ADVERTISEMENT

IU/Cincinnati Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the WOTC numbers (not a prediction, but an average of predictions here) as of right now say Cincy 33 IU 24. Last week the averages were a bit off . . . IU 21, WKU 17. The margin was very close to the way the game turned out, but the actual score was different . . . a lot higher.

Might be that this "crowd" has a vested interest and that's why it's not as close to the actual that the theory portends. I haven't factored in Cincy's board's predictions . . . maybe that would help.

So the WOTC numbers (not a prediction, but an average of predictions here) as of right now say Cincy 33 IU 24. Last week the averages were a bit off . . . IU 21, WKU 17. The margin was very close to the way the game turned out, but the actual score was different . . . a lot higher.

Might be that this "crowd" has a vested interest and that's why it's not as close to the actual that the theory portends. I haven't factored in Cincy's board's predictions . . . maybe that would help.
Are you tossing outliers (e.g. IU 31-3, Cincy 41-14)?

Seriously? You built a spreadsheet? For this? Who are you billing and at what hourly rate?

Do you track the leaves that fall each day from your deciduous trees?

Seriously? You built a spreadsheet? For this? Who are you billing and at what hourly rate?

Do you track the leaves that fall each day from your deciduous trees?
It probably took him all of five minutes.

It's a prediction thread. No need to be an a-hole.

It probably took him all of five minutes.

It's a prediction thread. No need to be an a-hole.
Seriously? Sope and I have been yanking each other’s chain for years. His reply could have been classic.

But thanks for playing. Don, do we have parting gifts for our loser?

INDIANA 31
Cincinnati 3

We prove the pundits, the gamblers, and the rest of the naysayers wrong by putting it all together while getting ready for the grind of the Big Ten schedule... The DEFENSE we expected finally shows up...
Love your enthusiasm. Unfortunately I am cursed with being a glass half empty guy. We are a little lucky to be 3-0.
I am worried we lose big.

• Sad
Reactions: 76-1
As I said before , I always think IU has a chance to win every game , even when the odds are against us .For that reason I think we can win tomorrow . I have no idea what the score will be , but if we can keep it close going into the 4th , I think we win . Cincys schedule hasn’t been that great , so 4-0 sounds good .

Last edited:
I already put my score prediciton...here's a perspective to keep my/our expectations in check for Saturday.

Educated guess on ranking our schedule from most difficult game to easiest game. Not best opponents...most difficult game. I think Cincy is fairly close to B10 teams like Michigan, Penn State and MSU.

1. OSU
2. at Cincy (road game bump over Michigan)
3. Michigan
4. Michigan State (road game bump over PSU)
5. Penn State
6. Maryland
7. Purdue
8. Rutgers (road game bump over Illinois)
9. Illinois
10. Nebraska
11. WKU
12. Idaho

So...if this is even remotely accurate, which I think it is...we've struggled to win the 1st, 2nd, and 4th easiest games on our schedule. Its a pretty big leap of faith and optimism to think we're going to win the 2nd most difficult game on what is one of the more difficult schedules in all of college football.

Hope they shock me! Gonna be a tall task though.
How about:

1. OSU (improved defense and offensive balance)
2. 3. Michigan (Winning by scores that would make Shemblecher proud)
3. 5. Penn State (Freshmen athletes are special, crushed Auburn)
4. 2. at Cincy (Still look effective, first IU road game, more consistent than IU at this point)
5. 6. Maryland (Score tons, Mich will crush MD defense)
6. 4. Michigan State (Pass Def Not really improved, injury bug flu)
7. Purdue (Aways gets up for Indiana)
8. 9. Illinois (Have the nations leading rusher, but still needs to beat somebody… ‘Cuse is clocking VA)
9. 10. Nebraska (has good enough athletes to win, tons of yards, national leading passer, but NW loss looks worse every week)
10. 11. WKU (They’ll keep getting better).
11. 8. Rutgers (looked futile for a big 10 team v. Temple, who couldn’t defend WKU)
12. Idaho (got 2 FCS poll votes)

Last edited:
My heart wants something like IU by 27 - 23.

33 teams are 3-0. 4-0 would be great.

My head says, Miami O, covered, and IU will too.

Run defense will be key or IU will get trucked.

In some respects this was the game last year where more DL line depth was needed v. Ridder, Cincy OL.

Final WOTC results (after this morning's predictions) is UC 32 IU 24.

I'm just the messenger . . . don't go all postal on me. These are the average of your predictions . . . .

Interesting that the betting has held up for Cincy. Thought it would swing back off of 16.

Indiana 24
Cincy 34

Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

Go Hoosiers!
Unfortunately my honest prediction is Cincy 41 IU 16. I studied the WKU film, & it's.....we have a lot of areas ofconcern. I'm very fearful of another loooong season the rest of the way. I've been wrong before, & I'd absolutely LOVE to be wrong about this.

I'd guess that Michigan would kick the living daylights out of Cincy . . . and Penn State would too. Cincy's good and likely better than IU by a good bit . . . but No. 2 on that list . . . I dunno.
Hmmm…

like I said, bump because it’s at Cincy.

Either I’m right about the difficulty level of this game…or we won’t win another game this year. I’m hopeful Cincy is that good, and playing at their place that tough…

Hmmm…

like I said, bump because it’s at Cincy.

Either I’m right about the difficulty level of this game…or we won’t win another game this year. I’m hopeful Cincy is that good, and playing at their place that tough…
A few of us said 3 wins would be it, that 4 wins would be a good season, 5 wins an excellent season and 6 wins a COY season for Allen.

A few of us said 3 wins would be it, that 4 wins would be a good season, 5 wins an excellent season and 6 wins a COY season for Allen.
Hard to give a guy COY in his 6th year, that’s 2 years removed from back to back major bowl game seasons…winning 6 games.

I doubt we win any more this year. This game will end up being one of our toughest tests. But we’re gonna need to win in Lincoln, I think, to get any more wins. And I don’t see this team winning in that environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT