ADVERTISEMENT

I've been thinking about this

Rockfish1

Hall of Famer
Sep 2, 2001
And if I were a Republican I'd be f#cking furious about the emerging Kavanaugh problem. I try to be a pretty rational guy, but I'd still be fuming. Because there it is in Kavanaugh -- the personification of the decades' long drive to solidify a right wing majority for at least a generation. And right on cue here are the evil Democrats to steal my precious. If I were one of you guys, I'd be steamed about this.

But I hope that if I were one of you, I'd remember that there's a whole long Federalist Society list of right wing judges, many of whom will not at any point in their lives ever be accused of sexual assault. Right wingers Trump would happily appoint and Senate Republicans would happily confirm. Perhaps another from the Federalist Society list wouldn't be the most unpopular choice in polling history, like Kavanaugh is now.

Meanwhile, maybe when we're facing a blue wave wearing a pussy hat isn't the best time to cement the perception among American women that Republicans are a bunch of retrograde assholes. So this entire debate has emerged on the worst possible grounds at the worst possible time. Maybe there are better fights to pick. Tax Cuts? Hello? Tax cuts? (Or maybe not.)

But then again, I'm a liberal, so there's no reason for Republicans to take my advice. Have fun storming the castle.

But I hope that if I were one of you, I'd remember that there's a whole long Federalist Society list of right wing judges, many of whom will not at any point in their lives ever be accused of sexual assault. Right wingers Trump would happily appoint and Senate Republicans would happily confirm. Perhaps another from the Federalist Society list wouldn't be the most unpopular choice in polling history, like Kavanaugh is now.

I wouldn't be so sure about this. Looking at Thomas/ Hill and now BK. I think we get the picture that plenty of women can be prompted to come forward and get their 15 minutes.

It seems to be the go to Democratic tactic on these nominations.

Reactions: Lucy01
I wouldn't be so sure about this. Looking at Thomas/ Hill and now BK. I think we get the picture that plenty of women can be prompted to come forward and get their 15 minutes.

Those lying sluts will say anything!

I encourage you to share this point of view with everyone you know. Maybe billboards.

And if I were a Republican I'd be f#cking furious about the emerging Kavanaugh problem. I try to be a pretty rational guy, but I'd still be fuming. Because there it is in Kavanaugh -- the personification of the decades' long drive to solidify a right wing majority for at least a generation. And right on cue here are the evil Democrats to steal my precious. If I were one of you guys, I'd be steamed about this.

Meanwhile, maybe when we're facing a blue wave wearing a pussy hat isn't the best time to cement the perception among American women that Republicans are a bunch of retrograde assholes. So this entire debate has emerged on the worst possible grounds at the worst possible time. Maybe there are better fights to pick. Tax Cuts? Hello? Tax cuts? (Or maybe not.)

But then again, I'm a liberal, so there's no reason for Republicans to take my advice. Have fun storming the castle.
It's a mess for sure.

As what might be a sidenote, I have a growing sense that regardless of any specifics around the allegations against him, Kavanaugh is "of" Georgetown Prep. That's not a disqualifier, but just as that world is foreign to me, I suspect that what strikes me as powerful elitism (and privilege and teflon a--holery) makes my world foreign (and uninteresting) to Kavanaugh. (The campy article about his attractive clerks reinforces that notion). That's not ideal if so. But also maybe totally unfair.

Reactions: Rockfish1
Well apparently Kav is smart enough to only attack Democrat women. So do we really lose any votes? Look in the mirror.

Reactions: meridian
While I understand Kavanaugh's desire to fight, for pride/professional aspirations/self preservation/whatever, I don't understand the Right's desire to stand by him. Not after the last round of stories anyway. As the OP points out, there are other pickles in the barrel, why settle for the malformed one?

I suspect that it comes down to The Game. Pulling Kavanaugh means the Left wins this one. And politics is about winning regardless of the result.

It's a mess for sure.

As what might be a sidenote, I have a growing sense that regardless of any specifics around the allegations against him, Kavanaugh is "of" Georgetown Prep. That's not a disqualifier, but just as that world is foreign to me, I suspect that what strikes me as powerful elitism (and privilege and teflon a--holery) makes my world foreign (and uninteresting) to Kavanaugh. (The campy article about his attractive clerks reinforces that notion). That's not ideal if so. But also maybe totally unfair.

Jane Mayer was just interviewed on Morning Joe. As a footnote to the Ramirez story in The New Yorker, she related a call she got from Mark Judge's one time girl friend Elisabeth Rasor, who dated him after Georgetown Prep...

I found her account of it pretty striking. She said Rasor called her out of the blue and said she had to "correct the record" based on what Mark Judge was saying about the innocent nature of the "Georgetown Prep culture".

She then recounted Judge bragging to her about the times he was part of groups of guys who purposely got girls drunk and then took advantage of them.. She even noted that he told her their concoction of choice was grain alcohol and Hawaiian Punch... She's a teacher, and you have to believe she didn't take the choice to interject herself in the midst of this political bonfire lightly...

Reactions: baileyiu
These women are lairs, Completely fabricated stories, If something happened to me I would go to law enforcement first. But hey the cause justifies the means.:(

Reactions: herrli
Lucy, ain't nobody gonna try to get you drunk so's they can take advantage of you.

Well . . . except Trump. And we're doing out damnedest to get law enforcement to do something about that . . . . ;)
It’s going to be proved that the FBI tried to influence the election,Not the Russians.

Those lying sluts will say anything!

I encourage you to share this point of view with everyone you know. Maybe billboards.
Since this person is on ignore, I’ll respond to you. This was Ann Coulter’s take on her twitter tantrum last night. I’m just curious why the lying pussy hat wearers didn’t take this tactic with Gorsuch?

Last edited:
As what might be a sidenote, I have a growing sense that regardless of any specifics around the allegations against him, Kavanaugh is "of" Georgetown Prep.
One segment, likely a minority, is somehow enabled by it, is my suspicion.

By the way, as a follow up to my earlier post, isn't this Sheldon Whitehouse speech/questioning relevant on that topic? Are those all really conservative interests? Many seem to automatically conflate Republican and conservative these days, but is that really accurate?

Reactions: iu_a_att
You are talking about the people who voted for and elected Donald Trump. Compared to him, Mr. K is an angel.:(
[/QUOTE]

This is exactly right.

@Rockfish1 you are living in a liberal bubble. Find me a Trump voter/supporter, who is opposed to Kavanaugh as a result of these allegations. I don't believe they exist. There is no positive or negative impact whether or not they ram through K. It's all baked in. It would take allegations of pedophilia or homosexual behavior for republican voters to turn against Kavanaugh.

D9wHby5.jpg

It certainly seems like it's going to be a political negative in the short-term. Long-term it's going to turn off a lot of women. The only way I see it helping the GOP is *maybe* if they force Kavanaugh to a vote and he goes down, it might gin up their base turnout a bit in November.

This is exactly right.

@Rockfish1 you are living in a liberal bubble. Find me a Trump voter/supporter, who is opposed to Kavanaugh as a result of these allegations. I don't believe they exist. There is no positive or negative impact whether or not they ram through K. It's all baked in. It would take allegations of pedophilia or homosexual behavior for republican voters to turn against Kavanaugh.[/QUOTE]

I say give it 4-9 days. There will be a story pop up of BK having accosted an 11 yr old girl 4 years ago. That girl will have passed away from some chronic illness, but told Kamala Harris about it right before passing. FBI will have no choice but to investigate.

There will be a story pop up of BK having accosted an 11 yr old girl 4 years ago. That girl will have passed away from some chronic illness, but told Kamala Harris about it right before passing. FBI will have no choice but to investigate.
Joe, you seem honestly surprised about these allegations. Yet any due diligence on Kavanaugh would have revealed these concerns since his nomination became public in July. According to reporting on CBS former Yale classmates of K had been on email chains about these new allegations since July. It must have been that the White House and the GOP knew about this stuff and went ahead anyway. The GOP base like yourself is being systematically "stoogified" by Trump and the GOP. Just tell the GOP and the White House to get a new nominee and let them know you don't have to put up with their BS claims that you have to support cretins and cretinism in order to get the policy you want.

Farrow says the evidence in this case exceeds other cases he has reported and found credible

https://mont.thesentinel.com/2018/09/24/supreme-court-nominee-kavanaugh-faces-more-allegations/

Number 4???

The Montgomery County Sentinel said:
Montgomery County investigators confirmed Monday they’re aware of a potential second sexual assault complaint in the county against former Georgetown Prep student and Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

While investigators weren’t specific and spoke on background, they said they are looking at allegations against Kavanaugh during his senior year in high school after an anonymous witness came forward this weekend.

This would potentially bring the number to four women accusing Kavanaugh of wrongdoing and comes after Deborah Ramirez, a former Yale college student, stepped forward this weekend to accuse Kavanaugh of exposing himself to her in college, and after attorney Michael Avenatti tweeted out a message saying he represents a woman with “credible information regarding Judge Kavanaugh and Mark Judge.”

Joe, you seem honestly surprised about these allegations. Yet any due diligence on Kavanaugh would have revealed these concerns since his nomination became public in July. According to reporting on CBS former Yale classmates of K had been on email chains about these new allegations since July. It must have been that the White House and the GOP knew about this stuff and went ahead anyway. The GOP base like yourself is being systematically "stoogified" by Trump and the GOP. Just tell the GOP and the White House to get a new nominee and let them know you don't have to put up with their BS claims that you have to support cretins and cretinism in order to get the policy you want.
I see good old Joe is still attacking the women. I’d be willing to bet he doesn’t believe any of the 19 women that claimed Trump attacked them either. What does it say about a man who attacks women again, who have already been sexually abused? I’m not sure, but I don’t think it’s a very positive character trait. I have numerous books and articles I could refer people like him to, but pretty certain it would just be ignored.

Sounds like Kellyanne is not even denying. “ I just don’t think one man’s shoulders should bare decades of the Me Too movement. “ Wow.

I see good old Joe is still attacking the women. I’d be willing to bet he doesn’t believe any of the 19 women that claimed Trump attacked them either. What does it say about a man who attacks women again, who have already been sexually abused? I’m not sure, but I don’t think it’s a very positive character trait. I have numerous books and articles I could refer people like him to, but pretty certain it would just be ignored.
Joe believes that all this stuff is just coming up now. But it is much more likely that Trump and the GOP have known about this kind of stuff all along and Trump went with Kavanaugh anyway. Allegations like these against Kavanaugh help innoculate Trump from similar and worse allegations by getting the GOP base to circle the wagons and think all such allegations are simply "politics". This is part and parcel of Trumps plan to stoogify the GOP...it seems it is working big time.

Joe believes that all this stuff is just coming up now. But it is much more likely that Trump and the GOP have known about this kind of stuff all along and Trump went with Kavanaugh anyway. Allegations like these against Kavanaugh help innoculate Trump from similar and worse allegations by getting the GOP base to circle the wagons and think all such allegations are simply "politics". This is part and parcel of Trumps plan to stoogify the GOP...it seems it is working big time.
Mitch told Trump Kavanaugh would be a tough sell, so it’s likely that he knew about some of this stuff all along. Maybe people might want to think about why Trump was adamant about putting him up anyway? The GOP definitely knew about it last week, which is why they were adamant about voting Monday. I’d think that would make people angry. But I guess not.

So, you really believe Hill and Dr. Ford are lying? And they altered their lives permanently by bringing up the allegations? You don’t think that maybe as the confirmation got closer, they got more pissed off, and decided to come out?

So the Dems have operatives that just run around and dig women up w/allegations?

Because that’s exactly what you just said.

I’d suggest you go educate yourself on sexual assault, and how accusers deal with it after the assault.

Wow. Just wow.

Reactions: HoosierPeach
Regardless, the Republicans have a long list. Get all the BS stuff out of the way on Kav then push through the next before the midterms.

Trump will come out swinging and doubling down. That’s what he does. We will have the majority regardless of this but I’m certain that if Ginsburg needs replaced on his watch it will be with another conservative for sure now.

I think all of this is telling and I think that is what Trump sees also. I look for Rosenstein and Sessions to be removed also. It’s a zero sum game at this point.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Regardless, the Republicans have a long list. Get all the BS stuff out of the way on Kav then push through the next before the midterms.

Trump will come out swinging and doubling down. That’s what he does. We will have the majority regardless of this but I’m certain that if Ginsburg needs replaced on his watch it will be with another conservative for sure now.

I think all of this is telling and I think that is what Trump sees also. I look for Rosenstein and Sessions to be removed also. It’s a zero sum game at this point.
Ask yourself this question. Why do you think Trump was adamant about Kavanaugh, even though Mitch told him it would be a difficult one to push through. Sounds like he might have already known about these allegations. There is a reason Trump wanted Kavanaugh , as opposed to all the other conservatives available. Ginsburg is likely to be around longer than Trump.

Ask yourself this question. Why do you think Trump was adamant about Kavanaugh, even though Mitch told him it would be a difficult one to push through. Sounds like he might have already known about these allegations. There is a reason Trump wanted Kavanaugh , as opposed to all the other conservatives available. Ginsburg is likely to be around longer than Trump.

If it was needed to run one through to get it out of their system then fine, it was the right call. I’m fine with it if that was the strategy. Yes, Ginsburg is a picture of energy and health.

images
ginsburgsnoozing.jpg
While hearing a case for crying out loud

If it was needed to run one through to get it out of their system then fine, it was the right call. I’m fine with it if that was the strategy. Yes, Ginsburg is a picture of energy and health.

images
ginsburgsnoozing.jpg
While hearing a case for crying out loud
I’ll spare you from sending pictures of your obese, lunatic moron in chief. What was the right call?

What you meant to say is try to ram through a nominate of a Supreme Court Justice, even though they knew he had sexual abuse allegations against him, right?
No.... I think regardless of who the nominee was off the list, we would have sexual allegations levied. Yes I think they are false. Let them fire their bullets then run the next one up.

Take the court and go on the attack. Best defense is a good offense. It’s where we are. So be it.

What you meant to say is try to ram through a nominate of a Supreme Court Justice, even though they knew he had sexual abuse allegations against him, right?
No.... I think regardless of who the nominee was off the list, we would have sexual allegations levied. Yes I think they are false. Let them fire their bullets then run the next one up.

Take the court and go on the attack. Best defense is a good offense. It’s where we are. So be it.
Lol. Can you explain why there were no accusations against Gorsuch? I suppose you think all of Trump’s 19 allegations are false too? You may need therapy.

Yes, say "thank you to all, we hear you and we are going onto our vote. I beg you to take your complaints to the proper law enforcement agency so that you can get justice that you deserve, but we are moving on". See if they file charges or not. If he is found guilty from the proper channels' then move to the Impeachment proceedings.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
No.... I think regardless of who the nominee was off the list, we would have sexual allegations levied. Yes I think they are false.
Lemme get this straight. You think that no matter who was nominated (male), false accusations of sexual misconduct would have been leveled? Is that your position? Fer reals?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT