ADVERTISEMENT

NIT Projections

Disagree, he's 6'9 with a 7'3 wingspan. He's never going to be able to be a perimeter player in the NBA. Doesn't have anywhere near the ball skills or shooting ability.

He's not a rim protector. Never has been. Not sure why/how he'd become one in the NBA.

He's hit some threes this year, but he doesn't shoot many.

Hitting open perimeter shots, rebounding, opportunistic finishing inside, and and defending multiple positions is where he'd make a name for himself in the NBA...in my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
He's not a rim protector. Never has been. Not sure why/how he'd become one in the NBA.

He's hit some threes this year, but he doesn't shoot many.

Hitting open perimeter shots, rebounding, opportunistic finishing inside, and and defending multiple positions is where he'd make a name for himself in the NBA...in my opinion.
He's a small ball 5 who can stand to improve his vertical with further advanced weight training. He's got the length and strength. He struggles guarding college 4's, he'll never be able to cover an NBA 3.

Runnin Richie is still trolling these parts? I would have guessed his sister kept the wireless router in the divorce settlement. Big win kid.

A potential reason could be he doesn't like Woody/Bloomington/his teammates... those things don't seem to be true, though.

Beyond that, I could see him feeling like he's been not focused on as much as he'd like with TJD and Ware being the main interior focus, and the object of much of Woody's NBA discussions. But I'm not sure hed be able to find a "peer" school to IU in terms of NIL and exposure opportunity, that wouldn't have other good bigs in the fold.

I think if MR were to leave, the MOST likely reason would be he realizes he needs to develop his game away from the basket to maximize his NBA potential and value. And obviously Woody's track record in that area, isn't nearly as strong.
If Woodson has $6 million NIL or more he can pay MR to stay.

If Woodson has $6 million NIL or more he can pay MR to stay.
Yep. I mean, he already has Cupps, Newton (60%) Leal, Galloway and Gunn locked up as our perimiter.. (LOL) No reason he cant keep both Reneau and Mgbako vbg. Its going to get very ugly for Woodson next February. Gas lighting will lead to a 5th year.

You might watch Assembly Call from yesterday. At one point Ryan said he got a text from a scout who said Ware is in the lottery. He asked him about MM and he said the scout said he thinks he's worked his way up to a second rd pick. Not 100% sure on that, but I believe that's what he said. Now, of course that's an unnamed scout, but I was a bit surprised by that.

Lots of rumors that Cupps is a potential top 5 pick. Scouts say he's still growing.

Most likely not. The thing about the NIT is ALL those teams are going to be similar to IU in most all ways. They're all "bubble" type teams. The teams that do well, are the ones that have all their players playing, and that take it seriously.

IU should decline the invitation if any of our key players are going to opt out of it.

Coaching staff needs to get to work recruiting the portal...like the second the season is over...and the sooner the better.
I understand the “we decline” approach, but to me, it seems a bit of a “poor sport” response.

Reactions: bawlmer
Reneau isn't ever going to protect the rim in an NBA game. He's LeBron's size, and not overly bouncy. 3, D, and Rebounding his his path to the league.
He's so strong he should be an elite rebounder. He's better on D, but still room for improvement. He needs to not try to get so deep every time with the ball. Would love to see more jump shots, he's got good touch and accuracy.

Nah, man. The coaching staff is tired, man. It’s been a long season, man. Our guys need the rest. We’ll get around to finding 9 guys in the portal once we get some rest, man.
Agree. Let's have the coaching staff rest up, and then start thinking about adding some pieces for next year. True fans will understand.

Most likely not. The thing about the NIT is ALL those teams are going to be similar to IU in most all ways. They're all "bubble" type teams. The teams that do well, are the ones that have all their players playing, and that take it seriously.

IU should decline the invitation if any of our key players are going to opt out of it.

Coaching staff needs to get to work recruiting the portal...like the second the season is over...and the sooner the better.
Agree....decline. There's no upside playing in it if Ware leaves, unless we win the whole thing, which we won't.

But we won't decline it, and our last loss will be a classic "bad X" game because, why wouldn't it?

Agree....decline. There's no upside playing in it if Ware leaves, unless we win the whole thing, which we won't.

But we won't decline it, and our last loss will be a classic "bad X" game because, why wouldn't it?
I would not play X. Give the guys coming back the experience. Is there a keeper in the walk ons?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT