ADVERTISEMENT

IU fans

I have seen the 21,000 number thrown around here, but I've not seen it officially. While that would be a painfully low attendance for a game played in Indianapolis, it is worth noting that it was a road game and that affects the atmosphere. I was one of about 4,000 IU fans at our "home" game against Penn State in Landover, MD. Our band, control of the PA, and control of the video board largely subdued 50-60k Penn State fans.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I didn't think he was that kind of a guy; but apparently CTA is boning both fpeaugh's and iugradman's wives, daughter, or some combination.

They have a CTA monkey in their backs.
Nah, not CTA. Fred is actually banging not only their wives, but them, too.

Reactions: hoosier8760
You can lighten that tab by parking in one of the nearby neighborhoods for free, not buying food at the stadium, and not having a restaurant meal in B'town before you head home.
There's always tailgating!

???? Yes they did.
Check the attendance records. Our best average home attendance was in 1969. Team was 4-6. Gonso and company. Mallory took us to six bowls. Could not fill second smallest stadium in Big Ten except for Ohio State games.s.

I have seen the 21,000 number thrown around here, but I've not seen it officially. While that would be a painfully low attendance for a game played in Indianapolis, it is worth noting that it was a road game and that affects the atmosphere. I was one of about 4,000 IU fans at our "home" game against Penn State in Landover, MD. Our band, control of the PA, and control of the video board largely subdued 50-60k Penn State fans.

Official IU site box score

https://iuhoosiers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=11140&path=football

Free parking at the union at take shuttle bus.

You can lighten that tab by parking in one of the nearby neighborhoods for free, not buying food at the stadium, and not having a restaurant meal in B'town before you head home.

I didn't think he was that kind of a guy; but apparently CTA is boning both fpeaugh's and iugradman's wives, daughter, or some combination.

They have a CTA monkey in their backs.

Nah, they are just bitter about IU having any success.

Nah, not CTA. Fred is actually banging not only their wives, but them, too.
Some very odd and disturbing characters on here.

In Glass’s 11 years we’ve made the NCAA Tournament 4 times and a bowl game twice.

Yet we’re bitter about all the success IU is having? And I’m the one being irrational?

In Glass’s 11 years we’ve made the NCAA Tournament 4 times and a bowl game twice.

Yet we’re bitter about all the success IU is having? And I’m the one being irrational?
I'm lost here...In your opinion what "bad" hire did Glass make?

Check the attendance records. Our best average home attendance was in 1969. Team was 4-6. Gonso and company. Mallory took us to six bowls. Could not fill second smallest stadium in Big Ten except for Ohio State games.s.
We were at the anti-Vietnam War marches, tossing the frisbees in Dunn Meadow, throwing paper airplanes out of Briscoe's top floors, camping at Nebo Ridge with that cute blond, going to the soccer games, listening to the Beatles as they broke up, following the Black Panthers; the Secaucus Seven; Patty H; Yippies; wondering about paraquot...too much to do...cept I was at the home games and only remember seeing a few wins..or maybe that was in '75...can't seem to remember.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
So you see, when you go asking stupid questions and calling a fan base out, you get a big bowl full of reasons why. None of which have helped the program reposting on a message board. I mean, we haven’t even discussed the Mallory fight for the University to spend some money and support his success.

No, the University owns this issue from top to bottom. I don’t owe them shit for being a fan or for my education. I paid in full for both. Actually, it was Vocational Rehab Chapter 31 benefits that paid for my education. What did IU do? They refused to recognize me as an Indiana resident since I had been in the Marine Corps 10 years and had returned to the State after being discharged. What did that do? It allowed them to charge the Federal Government out of state tuition for my education.

Yes, we have quite the administration in Bloomington.
Semper Fi brother Marine

Have you not followed IU the last two years? Shocker coming...Allen and Archie.

Plus he completely fumbled the Wilson extension/firing. And don’t even get me started on giving Crean 9 years to run the basketball program in the ground.
Ok so what would you have done different?

Ok so what would you have done different?
Seriously?

In basketball:
I said after Crean’s 3rd year on this forum I would’ve fired him and hired Brad Stevens. So that’s for starters.

If I had my head up my butt and didn’t fire him after year 3 and let Stevens leave, I would’ve fired him after year 6 or 7 and hired someone else. Anything but settling for the status quo. If it didn’t work I’d fire them and hire another up and comer. It’s not always who he hired, but who he didn’t fire.

In football:
Pretty simple...either don’t extend Wilson or don’t fire him. Definitely not both. And then if I was a total buffoon and DID do both of those things, I’d at least conduct a search for the next coach. If so I’d probably come across guys like Brohm, Fleck, etc that were obviously much more competent and experienced.

The AD job is well paid and highly desired. There are plenty of great candidates for the job. This isn’t a volunteer little league position. IU deserves better.

Seriously?

In basketball:
I said after Crean’s 3rd year on this forum I would’ve fired him and hired Brad Stevens. So that’s for starters.

If I had my head up my butt and didn’t fire him after year 3 and let Stevens leave, I would’ve fired him after year 6 or 7 and hired someone else. Anything but settling for the status quo. If it didn’t work I’d fire them and hire another up and comer. It’s not always who he hired, but who he didn’t fire.

In football:
Pretty simple...either don’t extend Wilson or don’t fire him. Definitely not both. And then if I was a total buffoon and DID do both of those things, I’d at least conduct a search for the next coach. If so I’d probably come across guys like Brohm, Fleck, etc that were obviously much more competent and experienced.

The AD job is well paid and highly desired. There are plenty of great candidates for the job. This isn’t a volunteer little league position. IU deserves better.

jiFfM.jpg

You act like we went 0-12 the past 2 years. Your irrational hate of Allen shows with every post.Its been much worse. Remember the Dinardo years?
I can't see who you are responding to since they earned an "ignore" from me. But they need to consider this. I am willing to give CTA time to coach this program for a simple reason. For the first time since Mallory, CTA as a DC improved an awful, terrible defense in his first season and made it even better in his second season. He didn't do it by bringing in top talent. He coached them.

We have had our best 2 recruiting classes in the last 2 years. I want to see what a coach that improved our recruiting and can turn a defensive unit around so quickly a chance over a period of time. When was our last 3 or 4 win season? Our conference schedule will be brutal as long as we stay in the toughest division in college football. Conference records over .500 will always be difficult

Free parking at the union at take shuttle bus.
It's easier to park in the neighborhood. Pack some sandwiches or stop at a Subway coming into town. Drink water, beers, or sodas before you come into the stadium and snack on chips, crackers or whatever you want on the way home.

If you want to come to a game and can afford the tickets and gas, you can find a way to be in Btown!

You weren't comparing 1969. You said attendance didn't improve when Mal was winning.

You were wrong.

Fred isn't the one who got the basketball program essentially the death penalty.

I was not a fan of the Crean hire, and said so at the time, but 90% of the posters here loved the hire. Until they didn't.

He also kept us from getting punished for Wilson's transgressions. It's not like we were going to bowl games regularly anyway.

Check out the IU Olympic sports - we do pretty damn well in those.

And, if you'd bother to visit campus, you'd see a bunch of shiny new buildings built under Fred's tenure.

Seriously?

In basketball:

In football:

I'm sure Stevens was dying to come here....

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
I was not a fan of the Crean hire, and said so at the time, but 90% of the posters here loved the hire. Until they didn't.
Crean was a Greenspan hire. Now the extension after the Wat Shot season, that's on Glass. It was a rookie mistake. Fred got schooled by Crean's agent.

Fred will never be forgiven by many for not firing Crean as soon as they think he should have. Between the buyout and the B1G regular season championships Crean was able to pull out of his ass late, I don't think Glass could have done it any earlier (as much as I would have liked to see it).

All the other shit that gets thrown at Glass is just piling on. It was the not firing of Crean soon enough that has him on these peoples' shitlist.

Crean was a Greenspan hire. Now the extension after the Wat Shot season, that's on Glass. It was a rookie mistake. Fred got schooled by Crean's agent.

Fred will never be forgiven by many for not firing Crean as soon as they think he should have. Between the buyout and the B1G regular season championships Crean was able to pull out of his ass late, I don't think Glass could have done it any earlier (as much as I would have liked to see it).

All the other shit that gets thrown at Glass is just piling on. It was the not firing of Crean soon enough that has him on these peoples' shitlist.
Thanks for the clarification. Crean definitely played Glass and that's why I felt no loss when he was cut loose.

Fred isn't the one who got the basketball program essentially the death penalty.

He also kept us from getting punished for Wilson's transgressions. It's not like we were going to bowl games regularly anyway.

Check out the IU Olympic sports - we do pretty damn well in those.

And, if you'd bother to visit campus, you'd see a bunch of shiny new buildings built under Fred's tenure.
You lost me at death penalty.

We lost ONE scholarship for ONE year. And that was self imposed. That’s it. That’s all. Nothing else.

Reactions: IUgradman
You lost me at death penalty.

We lost ONE scholarship for ONE year. And that was self imposed. That’s it. That’s all. Nothing else.
I guess you don't remember Crean's first year.

Win first. Then people will come. IU football needs to give the fans a reason to spend their time and money on it.
I understand the concept of win first, fans will follow. HOWEVER, can we not cheer for the effort, sacrifice, time investment, of the players? I now live multiple states away and listen by radio but still cheer, swear, and am horrible sad at losses.

I’m sure he loved being at a mid major making 1/3 of what Crean was making.
f***-pu it was not gonna happen!!!!!!

On April 8, 2010, Stevens signed a long-term deal with Butler, extending his contract through the 2021–22 season.

By re-signing with Butler, Stevens temporarily ended speculation that he would leave the university for a higher paying job.[73] Oregon, Clemson, and Wake Forest were all said to be interested in offering Stevens multi-million dollar contracts to leave Butler.[72][73] "First and foremost, I’m loyal to Butler," Stevens said.[77] When asked if he would ever leave Butler, Stevens replied "I guess if they kicked me out."[11]

After the 2011–12 season, Stevens was pursued vigorously by Illinois to fill their coaching vacancy before he declined their offer.[80]

In March 2013, UCLA reportedly offered Stevens between $2.5 and $3 million a year to leave Butler.[81] Rumors circulated that Stevens was in contract negotiations with UCLA, but ultimately the rumors proved false and Stevens stayed at Butler.[82] Commenting on the situation, a source close to Stevens said "Brad doesn't understand why people would assume he's leaving."[82] A few days later, Stevens reiterated that he was very happy at Butler and had no intentions to leave as long as he had the support of the university to continue running the program the "right way".

Reactions: DANC

On April 8, 2010, Stevens signed a long-term deal with Butler, extending his contract through the 2021–22 season.

By re-signing with Butler, Stevens temporarily ended speculation that he would leave the university for a higher paying job.[73] Oregon, Clemson, and Wake Forest were all said to be interested in offering Stevens multi-million dollar contracts to leave Butler.[72][73] "First and foremost, I’m loyal to Butler," Stevens said.[77] When asked if he would ever leave Butler, Stevens replied "I guess if they kicked me out."[11]

After the 2011–12 season, Stevens was pursued vigorously by Illinois to fill their coaching vacancy before he declined their offer.[80]

In March 2013, UCLA reportedly offered Stevens between $2.5 and $3 million a year to leave Butler.[81] Rumors circulated that Stevens was in contract negotiations with UCLA, but ultimately the rumors proved false and Stevens stayed at Butler.[82] Commenting on the situation, a source close to Stevens said "Brad doesn't understand why people would assume he's leaving."[82] A few days later, Stevens reiterated that he was very happy at Butler and had no intentions to leave as long as he had the support of the university to continue running the program the "right way".

Don't feed the Troll...;)

He's already got you talking basketball on the football board and discussing a topic that everyone already knows the answer to (with the exception of him evidently)...:confused:

So he just about went all the way to UCLA but wouldn’t have left for IU? Get a clue.

I'm sure he was never approached by IU.

But you'd know, I guess.
No he wasn’t. You don’t approach another coach when you have a coach currently. That’s just not how it works.

So he just about went all the way to UCLA but wouldn’t have left for IU? Get a clue.
You don't read very well do you...The rumors proved to be false. He was NOT going to ucla OR coming to IU.

Maybe you should start a campaign against Fred. Can't wait to see your first gathering and speech.

You don't read very well do you...The rumors proved to be false. He was NOT going to ucla OR coming to IU.

Maybe you should start a campaign against Fred. Can't wait to see your first gathering and speech.
You really don’t understand how the real world works do you kid? It’s often much more complicated than what someone says in a press conference.

You really don’t understand how the real world works do you kid? It’s often much more complicated than what someone says in a press conference.
Thanks for the laugh as usual. Like I said start a campaign...I think the whole board would line up that. :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT