ADVERTISEMENT

IU/Michigan Prediction Thread

Indiana 20
Michigan 31

I'll again stick with my preseason prediction. I was right about IU having crowned a starter but I had hoped that the results from them had been a lot more consistent. Hoping that bye week and change of OC has invigorated this team that they'll be able to move the ball and look like easily the best team UM has played. Michigan scored 30 against East Carolina, 35 against UNLV, and 31 against both Bowling Green and Rutgers (although they blew the doors off Nebraska and Minnesota) so I don't think holding them to low 30s is out of the question, especially if the defense minimizes big plays.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Indiana 20
Michigan 31

I'll again stick with my preseason prediction. I was right about IU having crowned a starter but I had hoped that the results from them had been a lot more consistent. Hoping that bye week and change of OC has invigorated this team that they'll be able to move the ball and look like easily the best team UM has played. Michigan scored 30 against East Carolina, 35 against UNLV, and 31 against both Bowling Green and Rutgers (although they blew the doors off Nebraska and Minnesota) so I don't think holding them to low 30s is out of the question, especially if the defense minimizes big plays.

I think IU may cover the spread, but I'll be stunned if you anywhere close to 20 points.

Weather will hold the score down for Michigan, and could help you with a short field or something.

I see something like 31-6.

Reactions: kazooblue
I predict an uncomfortably cool and wet seat at the top of the Big House visitor's section.

I also predict a fat middle aged man & his 9 yr old with their chests painted for IU at the request of said 9-year-old in those seats.

I finally predict a stern talking to by a middle aged woman directed at her fat husband once she finds out.

Weather is windy and wet. Anticipate plenty of turnovers. Michigan leads 16-0 at half, sits their starters after early 2nd half score. Bet IU to cover

23 - 0 Michigan

INDIANA 17
Michigan 55

I think Michigan wins it all this year. We haven't a chance especially with the home cooking at their place...

Here's hoping we come out of it relatively healthy...; and learn who our starting QB should be the rest of the way out...

Michigan 48-3. I’d be surprised if it’s anything closer. We are a team with no identity on the field. Hopefully by this time next year I can convince myself we may be able to go bowling.

I'm just hoping that we don't turtle like the OSU game offensively, open it up, and live with the mistakes.
In an ideal world, we get the same caliber of defensive performance we had there and a lively offense.

Still probably not close to enough but would be encouraging to see if we got it.
So, I'm going to assume we do. 35 - 17 Michigan.

34 - 17. Michigan needs big 4th quarter to get that spread. IU new OC playing a different game and Hoosiers have several explosive plays. IU defense plays everything in front of them and gets tough in the red zone limiting Michigan

IU beat expectations by only giving up 5 TDS in 1976. Dale Kniep was BiG defensive player of the week by making TD saving tackle after TD saving tackle, by beating the FBs blocking assignment. Rob Lytle was the option pitchman with 4.4 speed… as fast as anyone in ‘76 … and pretty fast today.

October 23No. 1 Michigan
  • Memorial Stadium
  • Bloomington, IN
L 0–3539,385

I was one of those 39,000+ fans there that day. It was my first IU game at MS. Rick Leach and company probably would have drilled us even worse if it wasn't for the rainy conditions, iirc. They kept it on the ground most of the game. I think we only crossed the 50 yard line a couple of times all game.

mICHIGAN 56

IU 3

can't see how We will generate any sustained offense to score points and jjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was going to post something similar and say we were going to shock the world and keep it close but you stole my thunder.

UM 34
IU 17
Indiana 20
Michigan 31

It wouldn’t surprise me if we won this game or lost by 20. I’d like to see this team put together 4 good quarters of football.

Good point. Harbough strikes me as a run up the score guy.
I have the impression Harbaugh dislikes IU because we fire his BIL Crean.

Can IU be reenergized with a OC that knows how to attack defenses? If the defense steps up like they played before and the offense finds ways to hurt Michigan then I think we will see a closer game than anticipated. Thinking of a hard nosed offensive approach that expects execution of the game plan; I could see a game of
17 IU
28 Michigan with several miscues and losing the ball four times in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: midwolfe
Michigan has played a pretty weak schedule so far, so I don't see them scoring in the 40's or 50's like some are predicting.
I'm thinking Michigan 30, IU 10 (but it's 30-3 at the beginning of the 4th quarter and IU only scores the touchdown in garbage time).

Michigan has played a pretty weak schedule so far, so I don't see them scoring in the 40's or 50's like some are predicting.
I'm thinking Michigan 30, IU 10 (but it's 30-3 at the beginning of the 4th quarter and IU only scores the touchdown in garbage time).
Did you see them overwhelm Minnesota, a team with a much deeper roster than ours?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT