ADVERTISEMENT

IU-UNC pregame chatter

I think itll be a tough game no matter what UNCs recently been through this past week! We just need to come out of tomorrow with a W to help our tourny resume! IU just cant come out looking too sluggish and bricking every shot they throw up! We definitely need to see goodX to show up instead of badX, especially on the defensive end! Our home crowd should help take care of the rest!
Game will come down to our guard play and ability to hit open looks. The backcourt at UNC is as strong as any in the country. It will be interesting to see how Fino does against guards of this caliber. Make no mistake. How our guards shoot and the teams ability to make open outside shots will determine the outcome of this game.

Reactions: IUgradman
Have been impressed with X’s shot as he is making more than last yr. Fino I think is pressing a bit but hopefully his shot will fall sooner than later. Will be interesting to see if Tamar can keep his hot hand from last game going and it seem like Miller is coming around nicely

Reactions: mohoosier
damn this game lost a lot of its shine over the past few days. Bacot foot issue might cause him to sit this game out. This same issue flared last year and the more he played through it, the worse it got. So neither team goes into this game in good health.
On a positive note, that IU road win at Xavier suddenly looks much more impressive.
My thoughts on key(s) to this game- a moderately healthy/mobile TDJ, and X/JHS staying out of early foul trouble, since they'll have their hands full in the backcourt. I can also see Malik getting some really big minutes in this game. How tired will UNC be? That's all I heard after we laid the egg vs St Mary's last March.
Crazy when the season started, I don't think anyone would have thought IU might be the higher-ranked team when the game began. Today's new AP poll should be interesting.
Rebounding will also be huge...we've been giving up a decent amount of offensive rebounds against weaker teams, and Bacot (assuming he can play) is a vacuum cleaner on the boards.
The Xavier win isn’t what everybody thought it was. They are at 4-3 and look every bit of average.

You should just get “Purdue Fluffer” tattooed across your forehead. Why hide it at this point anymore?
I don’t own a pair of crimson colored glasses like the rest of you.
We are better than last year, no doubt….but not good enough to leap from 9th place to 1st place. That’s what everyone here is banking on, no? Best team in the conference, right?
Oh, what’s that? Now that fans have seen other Big Ten teams play, aren’t so certain? You got that right….I’m holding off on that poster’s claim that we need to start buying airline tickets for the Final 4.

We are better than last year, no doubt….but not good enough to leap from 9th place to 1st place. That’s what everyone here is banking on, no? Best team in the conference, right?
Oh, what’s that? Now that fans have seen other Big Ten teams play, aren’t so certain? You got that right….I’m holding off on that poster’s claim that we need to start buying airline tickets for the Final 4.
Who is better than us?

We’re three weeks into the season for crying out loud. Based on what I’ve seen (Minnesota only team I haven’t watched) this IU team is absolutely “good enough” to win the B10. But so are a few others. You don’t need to own a pair of any colored glasses to see that.

It’d be foolish for a fan of any team to start buying F4 tickets right now. Those morons to the north thought they had won it all last year around this time after beating UNC and Nova and found themselves ranked #1 for the first time in program history and accomplished exactly nothing from there on out.

Lol you are dumb as shit.
Shit is beyond dumb - it's brainless, although saying so just doesn't have quite the same ring to it. 🍏

Here's a scenario: neither Bacot or TJD play. For good measure Malik sits as well (because there's nothing like a chronic injury to screw up a Season) and IU is forced to gut this one out. Can't say I wouldn't like to see it though JG would probably end up fouling out .

Shit is beyond dumb - it's brainless, although saying so just doesn't have quite the same ring to it. 🍏

Here's a scenario: neither Bacot or TJD play. For good measure Malik sits as well (because there's nothing like a chronic injury to screw up a Season) and IU is forced to gut this one out. Can't say I wouldn't like to see it though JG would probably end up fouling out .
I bet everyone on both teams play.

I would be shocked if IU doesn't win, NC doesn't look good, they will be missing an important player, and they look lost on offense early in the season. IU win would probably knock them out of the rankings next week.

Reactions: .Gerdis
I would be shocked if IU doesn't win, NC doesn't look good, they will be missing an important player, and they look lost on offense early in the season. IU win would probably knock them out of the rankings next week.
I don't think any decision has been made on Bacot's status, or Black's, nor TJD or even Galloway on our team; although the chatter I have heard is that Galloway may be another longer term thing. I expect TJD is going to try and play but it sounds like he wasn't 100% for Jackson St.

They're not that good when they're rested and healthy. Let alone in this condition. They have reverted to the team they were for 90% of last season. This should be a beatdown.
Yeah, but when Love is healthy, and he is, he can go nuts and take over a game easily. He maybe Jordan-lite, but he can do that. Let's not forget they blew the NC game. They had it won at the half, so that's how good they can be when they're on

Woody said on the Monday radio show that Trey practiced on Monday and everyone will be available to play on Wednesday

Reactions: Cavanagh
Yeah, but when Love is healthy, and he is, he can go nuts and take over a game easily. He maybe Jordan-lite, but he can do that. Let's not forget they blew the NC game. They had it won at the half, so that's how good they can be when they're on
Or shoot them out of a game.

Love needed 36 shots to score 34 points on Sunday.

Woody said on the Monday radio show that Trey practiced on Monday and everyone will be available to play on Wednesday
Good to hear but really do not want to see Trayce (or Malik) wincing and clutching/massaging his lower back during the game. Trust Garl & Co. are wise enough by now to understand that 'playing through it' and healing aren't necessarily the same thing. IU needs its big men to be at 100%.

Reactions: mohoosier
Good to hear but really do not want to see Trayce (or Malik) wincing and clutching/massaging his lower back during the game. Trust Garl & Co. are wise enough by now to understand that 'playing through it' and healing aren't necessarily the same thing. IU needs its big men to be at 100%.
That was my question in the Jackson St game - why is Trayce playing? Was he simply playing through a sore muscle or Woody felt he needed him out there?

Fine line but as you say, we need TJD and MR as near to 100% as possible.

That really sucks. We’ve all had the ole nagging back injury and the only thing that heals it most of the time is rest and time.
True, but at least the game is at home, as traveling (sitting on a plane, bus, car, etc.) is not good for a lower back injury.

Some great early season games so far. It's going to be an incredible season of college basketball.

UNC and IU may come down to who is better at "next man up". We've talked about IU's depth and they will get their chance to prove their worth again. UNC is typically known for their depth but so far this season it's been starters playing big minutes and a very short bench. Advantage IU.

To this point UNC makes IU's three point shooting look incredible based on percentages. Will that continue? But like others mentioned, rebounding is likely the difference. Turnovers being the wild card.

I'd consider this a measurement game unless TJD is not able to go or UNC is down Bacot and/or Black. That changes how this game is viewed. Still, you want to win this one on your home court.

Did you used to do play by play and have your own radio show until your bat sh!t crazy rantings cost you your job(s)? Sure seems like it.

I don't think any decision has been made on Bacot's status, or Black's, nor TJD or even Galloway on our team; although the chatter I have heard is that Galloway may be another longer term thing. I expect TJD is going to try and play but it sounds like he wasn't 100% for Jackson St.
What exactly is the injury to TJD? And what is Trey's?
Finally, is Malik ok from the fall to his left low back/butt?

What exactly is the injury to TJD? And what is Trey's?
Finally, is Malik ok from the fall to his left low back/butt?
well, it's IU, so officially you'll be lucky to hear they have any injury and if they follow past protocol they'll never say if they are injured, and if so, what it is or how long it might be until they could play again. UNC? Bacot has a foot injury and Leaky Black sprained an ankle last game... Oh snap, now I've gone and released their medical records on the interwebz and ruined their life and future employment prospects. Hope they survive!

Or shoot them out of a game.

Love needed 36 shots to score 34 points on Sunday.
And they lost by 2 in 4 OT with injuries, let's say he goes for 38 against us, does that make you feel comfortable? That kid can go nuts and I'm shocked he's not already pro

And they lost by 2 in 4 OT with injuries, let's say he goes for 38 against us, does that make you feel comfortable? That kid can go nuts and I'm shocked he's not already pro
If he needs 36 shots to do it I'd welcome it.

Reactions: kkott
Saw UNC bus in town today. Thought they would fly. That's a 10+ hour drive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT