ADVERTISEMENT

IU/Cincinnati Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
INDIANA 31
Cincinnati 3

We prove the pundits, the gamblers, and the rest of the naysayers wrong by putting it all together while getting ready for the grind of the Big Ten schedule... The DEFENSE we expected finally shows up...

My predictions are that the score before the game begins will be 0-0. Also the team that scores the most points will definitely win the game.
INDIANA 31
Cincinnati 3

We prove the pundits, the gamblers, and the rest of the naysayers wrong by putting it all together while getting ready for the grind of the Big Ten schedule... The DEFENSE we expected finally shows up...
I will have one of what you are drinking. But I love the thought process LOL. Go Hoosiers!!

INDIANA 31
Cincinnati 3

Huh.

I know that score . . .

(Although it was actually 35, but, then, who’s counting?)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
INDIANA 31
Cincinnati 3

Oktoberfest has been very, very good to you . . .

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1 and Sope Creek
INDIANA 31
Cincinnati 3

I threw this one out in setting up my WOTC* spreadsheet.

Just sayin . . . .

*Wisdom of the Crowd

Reactions: vesuvius13
Cincy's 3-0 ATS as a double digit favorite under Fickell . . .

And Cincy has been over in all three of its games this season. IU has been over in 2 of the 3 games this year . . . .

Fickell is a good recruiter and a good coach . . . and has been established at Cincy for a while.

Cincy 42 IU 24; hope I'm wrong.

Cincy 48
IU 34

Guessing we get down a few TDs early, make some adjustments and make them nervous at some point in 2nd half, but ultimately dig too deep a hole.

UC very well could be the 3rd best team on our schedule behind OSU and Michigan.

Reactions: TomEric4756
WOTC says 35-25 so far. This is not a prediction . . . it's an average of all of the predictions. Before IUNorth's prediction it was 34-23.

UC 31
IU 14

We can win with a clean game while turning them over a few times, but that will be a tall task Saturday on the road in a hostile environment.

WOTC says 35-25 so far. This is not a prediction . . . it's an average of all of the predictions. Before IUNorth's prediction it was 34-23.
I did put a few bucks on the over, and us to cover. So with my betting track record, us losing 27-7 is probably more likely.

The line is inching smaller as we're getting closer to game day. Might mean the sharks are liking IU to make somewhat of a game of it?

IU 24-19. It is 16-3 until fourth quarter. Matthews returns a punt for a TD. Next possession Bazelak hits Barner to make it 16-14. Cincy goes on long drive but IU goal line stand holds them to field goal. 19-14. With 2 minutes left IU drives the length of the field, only to have a WR take a big hit at the goal line, FUMBLE, and have Tim Weaver recover it for a TD as time expires. 24-19 Final.

Cincy outgains IU 485-326 but miss 2 field goals.
Is that 16-14 Cincy score really 17-16 IU? Gotta account for the field goal somehow.

BTW, I like your thinking . . . .

My crimson glasses cause me to see:
ILL had already played a game, will be a bowl team, and IU found a way to win the opener. Idaho gave WSU all they wanted and WSU defeated Wisky. WKU was improved from last year and IU found a way to win. CINN is a familiar opponent and Allen has been in the D's face all week; D plays better and the game Saturday is down to the wire. No score prediction but I believe IU can win this game.

Wouldn't shock me if Indiana won, but I'm going Cincinnati anyway. We were really fortunate to beat WKU, and this one's on the road. It's a tough spot for us.

CIN 28, IND 17.

I already put my score prediciton...here's a perspective to keep my/our expectations in check for Saturday.

Educated guess on ranking our schedule from most difficult game to easiest game. Not best opponents...most difficult game. I think Cincy is fairly close to B10 teams like Michigan, Penn State and MSU.

1. OSU
2. at Cincy (road game bump over Michigan)
3. Michigan
4. Michigan State (road game bump over PSU)
5. Penn State
6. Maryland
7. Purdue
8. Rutgers (road game bump over Illinois)
9. Illinois
10. Nebraska
11. WKU
12. Idaho

So...if this is even remotely accurate, which I think it is...we've struggled to win the 1st, 2nd, and 4th easiest games on our schedule. Its a pretty big leap of faith and optimism to think we're going to win the 2nd most difficult game on what is one of the more difficult schedules in all of college football.

Hope they shock me! Gonna be a tall task though.

Reactions: Mad Cat
I already put my score prediciton...here's a perspective to keep my/our expectations in check for Saturday.

Educated guess on ranking our schedule from most difficult game to easiest game. Not best opponents...most difficult game. I think Cincy is fairly close to B10 teams like Michigan, Penn State and MSU.

1. OSU
3. Michigan
5. Penn State
6. Maryland
7. Purdue
9. Illinois
10. Nebraska
11. WKU
12. Idaho

So...if this is even remotely accurate, which I think it is...we've struggled to win the 1st, 2nd, and 4th easiest games on our schedule. Its a pretty big leap of faith and optimism to think we're going to win the 2nd most difficult game on what is one of the more difficult schedules in all of college football.

I'd guess that Michigan would kick the living daylights out of Cincy . . . and Penn State would too. Cincy's good and likely better than IU by a good bit . . . but No. 2 on that list . . . I dunno.

1. OSU
3. Michigan
5. Penn State
6. Maryland
7. Purdue
9. Illinois
10. Nebraska
11. WKU
12. Idaho

Cinci while very good, is a whole lot closer to being MD than they are being MI...

Cinci while very good, is a whole lot closer to being MD than they are being MI...
I agree . . . and that doesn't bode well for IU's chances for a W in either game . . . but I like IU better in the MD matchup than I do the MI matchup . . . .

IU 30
UC 20

Cincinnati rushed for less than 4 yards/carry against Miami OH and had 3 turnovers. Hopefully the issues with our LB run fits gets resolved. Their pass game is dangerous, but our D may be the best that they've seen so far. Arkansas, for example, gave up 357 yards passing against Missouri State. They have had 10 penalties in each game. Believe it or not, friends, IU is actually playing cleaner football.

They blitz their DBs quite a bit. 3 of 4 sacks against Miami OH were by the secondary. Hopefully CB can pick them apart.

My biggest concern is who will play center.

We’ll see. They played an upper tier SEC team very tough, with a new QB and a rebuilt defense. No one knows how good Michigan is, they’ve played 3 high school teams thus far. We’ll start to see if I’m more right than you this weekend.

But I think Cincy is much more like Mich than Maryland. Heck, Maryland might be more like Michigan than they are Maryland.

IU 30
UC 20

Cincinnati rushed for less than 4 yards/carry against Miami OH and had 3 turnovers. Hopefully the issues with our LB run fits gets resolved. Their pass game is dangerous, but our D may be the best that they've seen so far. Arkansas, for example, gave up 357 yards passing against Missouri State. They have had 10 penalties in each game. Believe it or not, friends, IU is actually playing cleaner football.

They blitz their DBs quite a bit. 3 of 4 sacks against Miami OH were by the secondary. Hopefully CB can pick them apart.

My biggest concern is who will play center.
To be fair, we also ran for less than 4 YPC against a G5 school last week.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT