ADVERTISEMENT

I've been thinking about this

If the Dems could just produce allegations of sexual assault out of thin air, why wouldn't they accuse enough GOPers to flip the Senate?

If the Dems could just produce allegations of sexual assault out of thin air, why wouldn't they accuse enough GOPers to flip the Senate?
It appears Joe and Hack are convinced that's their strategy.

Yes, say "thank you to all, we hear you and we are going onto our vote. I beg you to take your complaints to the proper law enforcement agency so that you can get justice that you deserve, but we are moving on". See if they file charges or not. If he is found guilty from the proper channels' then move to the Impeachment proceedings.

Charges? I doubt that most of these incidents would even be eligible for prosecution after all these years. At least not in a practical sense. I don't know what the statute of limitations are for various crimes in Maryland, but it seems to me that you'd have to file some pretty serious charges, and those would never stick. Being a college douchegbag won't be enough.

Charges? I doubt that most of these incidents would even be eligible for prosecution after all these years. At least not in a practical sense. I don't know what the statute of limitations are for various crimes in Maryland, but it seems to me that you'd have to file some pretty serious charges, and those would never stick. Being a college douchegbag won't be enough.

And that is exactly why they are using this tactic, NOT seeking justice, using these ladies as pawns and because of this, being enablers to stop this type of action by men. All they are doing is continuing this shit to happen, instead of forcing it to me stopped. The Dems are perpetuating that women continue to have to deal with this shit.

Ask yourself this question. Why do you think Trump was adamant about Kavanaugh, even though Mitch told him it would be a difficult one to push through. Sounds like he might have already known about these allegations. There is a reason Trump wanted Kavanaugh , as opposed to all the other conservatives available. Ginsburg is likely to be around longer than Trump.
It might just be as simple as he thought he would be the best Supreme Court judge.

Such a great deterrent..... If you lay on top of a girl at 17, If you streak in front of any girls a17, 35+ years later you may not be appointed to the SC.

Ask yourself this question. Why do you think Trump was adamant about Kavanaugh, even though Mitch told him it would be a difficult one to push through. Sounds like he might have already known about these allegations. There is a reason Trump wanted Kavanaugh , as opposed to all the other conservatives available. Ginsburg is likely to be around longer than Trump.
It might just be as simple as he thought he would be the best Supreme Court judge.
Right. You still don’t know who Trump is, do you? He never tried to hide it. His base just refuses to believe it.

LOL

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F424872%2Fb82ec87d-bac4-41a3-86eb-fc20dc209d53.jpg

Right. You still don’t know who Trump is, do you? He never tried to hide it. His base just refuses to believe it.
Unfortunately, you, like me, have become hyper partisan, and cynical in everything we hear or read. I don't believe anything the left says, and you don't believe anything the right says. It is getting worse, and going to continue to get worse every day. We have now completely ruined a man's career over very sketchy details concerning things that happened 30 years ago. I don't know if he is lying, she is lying, or everyone is lying. But it really doesn't matter, does it. All you have to do is say it, and we all required to believe it to be true.
Forget the details. Just think of the raw power that an uncorroborated story now carries. It has ruined a life, and I am sure it will ruin many more lives in the future, on both sides. Regardless of verification, regardless of party affiliation, regardless of gender, it is just wrong. It is wrong that Feinstein sat on it. It is wrong for an accuser who said she had very little recollection of an event, but after 6 days of reflection (and discussion with her lawyer), she now remembers. Yea, call me cynical, but just not concerning Kavanaugh, but on the entire political process. I am sure you will come back and tell me it is all the GOP's fault, because that is the way you think. But when we are going through this exact same scenario, and the teams are reversed, I will certainly just sit back and laugh, because it is coming.

Such a great deterrent..... If you lay on top of a girl at 17, If you streak in front of any girls a17, 35+ years later you may not be appointed to the SC.

Perhaps I'm missing your point. Lot's of things can't be prosecuted after 35 years. I'm guessing that flashing your willie at someone in a dorm room is among them. Or so my buddy Mike surely hopes.

And that is exactly why they are using this tactic, NOT seeking justice, using these ladies as pawns and because of this, being enablers to stop this type of action by men. All they are doing is continuing this shit to happen, instead of forcing it to me stopped. The Dems are perpetuating that women continue to have to deal with this shit.
Leaving aside your retrograde views about women (lying sluts or mindless bots), if you're not using "ladies" in a hip and ironic way, you probably shouldn't be using it. It's kind of a tell.

Unfortunately, you, like me, have become hyper partisan, and cynical in everything we hear or read. I don't believe anything the left says, and you don't believe anything the right says. It is getting worse, and going to continue to get worse every day. We have now completely ruined a man's career over very sketchy details concerning things that happened 30 years ago. I don't know if he is lying, she is lying, or everyone is lying. But it really doesn't matter, does it. All you have to do is say it, and we all required to believe it to be true.
Forget the details. Just think of the raw power that an uncorroborated story now carries. It has ruined a life, and I am sure it will ruin many more lives in the future, on both sides. Regardless of verification, regardless of party affiliation, regardless of gender, it is just wrong. It is wrong that Feinstein sat on it. It is wrong for an accuser who said she had very little recollection of an event, but after 6 days of reflection (and discussion with her lawyer), she now remembers. Yea, call me cynical, but just not concerning Kavanaugh, but on the entire political process. I am sure you will come back and tell me it is all the GOP's fault, because that is the way you think. But when we are going through this exact same scenario, and the teams are reversed, I will certainly just sit back and laugh, because it is coming.
If it’s ruined a life, it’s hers not his. Has he been in therapy because of this? All it means to him is he doesn’t get a job he wanted, possibly. I held out judgement for quite some time, but always assumed there would be more women coming forward and now they are. So yes, I believe her. I believe the evidence. She told her therapist, she passed a polygraph test, she wants the FBI to investigate. The GOP is not interested in getting to the bottom , or they would be calling for an investigation AND having Judge testify. They are laying all their eggs in the he said, she said. I expect more allegations to come to light before Thursday.

Reactions: Tacoll
Since this person is on ignore, I’ll respond to you. This was Ann Coulter’s take on her twitter tantrum last night. I’m just curious why the lying pussy hat wearers didn’t take this tactic with Gorsuch?
It's because Gorsuch was replacing Scalia. Conservative replacing conservative is a lot different than a conservative replacing a liberal/moderate.

It's because Gorsuch was replacing Scalia. Conservative replacing conservative is a lot different than a conservative replacing a liberal/moderate.
Oh that’s is, is it? I see you still think not one, not two, not three, but four women are now lying? Correct? I suppose since you believe 19 women are lying about Trump, that’s probably the case.

Oh that’s is, is it? I see you still think not one, not two, not three, but four women are now lying? Correct? I suppose since you believe 19 women are lying about Trump, that’s probably the case.
I believe in finding evidence. Could several women lie? Sure they could if they are doing so for political purposes. Don't you find it strange that nobody has ever accused Kavanaugh before now? Bill Clinton has been accused of rape. Did he do it? Well, if the women say he did then he did right?

Well, you could make the case that Gorsuch was really taking Garland's seat. But then again it was only Garland's seat to begin with because the Hillary (or more likely, a henchman of some sort) murdered Scalia at that hunting lodge.

So, no foul.

Lemme get this straight. You think that no matter who was nominated (male), false accusations of sexual misconduct would have been leveled? Is that your position? Fer reals?
Yes... one of two things either sexual assault or racist. Flag this post Mark. The next nominee if there is one will be labeled a Nazi or racist. It’s all they got and they play it all the time.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I believe in finding evidence. Could several women lie? Sure they could if they are doing so for political purposes. Don't you find it strange that nobody has ever accused Kavanaugh before now? Bill Clinton has been accused of rape. Did he do it? Well, if the women say he did then he did right?

Could several women be telling the truth. It sure looks like it...from the evidence.

Flip the Senate? You think this crap would float in Indiana? Nope.

What evidence.... accusations... no evidence
Heah ya go: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...s-in-new-yorker-scoop/?utm_term=.c1842c1ffb99

Stepping back from the Ramirez story, Baquet said of the newspaper’s standards on these sorts of stories: “What we’ve tried to do — and I don’t think anybody can say the New York Times has been shy [about these stories] — is we have tried to show some contemporaneous” corroboration,” he says. “We have tried to have a standard where there’s some independent verification and looking at all the coverage we’ve done, it’s very rarely one person’s word against another’s. We’ve always tried to have something else to back it up, whether the person told someone at the same time, or a settlement.” Again, that was Baquet commenting in general on sexual misconduct stories, not specifically the Ramirez situation.

Last edited:

He wasn’t on his original “judge list” that he produced for the pub base that wasn’t crazy about his nomination.

And then, suddenly he is. Which coincided with the possibility that he or those very close to them was more and more likely to be implicated in the Mueller probe.

Which possible S.C. Justice has a ridiculously large view of presidential powers, including the pardon power and the power to unilaterally do all kinds of things? Oh, that’s right. It’s K.

It could be a coincidence. But why did Trump go with K when he was warned by others (Mitch M) to avoid him? He had the most history to dig through, and therefore the most openings for attack on confirmation.

At this point, Trump has to know that Mueller knows all about his finances and knows what happened re: the campaign and Russia. Even if he doesn’t have all the specifics (likely now w/Cohen, Gates, Flynn and Manafort app turning state’s Evidence), he’s got a damn good idea of the general contours. And everything the man does is self serving, first and foremost.

So while it could be a coincidence, I doubt it is. Trump plays checkers, and doesn’t even play those particularly well. For those paying attention, his behavior and moves are always very transparent. Again, it’s all about Trump. Period.

I’m curious if you really belive that Trump choosing K was simply Trump feeling he was the most qualified. I’d like to hear “the other position”.

Here's the most appalling explanation I've heard for Senate Republicans' insistence that they will roll right through this: The deplorables insist on it.

This might seem like poor political calculus, to move forward with the confirmation of a potentially damaged individual. But Republicans aren’t being irrational. While Democrats are appalled, Republicans are listening to a different drummer: the conservative grassroots. Those voters want their Supreme Court justice confirmed, or else they are threatening to stay home on Election Day — and that really could put the Republican majority at risk.

Evangelicals are maybe the single cohort most loyal to Trump and therefore crucial in midterm elections, which will be a referendum on the president. They were already warning Republicans not to withdraw Kavanaugh or else risk electoral disaster before Ramirez came forward. They don’t sound likely to change course now.

“If Republicans were to fail to defend and confirm such an obviously and eminently qualified and decent nominee,” evangelical leader Ralph Reed told the New York Times last week, “then it will be very difficult to motivate and energize faith-based and conservative voters in November.”

Republicans are favored to hold on to their Senate majority, and possibly increase it, after this year’s elections.

. . . But now that Kavanaugh has been accused of sexual misconduct by at least two women, the conservative base sees a longtime dream of a permanent conservative majority on the nation’s highest court slipping away — and so they are pressuring Republicans to hold firm and confirm him anyway. So far, the GOP is listening.
Kavanaugh's own Federalist Society backers express the political imperative even more apocalyptically:

The rubber is about to meet the road for Senate Republicans. They have a simple choice: they can vote to confirm Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, thereby ending the baseless and unsubstantiated Democrat- and media-fueled smear campaign against him, or they can kiss House and Senate majorities goodbye for the next decade, if not longer.
It seems to me that Republicans spend half their time fulminating against Democrats politicizing the process, and the other half relentlessly politicizing the process. "We want our f#cking justice, we want him f#cking now, and we don't care what any f#cking ladies have to say about it."

That all seems appalling and stupid to me -- particularly with a whole Federalist Society list of right wing judges to choose from -- but then again I'm a liberal, so what do I know?

Last edited:
Yes... one of two things either sexual assault or racist. Flag this post Mark. The next nominee if there is one will be labeled a Nazi or racist. It’s all they got and they play it all the time.
That will most likely be Amy Coney Barrett. We'll see.

Of the circumstantial kind.
“The Times had interviewed several dozen people over the past week in an attempt to corroborate her story, and could find no one with firsthand knowledge. Ms. Ramirez herself contacted former Yale classmates asking if they recalled the incident and told some of them that she could not be certain Mr. Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself.”

Looks like a hit job to me....

Here's the most appalling explanation I've heard for Senate Republicans' insistence that they will roll right through this: The deplorables insist on it.

This might seem like poor political calculus, to move forward with the confirmation of a potentially damaged individual. But Republicans aren’t being irrational. While Democrats are appalled, Republicans are listening to a different drummer: the conservative grassroots. Those voters want their Supreme Court justice confirmed, or else they are threatening to stay home on Election Day — and that really could put the Republican majority at risk.

Evangelicals are maybe the single cohort most loyal to Trump and therefore crucial in midterm elections, which will be a referendum on the president. They were already warning Republicans not to withdraw Kavanaugh or else risk electoral disaster before Ramirez came forward. They don’t sound likely to change course now.

“If Republicans were to fail to defend and confirm such an obviously and eminently qualified and decent nominee,” evangelical leader Ralph Reed told the New York Times last week, “then it will be very difficult to motivate and energize faith-based and conservative voters in November.”

Republicans are favored to hold on to their Senate majority, and possibly increase it, after this year’s elections.

. . . But now that Kavanaugh has been accused of sexual misconduct by at least two women, the conservative base sees a longtime dream of a permanent conservative majority on the nation’s highest court slipping away — and so they are pressuring Republicans to hold firm and confirm him anyway. So far, the GOP is listening.
Kavanaugh's own Federalist Society backers express the political imperative even more apocalyptically:
The rubber is about to meet the road for Senate Republicans. They have a simple choice: they can vote to confirm Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, thereby ending the baseless and unsubstantiated Democrat- and media-fueled smear campaign against him, or they can kiss House and Senate majorities goodbye for the next decade, if not longer.
It seems to me that Republicans spend half their time fulminating against Democrats politicizing the process, and the other half relentlessly politicizing the process. "We want our f#cking justice, we want him f#cking now, and we don't care what any f#cking ladies have to say about it."

That all seems appalling and stupid to me -- particularly with a whole Federalist Society list of right wing judges to choose from -- but then again I'm a liberal, so what do I know?
You mean the Ralph Reed of Jack Abramoff's Indian lobbying scandal?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Abramoff_Indian_lobbying_scandal

You have zero clue about how sexual assault works. Zero. You continually amaze me with your blind ignorance. And your blind support of Trump and his admin. It’s absolutely amazing to see.

You don’t think a person that is getting ready to be elevated to one of be highest rules in our government might not trigger a sense of action? The more these women saw K on tv, the more angry they became. K’a face on TV would certainly be a triggering event for the trauma.

And, “me too” has almost certainly played a role in this. Women have seen other women be brave and speak up. That matters.

So you really think the women just did this because the silent dem machine somehow talked them into doing this? If you do, I’ve got some money tied up in Kenya, and I just need cash to get to it. And once I free up the money, we’ll split it ;). Just make sure I get the seed money first, ok?

You do realize that these women’s lives will never be the same, don’t you? Dr. Ford has been under FBI protection, and her family has had to vacate their home. But you think somehow this was done just to aid the Democratic cause to derail the nomination??

Hint: your assumptions are way off base. Go research it before spouting off talking points. Most rapes-“:attempted rapes go unreported. That’s the facts about sexual assault. Go talk to any counselor/mental health professional that has experience in this area.

And until these’s a triggering event, usually nothing happens. How do you think these women feel by seeing his name all over the news? Don’t you think that might’ve had something to do with them coming forward with their experiences?

*** to be clear, we don’t have a full picture. But we could have a fuller picture. That is, if the senate pubs weren’t trying to ram this through. The integrity of being a SC judge demands it.

I can’t belive some of the things I’m seeing on this board. Ignorance + blind tribalism = ridiculously out of touch positions and posts on this board.

Reactions: HoosierPeach
It's a harsh thing to say, but white evangelicals are the most deplorable of the deplorables. They'll support, excuse, defend, and lie about anything to get what they want. It's no wonder they fall for hucksters like Trump and Reed.

Yes and brown bearded evangelicals blow people up you ignorant fool

You have zero clue about how sexual assault works. Zero. You continually amaze me with your blind ignorance. And your blind support of Trump and his admin. It’s absolutely amazing to see.

You don’t think a person that is getting ready to be elevated to one of be highest rules in our government might not trigger a sense of action? The more these women saw K on tv, the more angry they became. K’a face on TV would certainly be a triggering event for the trauma.

And, “me too” has almost certainly played a role in this. Women have seen other women be brave and speak up. That matters.

So you really think the women just did this because the silent dem machine somehow talked them into doing this? If you do, I’ve got some money tied up in Kenya, and I just need cash to get to it. And once I free up the money, we’ll split it ;). Just make sure I get the seed money first, ok?

You do realize that these women’s lives will never be the same, don’t you? Dr. Ford has been under FBI protection, and her family has had to vacate their home. But you think somehow this was done just to aid the Democratic cause to derail the nomination??

Hint: your assumptions are way off base. Go research it before spouting off talking points. Most rapes-“:attempted rapes go unreported. That’s the facts about sexual assault. Go talk to any counselor/mental health professional that has experience in this area.

And until these’s a triggering event, usually nothing happens. How do you think these women feel by seeing his name all over the news? Don’t you think that might’ve had something to do with them coming forward with their experiences?

*** to be clear, we don’t have a full picture. But we could have a fuller picture. That is, if the senate pubs weren’t trying to ram this through. The integrity of being a SC judge demands it.

I can’t belive some of the things I’m seeing on this board. Ignorance + blind tribalism = ridiculously out of touch positions and posts on this board.

Can you imagine if a member of VPM's congregation came to him for spiritual counseling in regards to a long-passed, unreported sexual assault?

VPM: "Gee, I would like to help you, but I can't even believe you because you have no evidence. You should have reported this when it happened. Only then would I feel right in comforting you. You need to go now, before word of this gets out, and the poor fellow's name is tarnished. Have you learned nothing from Star Trek: The Next Generation?

Reactions: hoosboot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT