ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State/IU Prediction Thread

I just read that MSU averages only 13 points per game. Puts them worse than 300 (out of maybe 330 football schools?).
If they score much on us it will be very telling re Allen’s defensive coaching prowess.
I don’t know how many points we can put up but you would like to think enough to clear 13.

I just read that MSU averages only 13 points per game. Puts them worse than 300 (out of maybe 330 football schools?).
If they score much on us it will be very telling re Allen’s defensive coaching prowess.
I don’t know how many points we can put up but you would like to think enough to clear 13.
I wouldn't worry too much about whether or not MSU exceeds their 13 ppg average. Let's just get the win.

Take a shot at a score prediction.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Indiana 24
Michigan 20.

Brass spitoon is accidentally left on the playing field overnight.

Call it the John Paddock/Illinois hangover effect. Hoosiers come out listless and lay an egg:

MSU 21
Indiana 7

They did put up more points against Rutgers than we did. Agree they have been really bad against good defenses, but, based on last week, I'm pretty sure we are not one of those types of teams. I don't have an exact prediction but I am guessing both team in the 20s.

You may well be right. Plus the HC distraction, players thinking about the transfer portal, interim HC, etc.
Seems like even a below .500 team should beat them.

We gave up 507 yards passing to a backup QB last week! I'm expecting the MSU staff will outcoach us and better prepare their team. The MSU offense wakes up and we still look confused on D.

MSU 38 IU 24

Reactions: GeddyHoosier
IU 33
EL 10
I suspect sparks flew into the D this week which lights the fire.
Continued progress, growth and production for the offense. Sorsby wears the Spittoon with pride to the press conference after the horn.
POTMFB!

Last edited:
Reactions: midwolfe
MsU usually buys a ref for our matchup.
It will be interesting to see if they bother when they're 3-7...

If a ref is involved: MsU 20 - INDIANA 17

Played straight: INDIANA 23 - MsU 13

MSU’s overwhelming advantage in assistant coaching salaries pays off with a blocked punt TD that gives Spartans a 7-6 victory in the Bad Buyout Bowl & secures B1G basement for hoosiers.

MsU usually buys a ref for our matchup.
It will be interesting to see if they bother when they're 3-7...

If a ref is involved: MsU 20 - INDIANA 17

Played straight: INDIANA 23 - MsU 13
They usually buy a ref? Do tell . . .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT