keep peddling, you'd think Fox would stick to their policy of keeping their audience uninformed...

The polls about what voters care about have been posted numerous times. Cheney is down 28 points. You thought she was winning. Throw away all your digital devises. Or apply to be a contestant on Alone. You need a reboot.

• Love
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
Let's see if we can do this, have a thread for serious discussion and commentary on the hearings as they transpire. Farva's thread is still there for the mudslinging.

@TheOriginalHappyGoat , @NPT , @IUJIM , @Cavanagh , can you help keep the shitposting and bomb throwing to a minimum?
Why don't they just indict Trump and get it over with if they have so much evidence. They should be able to convict...... or do they know they are blowing smoke and it'll will show them to be fools. Seems like the right thing to do. If he's guilty then I want him found guilty.

Why don't the just indict Trump and get it over with if they have so much evidence. They should be able to convict...... or do they know they are blowing smoke and it'll will show them to be fools. Seems like the right thing to do. If he's guilty then I want him found guilty.
Because they want a tv show. Anything and everything to distract from the sorry state of the country. What else can they run on at midterms?

I did. He’s intelligent. He’s not the only intelligent person that became a cult member. We have some lefty cult members here too. For example, some of the lefties posting here now also believed that the election in 2004 was stolen in Ohio and some paid lip service to some of the crazy 9/11 conspiracy theories as well.
And don't forget that Gore won in 2000. :)

I can cite the policy/rhetoric both locally and nationally that contributed to every single issue we're facing right now. Your post is a joke
Only the dumb ones are defending Biden now. The others have gone into hiding.

We're dealing with the mentally challenged Dems.

Reactions: Crayfish57
JG48 did a nice job of breaking down their bent. It's not about policy with them. Kinzinger is just nuts. For Cheney it's personal. But who cares. This isn't a legal proceeding. It is what it is. Only hardcore dems get excited watching it. The rest care about things that impact their daily lives. If referrals aren't sent from this it will backfire big time on the Dems. Tone deaf.
Kinzinger is an Air Force vet who flew missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. I've heard him interviewed several times. He sounds intelligent, informed and reasonable. You've repeatedly described him as "nuts." Care to explain?

With respect to Cheney, you indicate that it's "personal." What does that mean? She voted in line with Trump's positions 93% of the time. She has a conservative score from Heritage Action much higher than her replacement as the #3 House Republican, Elise Stefanik.

The difference between Kinzinger/Cheney and guys like McCarthy, McConnell and Graham is that Kinzinger and Cheney have continued to say what the entire Republican congressional leadership was saying about Trump in the days immediately following January 6. They didn't fold like a cheap suit.

Kinzinger is an Air Force vet who flew missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. I've heard him interviewed several times. He sounds intelligent, informed and reasonable. You've repeatedly described him as "nuts." Care to explain?

With respect to Cheney, you indicate that it's "personal." What does that mean? She voted in line with Trump's positions 93% of the time. She has a conservative score from Heritage Action much higher than her replacement as the #3 House Republican, Elise Stefanik.

The difference between Kinzinger/Cheney and guys like McCarthy, McConnell and Graham is that Kinzinger and Cheney have continued to say what the entire Republican congressional leadership was saying about Trump in the days immediately following January 6. They didn't fold like a cheap suit.
I'm not taking the time to find Kinzingers' tweets but he seems nuts. For one he's obsessed with this stupid shit. His own state has enough problems but this is what he's obsessed with. He said we should prepare to send troops to Ukraine among other absurd stuff. His political career is over. It should be. Guy is a far cry from intelligent, informed and reasonable. Unless you advocate troops in Ukraine and Fing with nuclear war. as for Cheney it's personal, nothing to do with voting history. @Jg48 had a nice summation of it. Maybe he'll do it again

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC

Hilarious

You measure relevance by TV coverage? Fox covered Depp v Heard too.

Last edited:
Hilarious

You measure relevance by TV coverage? Fox covered Dep v Heard too.
Very relevant in the sense that contrary to what you all have been saying, it seems a lot of Americans really do care about these hearings. I can recall predictions of record low ratings.

I can’t count how many times I’ve confused the check out person by instantly telling he/she how much change I’m supposed to get back. My daughter can’t figure out a tip without her phone app. It’s very basic math, but kids don’t think they need to learn it. Maybe they don’t, but I’d feel stupid if I couldn’t figure out change or a tip.
And if you want to really confuse them give them a couple pennies so that you get a nickel back rather than 3 pennies. 🤣

None of that matters.

How exactly does your post have anything to do with the topic of this thread? If the thread is about a serious discussion of the hearings, what does you playing Jim Jordan circus clown have to do with a serious discussion?
If you were paying attention, you'd know Hillary ordered the release of a bogus story and that the FBI knew there was no connection between Trump and Russia, but kept up the facade for the next 2 1/2 years of the Mueller 'investigation'.

You have managed to create a false narrative equating the FBI knowing that there was no substance to the singular issue of communications between Trump and Alfa bank with the entire scope of the Mueller Investigation, which btw was initiated by the Republican DOJ more than a year later.

Everything involved in the Sussmann trial was long before the actions Trump took later which initiated the Mueller inquiry, like firing Comey and possibly engaging in obstruction of justice. If there's one thing Mueller establishes beyond a doubt it's that there were numerous interactions between the Trump Campaign and the Russian Govt.

They didn't find a "criminal conspiracy", but they still noted numerous examples which are a matter of record. For example the June 9, 2016 meeting at Trump Tower between Jr and Russian lawyer Natalyia Veselnitskaya...

From the Mueller report...

Rob Goldstone, a British music publicist who helped coordinate the meeting, told Trump Jr. in an email that the "crown prosecutor of Russia” would provide official documents and information that would incriminate Clinton and her connections with Russia as "part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump."

It's unlawful for a political campaign to accept help from a Foreign Govt. The meeting clearly was unlawful, but Mueller declined to prosecute because he felt it would be difficult to PROVE Jr knew his actions were illegal...

But it was still a contact. Jr was breaking the law, he just didn't know it. Or at least Mueller didn't feel he could PROVE that Jr KNEW his conduct was illegal...

Again from the report...

“On the facts here, the government would unlikely be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the June 9 meeting participants had general knowledge that their conduct was unlawful," the report reads. "The investigation has not developed evidence that the participants in the meeting were familiar with the foreign-contribution ban or the application of federal law to the relevant factual context. The government does not have strong evidence of surreptitious behavior or efforts at concealment at the time of the June 9 meeting."

Nope didn’t listen to any of it. Read about it. And ended up just like everyone with a brain ones it would. Proved nothing. But keep trying.

None of that matters.

Drag shows? You listening to Tucket again? It’s not Dems talking about drag shows. It’s Fox and their minions trying to draw attention away from the threat to democracy January 6 was by using their normal ridiculous social ploys. Pedo, groomers, Disney World, trans athletes, drag shows. Zero ideas. Zero solutions. Just bring up stupid make believe social issues to stir up the stupid.

Reactions: mrhighlife
Why don't they just indict Trump and get it over with if they have so much evidence. They should be able to convict...... or do they know they are blowing smoke and it'll will show them to be fools. Seems like the right thing to do. If he's guilty then I want him found guilty.
Lol because the committee doesn’t indict. If you’ve paid attention you know there is plenty of evidence coming all from Republicans.

How exactly does your post have anything to do with the topic of this thread? If the thread is about a serious discussion of the hearings, what does you playing Jim Jordan circus clown have to do with a serious discussion?
Relevance is always relevant.

You have managed to create a false narrative equating the FBI knowing that there was no substance to the singular issue of communications between Trump and Alfa bank with the entire scope of the Mueller Investigation, which btw was initiated by the Republican DOJ more than a year later.

Everything involved in the Sussmann trial was long before the actions Trump took later which initiated the Mueller inquiry, like firing Comey and possibly engaging in obstruction of justice. If there's one thing Mueller establishes beyond a doubt it's that there were numerous interactions between the Trump Campaign and the Russian Govt.

They didn't find a "criminal conspiracy", but they still noted numerous examples which are a matter of record. For example the June 9, 2016 meeting at Trump Tower between Jr and Russian lawyer Natalyia Veselnitskaya...

From the Mueller report...

Rob Goldstone, a British music publicist who helped coordinate the meeting, told Trump Jr. in an email that the "crown prosecutor of Russia” would provide official documents and information that would incriminate Clinton and her connections with Russia as "part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump."

It's unlawful for a political campaign to accept help from a Foreign Govt. The meeting clearly was unlawful, but Mueller declined to prosecute because he felt it would be difficult to PROVE Jr knew his actions were illegal...

But it was still a contact. Jr was breaking the law, he just didn't know it. Or at least Mueller didn't feel he could PROVE that Jr KNEW his conduct was illegal...

Again from the report...

“On the facts here, the government would unlikely be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the June 9 meeting participants had general knowledge that their conduct was unlawful," the report reads. "The investigation has not developed evidence that the participants in the meeting were familiar with the foreign-contribution ban or the application of federal law to the relevant factual context. The government does not have strong evidence of surreptitious behavior or efforts at concealment at the time of the June 9 meeting."
Don’t try to confuse Danc with facts. He gets his info from propaganda like 2,000 Mules, then calls everyone else stupid. You know you’re wasting your time, but I appreciate the effort.

Don’t try to confuse Danc with facts. He gets his info from propaganda like 2,000 Mules, then calls everyone else stupid. You know you’re wasting your time, but I appreciate the effort.
Coming from someone that gets her's from Rolling Stone.

Yes devout Dems. Cosmic watches with a condom on
So Fox doing an about face was to attract those devout Dems? If there are that many of them then your side is in some major trouble. Me thinks most Dems and a lot of conservatives who are not cult members tuned in. These hearings are to expose a huckster, not the Republican Party, unless you think all Republicans are still behind Trump.

The polls about what voters care about have been posted numerous times. Cheney is down 28 points. You thought she was winning. Throw away all your digital devises. Or apply to be a contestant on Alone. You need a reboot.
What has any of this got to do with the topic of this thread-a SERIOUS discussion of the hearings? You and Co are doing your best Jim Jordan circus clown impressions- derailing a topic YOU don't like. Go post your nonsense in the thread MITOF started about the indifference all of you feel to the hearings. It has no place here- this is for a serious discussion of the hearings...

Seems to me Fox getting clobbered in the ratings on Thurs when they ignored the hearings says a lot about where Fox feels the audience is. If ignoring the hearings because nobody cares was a "winning strategy" Fox would have kept ignoring them. The change in plan speaks volumes because if Fox felt they'd attract a huge audience by ignoring what went on today, they'd have continued to do so... Fox hated losing to MSNBC on Thurs and they certainly didn't want a repeat today...

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
So Fox doing an about face was to attract those devout Dems? If there are that many of them then your side is in some major trouble. Me thinks most Dems and a lot of conservatives who are not cult members tuned in. These hearings are to expose a huckster, not the Republican Party, unless you think all Republicans are still behind Trump.
These hearings are personal animus, vendettas, and distractions. Nothing more

Lol because the committee doesn’t indict. If you’ve paid attention you know there is plenty of evidence coming all from Republicans.
No but they could have the attorney general get an indictment. Let the evidence lead to a conviction if there is as much "real" evidence as you let on. I never watch things like that no matter which side is doing the investigation because none of them are interested in anything but politics.

What has any of this got to do with the topic of this thread-a SERIOUS discussion of the hearings? You and Co are doing your best Jim Jordan circus clown impressions- derailing a topic YOU don't like. Go post your nonsense in the thread MITOF started about the indifference all of you feel to the hearings. It has no place here- this is for a serious discussion of the hearings...

Seems to me Fox getting clobbered in the ratings on Thurs when they ignored the hearings says a lot about where Fox feels the audience is. If ignoring the hearings because nobody cares was a "winning strategy" Fox would have kept ignoring them. The change in plan speaks volumes because if Fox felt they'd attract a huge audience by ignoring what went on today, they'd have continued to do so... Fox hated losing to MSNBC on Thurs and they certainly didn't want a repeat today...

Admit that is the topic of the thread; deny the rest. I will respect the thread topic and leave it to you

Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC
Anyone following the Ryan Kelly (R Michigan gov candidate) arrest on Jan 6 charges? Seems that they admitted.... OOPS, our bad. hmmm

Crayfish, you need a new username.

"Crayfish" can no longer step in to save DANC from his own posts. No more credibility.

Did you know DANC recently liked one of my posts that severely criticized him?
No I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT