ADVERTISEMENT

IU/Michigan Prediction Thread

Defense reverts back to form of early season, however so does the offense when we aren't playing the worst defense in the B1G. Hammer the under, UM 23 - IU 12

Reactions: vesuvius13
I hope we see a lot of new faces rotating in. My prediction is that McCulley gets hurt on one of many quarterback draws and a walk-on quarterback finishes the game. Unfortunately he only knows a handful of plays and has no chance to run an effective offense. Can’t pick a score because I can’t predict when the quarterback is going to be injured.

I sure hope I am wrong but I have absolutely no idea how good or bad things are this year. The same can be said about Hoosier opponents, other than Ohio State and the season is more than halfway over. Michigan could be a world beater or they could be a dud. We get another piece of the puzzle tomorrow.

Last edited:
IU OL play improves but doesn’t show as good as week before vs. better front seven.
- We didn’t start the same line
IU Still breaks the rushing yards century mark to keep Mich. D honest.
- 107 yds rushing after losing #5. QB was leading rusher. Punted 8 times. Under 200 yds OMG
Mich. Defense tries to take away Hendershot (who takes multiple snaps at x), and Fryfogle gets more targets.
- Hendershot set up one TD we could have seed more from them both. Looks like our 2nd and 3rd TEs are better than our 3rd WR.
IU Stuffs at least one 4th and short when Michigan wants TDs instead of FGs.
- Mich didn’t need to take any 4th down chances. IU Did better on FG v. TDs in red zone. 3rd down efficiency OK
IU run defense holds down YPC. … and makes McNamara try to beat zone coverages … but secondary does not return to level of play v. MSU.
- gave up too many big plays that led to scores

Michigan 31
IU 20

Last edited:
Reactions: So.In.Hoosier95
IU 27 Michigan 24. Not impressed with the wolverines. Hoosiers have under performed all year. I feel this one is right.

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman
This is embarrassing...

31-28 IU Just because no one else will take a chance. Why even have this thread...pathetic...

This is embarrassing...

31-28 IU Just because no one else will take a chance. Why even have this thread...pathetic...
Prediction threads have been a weekly, in-season feature on this board since I've been here. I guess I didn't get the memo that they should only appear when most people believe IU is going to win.

No fan of a team takes pleasure in predicting a loss. In situations like that, I always hope I end up being wrong. But threads and posters cease to have any value or credibility if it's all just rah-rah stuff with no basis in reality.

We're a 3 touchdown dog today, on the road against a Top 10 team. We've got an offense that struggles to score points, a defense that appears to be regressing, and a team that's been decimated by injuries. If we were to win today, it would be a shocking upset that no one, including you, saw coming.

Prediction threads have been a weekly, in-season feature on this board since I've been here. I guess I didn't get the memo that they should only appear when most people believe IU is going to win.

No fan of a team takes pleasure in predicting a loss. In situations like that, I always hope I end up being wrong. But threads and posters cease to have any value or credibility if it's all just rah-rah stuff with no basis in reality.

We're a 3 touchdown dog today, on the road against a Top 10 team. We've got an offense that struggles to score points, a defense that appears to be regressing, and a team that's been decimated by injuries. If we were to win today, it would be a shocking upset that no one, including you, saw coming.
I do not care a tinker's damn about your opinion....

And like PSU was, it’s a revenge game for MICH. And we saw how PSU went for us.

I do not see us scoring more than 10, unless it is 50-3 with 20 minutes to go. We could get 10-14 late in that setting.
Bottom line, it looks like we in general expect a loss

I'm not one of those ..Allen has lost the team guy's..
It's just we're not that good...If everything was wonderful...IU is a 6 or 7 win team..
Michigan 28
IU 17

Reactions: TomEric4756
This is embarrassing...

Did tonight answer your question about why few of us took a chance? :)

You know, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's actually a Hoosier (since the Ducks wouldn't be 2-7). ;)

Reactions: Orbit7958
I do not care a tinker's damn about your opinion....
Go back and look, a lot of us pick who we think will actually win and don't just predict an IU win 100 percent of the time. Just picking Indiana 'to not be a bad fan' is more pointless than discussing reality as it actually exists. But thanks for coming on here and trashing a long-standing tradition, we appreciate it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT