ADVERTISEMENT

IU and MI

As far as wing production, I agree it needs upgrading.

I’m just not going to assume I can read his mind as far as what he is thinking.

last year it was clear that Trey was trusted by our staff, and he would have played much more had he stayed healthy. We losing Parker, those minutes are up for grabs. The offense moved so much better with Galloway on the floor. Whether you want to call him a wing or not, I see him being a trusted contributor as a 2 this year. Most likely a starter.
Galloway was a contributor last year, because he had to be. We were also a poor team last year. Galloway doesn't shoot well enough to start the 2.

I know its football, but you are starting to see really smart guys get NFL gigs. I have no idea if these young guys played, but I know they didn't play professionally lol. Sean, Zac Taylor, Shannahan, Matt Lafleur,Brandon Stahley.

Maybe they all played some college ball? They weren't good tho..... I know some jackass is about to post their stats and make me look bad. I feel it
I have always been of the opinion the really great players rarely make good coaches. To be a great takes a lot of ability and likely hard for them to equate as the game generally came easy. Not saying they didn't work hard. Lawrence Taylor isn't going to coach anyone to play linebacker like he did. Could Peyton Manning if he wanted to? Larry Bird may have done some of the best for a all time great with the Pacers. RMK was 6th man on a great team at OSU . Ted Williams wasn't a good manager. Football might be the easiest as there are so many more assistants as per Mike Ditka yrs, was it Ditka? Or was it Buddy Ryan and just a great pool of talent for a short time?

Reactions: Cavanagh
Galloway is a guard, not a wing, that's why he could play the point against Northwestern. Galoway would get minutes on a lot of teams due to his effort, smarts, defensive ability and ability to drive. The team was much better with Galloway available than when he wasn't. Absolutely sure Dennis doesn't give you much more than Galloway. McNeil's shooting would be a plus, but that's what we thought when Kopp transferred.

Give it up, you are just so wrong on so many things. Bet you never played on a high school and for sure not on a college team and have zero experience or interaction with coaches who coach basketball for a living. Not to mention I suspect you have few interactions with players who've played the game at the collegiate or higher level.
Galloway is a tweener. He subbed for Kopp and Stewart. He played a bunch at the 3. He’s really limited at both because of his shooting and if you noticed Woodson screaming at him to “shoot the damn ball”! I suspect if he doesn’t develop some sort of shooting he’s going to play less and less because of it as better players come into the program. He won’t keep real shooting guards that play defense on the bench.

Reactions: Champs1976
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT