ADVERTISEMENT

IU Banners

GR8IUFAN

Benchwarmer
May 29, 2021
You know how purdue fans (and others) cringe everytime IU fans give them the 5-0 and talk about the banners? They say it's in the past and they are collecting dust. How it has been 35 years since the last one. Well the reason those banners are cherished is because IT IS SO HARD TO WIN ONE. An injury here or a couple of bad calls there or like last night a team that has no business really being in the tournament wins. FDU played out of there as well as they could and purdue didn't play their best.
And what happens? They lose again again and again. That's why IU loves those banners.
GoHoosiers

You know how purdue fans (and others) cringe everytime IU fans give them the 5-0 and talk about the banners? They say it's in the past and they are collecting dust. How it has been 35 years since the last one. Well the reason those banners are cherished is because IT IS SO HARD TO WIN ONE. An injury here or a couple of bad calls there or like last night a team that has no business really being in the tournament wins. FDU played out of there as well as they could and purdue didn't play their best.
And what happens? They lose again again and again. That's why IU loves those banners.
GoHoosiers

Let’s make another final four and then talk. I’d like to see one!

Reactions: GR8IUFAN
I'm old enough to have seen 6 final 4's and 3 championships. Would like to see one of each before I move on.

I’m approaching 40 fast and can’t remember a one of them. Disgusting. Soon there won’t be any one left to talk about them.

GoHoosiers

Has beens versus the never weres. The rest of the country couldn't care any less about us. Well, I guess PU made it into the news this week....

Those banners are a stark reminder of what we no longer are.

GoHoosiers
I have accepted I will not see another one in my lifetime and I was 10 when we won the last one. Sad.

I was 10 in 1976. I don’t think I’ll see another one.
At the end of the day it comes down to coaches. Woodson is ok but likely needs very superior talent like crean to advance. Sampson can go to a shitty conference and still advance far he is a great coach just a shitty person. And this pont it all comes down to woodsons recruiting. He needs monster classes the next two years imo.

At the end of the day it comes down to coaches. Woodson is ok but likely needs very superior talent like crean to advance. Sampson can go to a shitty conference and still advance far he is a great coach just a shitty person. And this pont it all comes down to woodsons recruiting. He needs monster classes the next two years imo.
Coaching is part of it but even Knight didn’t hang banners every year. It’s an elusive combination of coaching and talent and just much more difficult than I think many people give credit for. And in a win-or-go-home tournament format, luck plays a large role. Don’t know if Woodson will get it done but have not given up on him. Next couple of seasons will tell.

Reactions: papawboog
Woodson is going to be 65 and has a major rebuild on his hand. I hope to god we get more speed and shooting or will be in trouble again.

Woodson is going to be 65 and has a major rebuild on his hand. I hope to god we get more speed and shooting or will be in trouble again.
We're gonna need two big' 6'9 ish..Long athletic guys..
And two gaurds or slash combo wing types.
Not guy's that can get 6 a night ..But 16 .
Or next yr..Woodson's gonna have a rough yr ..Period...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT