ADVERTISEMENT

IU basketball

Is fun to watch again. Though IU isn’t elite right now and not even ranked. It’s easy to see that the standards of basketball have been increased within the program. Effort on defense, good shot selection, hustle plays, higher Bball IQ.
second half was bad. I think they had over 10 turnovers and none of them were cherry or apple. But I do agree with you that they are getting better. Last yr's team would have been a lot better if they had not had all those injuries. Even this yr we have had injuries or sicknesses. Look at Rob not playing tonight because they fear he might have had another concussion. Deron can't seem to get on the floor because of injury. If only we had a full team.

I concur.

Didn't get to see the 2nd half, however. Saw we were outscored by 3. What changed?

Is fun to watch again. Though IU isn’t elite right now and not even ranked. It’s easy to see that the standards of basketball have been increased within the program. Effort on defense, good shot selection, hustle plays, higher Bball IQ.
First half was fun. Second half was ugly. Good news is our previous teams would have caved in that game. We were able to keep a good lead, despite our poor play. If don’t go ice cold from 3 and the FT line, we blast them. Might be a better lesson in closing this out through the struggle

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye

Did you watch the second half tonight?

The silver lining is that the second half gave Archie a ton to work with in keeping them grounded prior to the competition heating up. I would spend two full practices chewing on them for that POS 20 minute segment. All that was missing from DGs performance in the second half was his street ball shuffle from Soph year.

IU doesn't need these guys smelling themselves at this point in the schedule. They are 9 deep easily...rip some asses.

The silver lining is that the second half gave Archie a ton to work with in keeping them grounded prior to the competition heating up. I would spend two full practices chewing on them for that POS 20 minute segment. All that was missing from DGs performance in the second half was his street ball shuffle from Soph year.

IU doesn't need these guys smelling themselves at this point in the schedule. They are 9 deep easily...rip some asses.

Archie is taking that approach this year. The “ripping asses” approach that is, nice phrase btw.

I have not seen him say we played real well tonight after any game or when talking about a game. He always initially says we have a lot to work on and points at some specifics. Defense has been his go to, last night TOs sloppy play.

Izzo does this often and I like it. Always can improve, never satisfied with an out come. This team just might over preform this year. Wouldn’t that be something!

That wasn’t a good team they played last night, just marginally better than the duds they started the season with. We won’t really know anything about this team until the game at Wisconsin.

That wasn’t a good team they played last night, just marginally better than the duds they started the season with. We won’t really know anything about this team until the game at Wisconsin.

I disagree

I think if that team (lat) plays anything like they did last night theyd give some teams in the b1g this year some problems.
The announcers were right. That team legit would not give up.However,
they were simply outmatched...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT