ADVERTISEMENT

Three Point Shooting Since Harvard

Middawg

Sophomore
Feb 24, 2020
We can agree three point shooting in the first five games wasn't very good, this post is not about beating that dead horse.

So I wanted to look at three point shooting from the most recent eight games going back to Harvard on 11/26. This includes 4 games against power 6 opponents, and 4 against mid-major opponents.

As you might recall, in the Harvard game, three three pointers were reviewed back to two's because of toes on the line.

So in the spirit of evaluating the outside shooting, I'm including those as essentially threes attempted and threes made in the below stats as that anomaly doesn't alter the overall story.

- In total the Hoosiers are 47/124 for 38% over the eight game span.

- The average and median per game makes and attempts over those eight games is right around 6/16.

- I agree with the efficiency notion that if the team is making threes at a good clip, the team needs to be shooting more threes.

- To me, it's wholly plausible for this IU team to get up 20-22 attempts, and make 8-10 a game as they continue to improve creating open looks and knocking down those open looks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT