ADVERTISEMENT

IU and Uk possibly rekindled

We should want Kentucky. We need to play in as many high profile games as possible. That is what bluebloods do.

Screw the whole 'blueblood' thing. IU's colors are Cream & Crimson which makes Hoosiers redbloods. And as redbloods it's not about playing "as many high-profile games as possible" so much as it is about winning them. Decisively.

Duke, UNC, KU & UK are welcome to the tag - prefer IU aspire to a class by itself and be distinguished for bleeding all opponents, especially blue ones.

No prisoners.

If we are a blue blood then we should not bow down to anyone. Kentucky sport radio hosts are laughing at us for bowing down to Cal’s terms. Lets play another blue blood instead of those chicken shit crying hillbillies.

Playing at a neutral site isn’t bowing down, just returning to the old way of doing things. UK is a border state and we had a good rivalry with them. We need to revive it.

We should want Kentucky. We need to play in as many high profile games as possible. That is what bluebloods do.
There are plenty of other bluebloods we can play so I wouldn't eve think of it until Cal is gone. Maybe UK"S next coach won't be afraid of playing on someone else's home court. College basketball is for the students so the game is better when it is played on campus.

If we are a blue blood then we should not bow down to anyone. Kentucky sport radio hosts are laughing at us for bowing down to Cal’s terms. Lets play another blue blood instead of those chicken shit crying hillbillies.
It's not so much bowing down I think cal and Archie will see it as hosting it a t a neutral site will bring in more more money for both schools rather than doing a home and home. Sure rupp holds 24 k but if it's in Indianapolis it holds much more people and both schools will be able to show up in full force

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Indiana will continue to get better. I think by next yr they will have the rivalry rescheduled and it will be a great game. You will lose Romeo but you will build upon getting him and get more quality players to play there. Romeo is the savior for iu and will bring you back to the national stage especially if he is as good as advertised

There are plenty of other bluebloods we can play so I wouldn't eve think of it until Cal is gone. Maybe UK"S next coach won't be afraid of playing on someone else's home court. College basketball is for the students so the game is better when it is played on campus.
College basketball isn't for students, they're broke, It's for revenue.

Plus the BS you're parroting was created by Crean. and we as fans bought it hook line and sinker. Until some of us noticed that he was scheduling 300(+/-) ranked teams at home for the students.

So while saying he didn't want or need UK, and how he wanted quality games at AH, for the students, he brought in bottom of the barrel 300+/- ranked teams to play instead.

Do you get how that just doesn't add up?

Do you feel foolish yet for parroting Crean's blatant BS lie? You should. Orange people are inherently disingenuous, it's why they're orange.

Assembly is an advantage, he wanted to use that advantage, and make himself look good. Anytime an orange person does something they're doing it for themselves, even though they tell you they're doing it for you. Only a fool believes them. Don't be a fool

Last edited:
Playing at a neutral site isn’t bowing down, just returning to the old way of doing things. UK is a border state and we had a good rivalry with them. We need to revive it.

I live in New Albany and know a lot about the rivalry, and I have to deal with Kentucky fans on a daily bases. I loved the rivalry myself but I would rather never play them again than allow that school dictate terms. We are Indiana and we need no one to be great.

I live in New Albany and know a lot about the rivalry, and I have to deal with Kentucky fans on a daily bases. I loved the rivalry myself but I would rather never play them again than allow that school dictate terms. We are Indiana and we need no one to be great.
Nobody said we need them except for Crean. That was one of his quotes*. We just want to play a damn game, quit making it something it's not.

*Please quit parroting Crean's BS - we heard enough of it when he was here.

Last edited:
F that, anytime anywhere. IU should be looking for neutral site experience as well.

Reactions: IUgradman

Plus the BS you're parroting was created by Crean. and we as fans bought it hook line and sinker. Until some of us noticed that he was scheduling 300(+/-) ranked teams at home for the students.

So while saying he didn't want or need UK, and how he wanted quality games at AH, for the students, he brought in bottom of the barrel 300+/- ranked teams to play instead.

Do you feel foolish yet for parroting Crean's blatant BS lie? You should. Orange people are inherently disingenuous, it's why they're orange.

Assembly is an advantage, he wanted to use that advantage, and make himself look good. Anytime an orange person does something they're doing it for themselves, even though they tell you they're doing it for you. Only a fool believes them. Don't be a fool

So is this some sort of Randy Newman inspired schtick, or what? Not that I disagree with your point about playing too many cupcakes...

Nobody said we need them except for Crean. That was one of his quotes*. We just want to play a damn game, quit making it something it's not.

I was parroting our own posters and I never knew that he said that. Why are you so hyper sensitive of our former coach? He is gone so it would be healthy for you to let him go.

Reactions: russelltodd
We used to have a rivalry with Kansas. Why not bring that back Arizona? Butler (on the years we don't play them)? Why not try to get Nova? I want programs that are run the right way and do not want to bow to Cal's crying and blame game. There are plenty of fish in the sea, and Cal would just play the sideshow blame game, when he lost. Until he is gone, let's just move on....

Crean would bring in shit non conference games thinking he would role them and it didnt work at. You have zero business playing schools like that because it hurts you bad if you happen to lose. Crean was terrible for a lot of things, and scheduling was one of them. . You should be scheduling schools like puke very year in your OCC schedule. Especially this year, even if you fall short to some of them you will beat others, and it will build your tournament resume and give you guys a better seeding in the tournament

I can't stand Crean and am certainly no parrot. Crean has nothing to do with it whatsoever. It's going to happen anyway, but I think it's sad that many seem to feel that adding those cheating bastages to our schedule is somehow validation of IU's return to relevance... silly!

From a television ratings perspective what rivalry games would have a better national draw than Indiana Kentucky?

I don’t think you can include games like Duke North Carolina. Certainly those games are huge but they are regional.

Last edited:
I can't stand Crean and am certainly no parrot. Crean has nothing to do with it whatsoever. It's going to happen anyway, but I think it's sad that many seem to feel that adding those cheating bastages to our schedule is somehow validation of IU's return to relevance... silly!

I like beating those cheating bastards. Every story needs an antagonist, a villain for the good guy to beat. UK fits that role.

What's Star Wars without Darth Vader? lol .. Baseball without the Yankees?

You didn't enjoy playing UK all those years, or UNLV in the 87 tourney, or UNC in 84?Those are some of my favorite games. What's the damn difference? And, what exactly do we gain from not playing them? A sense of moral superiority? LOL. in a made for profit entertainment industry?

Naw, I'd rather play them. Makes it far more fun.

And if Crean has nothing to do with it, why were the last two arguments I called out, squawk for squawk, parrots of Crean's? Those were the same things he said. The first was complete BS. The second doesn't even make sense.

Then there's the recruiting angle argument, about letting UK recruit indy. They could simply drive there in their cars. It's not like we built a wall around the city by not playing there.

Last edited:
I like beating those cheating bastards. Every story needs an antagonist, a villain for the good guy to beat. UK fits that role.

What's Star Wars without Darth Vader? lol .. Baseball without the Yankees?

Should we not play anyone that cheats? Remove UNC, Arizona, Kentucky, Louisville and just play clean programs? Naw, I'd rather play them. Makes it much more fun.

And if Crean has nothing to do with, why were the last two arguments I called out, Crean's?

Those were the same things he said. The first was complete BS.

Crean shocked me by doing this one thing right. It was broken clock syndrome as far as I'm concerned. Like I said in the earlier post, I loved the series no matter where it was played. I once really loved my ex-wife too. Cal and BBN sickened me even more than I thought they were capable of back during the strippers ankle saga.

Anyway, I agree with you about 90% of the time, but I can't be moved on this topic. That doesn't make me right... just stubborn I suppose.

Crean shocked me by doing this one thing right. It was broken clock syndrome as far as I'm concerned. Like I said in the earlier post, I loved the series no matter where it was played. I once really loved my ex-wife too. Cal and BBN sickened me even more than I thought they were capable of back during the strippers ankle saga.

Anyway, I agree with you about 90% of the time, but I can't be moved on this topic. That doesn't make me right... just stubborn I suppose.

Let your hate flow ... vbg .. I understand.

But it's that emotional investment you're exhibiting that makes that game seem more important and makes it much better. Hating UK makes playing UK fun.

Cal was as FOS as Crean, he knew exactly what he was doing and he lied as much. Assembly Hall is a huge advantage, an equalizer. He knows it, Crean knows it. It was just jockeying for position. Every good general in military history knows to choose terrain that gives them advantage. Only a foolish one fought where the opponent wanted. Crean had better advantage home and home better than neutral. Cal had the opposite.

Reactions: Paterfamilias
Let your hate flow ... vbg .. I understand.

But it's that emotional investment you're exhibiting that makes that game seem more important and makes it much better. Hating UK makes playing UK fun.

Cal was as FOS as Crean, he knew exactly what he was doing and he lied as much. Assembly Hall is a huge advantage, an equalizer. He knows it, Crean knows it. It was just jockeying for position. Every good general in military history knows to choose terrain that gives them advantage. Only a foolish one fought where the opponent wanted. Crean had better advantage home and home better than neutral. Cal had the opposite.

True! The hate is always what made me love the series. It's a matter of principle now though. We're already getting congrats from UK fans for being formidable enough for them to consider dictating terms of engagement again... gag!

It would be great to start kicking their asses, but l'm content to just knock them out of the tourney when the committee decides to make us play each other.

True! The hate is always what made me love the series. It's a matter of principle now though. We're already getting congrats from UK fans for being formidable enough for them to consider dictating terms of engagement again... gag!

It would be great to start kicking their asses, but l'm content to just knock them out of the tourney when the committee decides to make us play each other.

So, your letting UK fans dictate your feelings towards the series?

You think renewing the series gives them some kind of win?

F them. I want to play anywhere anytime because IU and UK SHOULD be playing each other and all the rest is superfluous BS.

F them. I want to play anywhere anytime because IU and UK SHOULD be playing each other and all the rest is superfluous BS.

We don’t need them. There are other quality programs out there who we can play. If we are a blue blood then we should not let others dictate terms especially after offering a legit compromise. Especially after they lie about their treatment at the Hall. Especially after they continually belittle our program. We can go elsewhere.

We don’t need them. There are other quality programs out there who we can play. If we are a blue blood then we should not let others dictate terms especially after offering a legit compromise. Especially after they lie about their treatment at the Hall. Especially after they continually belittle our program. We can go elsewhere.

The UK/IU rivalry has historical signifance given the overall success of the two programs and the physical proximity of the two schools. Playing UK in Indy is not giving in to them. If IU becomes the program we all want it to be, then beating Kentucky 50 miles from Assembly Hall shouldn’t be a problem.

The UK/IU rivalry has historical signifance given the overall success of the two programs and the physical proximity of the two schools. Playing UK in Indy is not giving in to them. If IU becomes the program we all want it to be, then beating Kentucky 50 miles from Assembly Hall shouldn’t be a problem.

+1

From a television ratings perspective what rivalry games would have a better national draw than Indiana Kentucky?

I don’t think you can include games like Duke North Carolina. Certainly those games are huge but they are regional.

I am all for IU vs UK, but it is a regional rivalry.

I hope we play every year. Not for the $$$ guys, which split us in the first place but for the kids and the fans. I grew up in EVV . The game was always cool because we live and work with people from both sides of the river.
I’d like to see them play in Evansville, and Frankfort, and ft Wayne, and bowling green and other cities in each state so kids and fans can enjoy. I know it’s crazy but how cool would that be?

BBN sees the IU fanbase as yearning to play them, while they couldn't care less. They mirror their arrogant coach with every firing of a synapse in their tiny brains. So, yes, I think longing to add them to our schedule under any format is a type of losing.

It's going to happen though, and I do agree with TMP in that an Evil Empire does make sport more engaging. It's win-win for me. I'll get to watch and enjoy (hopefully) the game like everyone else, but I've voiced my useless objection.

BBN sees the IU fanbase as yearning to play them, while they couldn't care less. They mirror their arrogant coach with every firing of a synapse in their tiny brains. So, yes, I think longing to add them to our schedule under any format is a type of losing.

It's going to happen though, and I do agree with TMP in that an Evil Empire does make sport more engaging. It's win-win for me. I'll get to watch and enjoy (hopefully) the game like everyone else, but I've voiced my useless objection.
They care, and a couple of early season wins over their early season inexperience and things will be back to normal.

I guess that is where we diverge in opinions because I just not give two sh*** about what BBN thinks. And I would imagine they don't care what we think and really that is how it should be.

I was at those games in the dome and they were great even though it seemed like we rarely beat them. I do know their fans were OBNOXIOUS after a win.

I guess that is where we diverge in opinions because I just not give two sh*** about what BBN thinks. And I would imagine they don't care what we think and really that is how it should be.

I was at those games in the dome and they were great even though it seemed like we rarely beat them. I do know their fans were OBNOXIOUS after a win.

A little irony relative to this topic is that Cal claimed he wanted to get away from these home-and-home type series, because they didn't prepare his team well for post-season play. However, he won a title the same year that his team was baptized by the fire of Assembly Hall... none since. Perhaps Cal had it backwards

A little irony relative to this topic is that Cal claimed he wanted to get away from these home-and-home type series, because they didn't prepare his team well for post-season play. However, he won a title the same year that his team was baptized by the fire of Assembly Hall... none since. Perhaps Cal had it backwards
Exactly, he was as full of sh*t as Crean was. But in his shoes, having a team that would be more talented but younger each year and how much of a disadvantage that would be in an atmosphere like AH, which eats ranked teams. What would you do? RMK refused to play them in Rupp, he's the one that wanted neutral settings.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT