ADVERTISEMENT

IU has not been worth a damn since Knight was fired and they won't be any better until Miller is out

This team got away from Miller and there was no excuse for that. So much talent and the IU Coaches couldn't do a damn thing with it. How sad!!
How can you say they had talent??? It's not like they beat Michigan State twice, Louisville, Marquette, Wisconsin.
That was coaching not talent. Just like you’d say if it was Holtman, right?

So much talent? One second team all-B1G and one third team all-B1G. Yeah, loaded. LOL!
Enough talent to beat Sparty twice pal.
Hey, I gave you facts. The writers and coaches don’t agree with you or IU would’ve had more guys on the all- B1G teams. You fail to realize that there are a lot of really good basketball players in the league and IU is pretty average given that. IU has some good athletes but no shooters and few really good basketball players. Smith is an example of that.

How to fix the program:

1 Fire Archie and hire Pat Knight
2 Drag Bob Hammel out of retirement to write nice things
3 Dig up Chuck Marlowe and have him host a TV show while Pat insults him.

Make IU great again.
All we have to do is improve on a 18-15 NIT season, kind of like improving after Obama

Reactions: 1977 Cat
This team got away from Miller and there was no excuse for that. So much talent and the IU Coaches couldn't do a damn thing with it. How sad!!

might end up being true but based on his career at dayton, and the careers of lots of other coaches who had similar tough starts, you're clearly just too delicate. again, you might be right but as of now you are just guessing and being overly emotional.

but hope this helps your fragile psyche...

Care-Bear-Hugs-being-nice-133507_419_327.gif

Last edited:
Hey, I gave you facts. The writers and coaches don’t agree with you or IU would’ve had more guys on the all- B1G teams. You fail to realize that there are a lot of really good basketball players in the league and IU is pretty average given that. IU has some good athletes but no shooters and few really good basketball players. Smith is an example of that.

How much does our record factor into this? In other words, if we were 16-4 would that have changed things?

might end up being true but based on his career at dayton, and the careers of lots of other coaches who had similar tough starts, you're clearly just too delicate. again, you might be right but as of now you are just guessing and being overly emotional.

but hope this helps your fragile psyche...

Care-Bear-Hugs-being-nice-133507_419_327.gif

Archie still isn’t any good and most mid-majors flame out. Posting a few exceptions doesn’t change that fact.

Reactions: IUgradman
Archie still isn’t any good and most mid-majors flame out. Posting a few exceptions doesn’t change that fact.
Most mid majors do flame out and that was my conern. We always hear the Belien and Jay Wright examples but never the dozens who tanked. I have no idea on Archie but so far I would give him a C.

In Coach Knight’s final 14 seasons of coaching (7 at IU and 7 at Texas Tech) in Conference games he finished 2nd once, 3rd four times, 4th once, 5th four times, 6th twice and 7th twice.

Most mid majors do flame out and that was my conern. We always hear the Belien and Jay Wright examples but never the dozens who tanked. I have no idea on Archie but so far I would give him a C.

Yep. I’d be a little harsher on the grade, but the chances of Archie making IU a top 10 program,
are slim.

You happy with this season? Facts are facts! Sub 500 Big 10 record and out of the tourney after one game and no NCAA. Facts are facts!!
Yea, we're all happy with losing..

Sound reasoning on exhibit

*eyeroll*

Maybe we're just not people who try to prove how much of a fan they are by crying and making knee jerk opinions based on nothing but loss induced butthurt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT