ADVERTISEMENT

IU doesn't deserve Tom Crean.

I hope he bolts for Pittsburgh where the fans will appreciate him. No one works harder than Tom Crean, and the fans of Pitt will love him for it. Go on Coach Crean. Do your magic at Pitt.

What is your motivation for this post?

If I were him I would get tired of the crap that he has to put up with from our fans.

I'd probably get the most tired of earning millions of dollars each year and knowing I never have to meet expectations: that is a dream job.

The customer is always right. One's problem is most likely beyond fixing when one starts point the finger at the customer.

Back out of hiding?

Did you get the restraining order in the mail, yet? 1,000 feet away at all times.

Once again, I am sorry you are more concerned with when and what I post rather than the performance of Crean. But, please, if you would care at all to provide a retort to my argument rather than focus on me, you are more than free.

I think it is time to raise a banner and print up some new popcorn boxes with images from beating UK in the Round of 32 on them.
Nobody saying they are content with just making the sweet 16 but they did a lot better this year than I was expecting. Go ahead and fire him tonight and see what kind of candiates that would be willing to come to a place that would fire their coach after winning the conference and going to the sweet 16.

Reactions: CC Mac and HoosJer
Did you get the restraining order in the mail, yet? 1,000 feet away at all times.

Once again, I am sorry you are more concerned with when and what I post rather than the performance of Crean.

Not at all, it's just that you only show your ass when IU loses. Get over yourself, you're only important to you. The rest of us could live long, happy lives without your crap.

North Carolina was a terrible matchup for you guys. Crean did a great job for you guys this year. He develops players. However, as a Purdue fan I hope you sign him to a 10 year exTension. Would hate to see you get an elite coach. Crean is a good coach though.

North Carolina was a terrible matchup for you guys. Crean did a great job for you guys this year. He develops players. However, as a Purdue fan I hope you sign him to a 10 year exTension. Would hate to see you get an elite coach. Crean is a good coach though.
You can keep Painter as well so you guys can keep doing what Purdue teams do every year and that is lose early in the tournament.

Not at all, it's just that you only show your ass when IU loses. Get over yourself, you're only important to you. The rest of us could live long, happy lives without your crap.

It is a free country, and you are more than free to hit the ignore button. Do you think everybody who does not hold the same beliefs as you should be censored and personally attacked rather than civilly debated?

I hope he bolts for Pittsburgh where the fans will appreciate him. No one works harder than Tom Crean, and the fans of Pitt will love him for it. Go on Coach Crean. Do your magic at Pitt.
Magic is a stretch. Took him too long to get quality teams after taking over, and was inconsistent after he started getting recruits. Nice job this year. Hope he continues to build on it, and raise expectations,

That would be pretty much every iu coach Scott. David had it much worse then crean. It's part of the iu job.
It might be part of the job but that does not mean it is right and nobody should have to deal with what Davis put up with. People need to start realizing that basketball is just a gmae and shouldn't overeact to losses and people should remember the players and coaches are human and don't deserve what they get.

Reactions: fiederlein

Once again, I am sorry you are more concerned with when and what I post rather than the performance of Crean. But, please, if you would care at all to provide a retort to my argument rather than focus on me, you are more than free.

Jumbo, you got my attention. Let's throw some butt darts. Did this team over-perform or under-perform this year?

Jumbo, you got my attention. Let's throw some butt darts. Did this team over-perform or under-perform this year?

This was a good year. The problem is, good is Crean's peak. This team was ranked top 15 or so at the beginning of the year: finished where we were expected to finish.

Actually, of the #1 seeds, they were the best match up. They just exceeded their season average in three point shooting by 150% which opened everything else up. As far as the extension, he still has plenty of time on his contract, we don't need to give him an extension.

Reactions: C_Point
And you guys lose early in the tournament as well. Last time you were went past sweet 16 was with Davis oh only about 16 years ago. Thought you guys were a blue blood school. Lol
We still have won 2 championships and gone to 4 final fours since the last time PU went to a final four.

It is a free country, and you are more than free to hit the ignore button. Do you think everybody who does not hold the same beliefs as you should be censored and personally attacked rather than civilly debated?

Get over it Jimbo. You hate me, I don't like your attitude towards IU basketball. This was a successful season.

Actually, of the #1 seeds, they were the best match up. They just exceeded their season average in three point shooting by 150% which opened everything else up. As far as the extension, he still has plenty of time on his contract, we don't need to give him an extension.
Even witht them hitting their 3's we still hit 2 more 3 pointers so that really was not what beat us.

You don't remember where it was after Sampson? And where it was either Davis hiding out in his basement? And where it was when Knight was chocking Reed?

Bennett turned us down. Sean Miller turned us down. Crean stepped up.

What magic ???

Magic is a stretch. Took him too long to get quality teams after taking over, and was inconsistent after he started getting recruits. Nice job this year. Hope he continues to build on it, and raise expectations,

See the first quote. We had hit the bottom. Look at where we are now. Multiple big ten titles. Multiple sweet 16s.

I honestly think now is the time for you guys to make a move. A coaches greatest tools are a brand to sell and fan apathy to buy time. You all have waited and I honestly believe the Hoosier period is about to return.

Roy is nearing his end, K will be gone relatively soon and will leave a huge shadow and Cal may be with us until his son graduates but we will eat up coaches for 20 years trying to replace him.

You all are positioned to get a good candidate this go around. To Creans credit he has reestablished a base and would leave a few pieces behind to work with.

The AD needs to just recognize the personality of your fanbase, and all fanbases differ. We like glitz and glamour and being the loudest in the room and Cal/Pitino fit that. You all like fundamentals and discipline. Greg Marshal for example is an ass and his kids respond and don't beat themselves, Bennett as well. Could you have imagined Bo Ryan with the Indiana brand?

Oh well. Things are cyclical and it's about your turn.

This was a good year. The problem is, good is Crean's peak. This team was ranked top 15 or so at the beginning of the year: finished where we were expected to finish.

Valid point but if you want to judge on preseason rankings we beat #1 in the rd of 32 and got beat by # 2 in the rd of 16. Thoughts on that argument?

Reactions: hgdownunder
I honestly think now is the time for you guys to make a move. A coaches greatest tools are a brand to sell and fan apathy to buy time. You all have waited and I honestly believe the Hoosier period is about to return.

Roy is nearing his end, K will be gone relatively soon and will leave a huge shadow and Cal may be with us until his son graduates but we will eat up coaches for 20 years trying to replace him.

You all are positioned to get a good candidate this go around. To Creans credit he has reestablished a base and would leave a few pieces behind to work with.

The AD needs to just recognize the personality of your fanbase, and all fanbases differ. We like glitz and glamour and being the loudest in the room and Cal/Pitino fit that. You all like fundamentals and discipline. Greg Marshal for example is an ass and his kids respond and don't beat themselves, Bennett as well. Could you have imagined Bo Ryan with the Indiana brand?

Oh well. Things are cyclical and it's about your turn.
You are dead wrong if you think we could bring in a top candidate this year if we fire Crean tommorrow. No resepctable coach would go to a place that would fire their coach after winning the conference championship and going to the sweet 16. We might get some up and coming mid major coach but we would not get anyone who is definitely an upgrade over Crean.

Reactions: yiana
Get over it Jimbo. You hate me, I don't like your attitude towards IU basketball. This was a successful season.

I don't hate you, I merely disagree with your opinions. You understand you don't have to hate people that disagree with you? How can your own beliefs/knowledge thrive and be worth a darn if they are never challenged?

I think we both agree that this season was good. I think we both disagree on how to define success at IU and whether Crean is the guy to achieve our respective ideas of success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT