ADVERTISEMENT

IT'S TRUE: Donovan was in Bloomington today

Believe what you want. Everything I've posted has been fact. Crean being fired, Alford, decision today, Archie, etc. I haven't posted anything that hasn't been true. Most of it came from 2 guys on the BoT

You said this hire was going to be a big time elite coach. You chastised someone earlier for suggesting Archie saying that we'd do a lot better.

Believe what you want. Everything I've posted has been fact. Crean being fired, Alford, decision today, Archie, etc. I haven't posted anything that hasn't been true. Most of it came from 2 guys on the BoT
That's actually encouraging!!

If two current trustees understand how to give a headfake to a guy like you, well then maybe the trustees know more about basketball than they've shown in the past !!

I heard that from the same people who were correct about every single detail of this process. I can tell you this...Archie was not IU's top pick. Dayton was eliminated 9 days ago. He wasn't targeted until yesterday. At the end of the day it doesn't matter. Archie is the coach and I'm excited about it.

By the way, do you really expect Donovan to say "Yes I was interested in the job but they wouldn't meet my demands so I decided against it"? Of course he's going to deny interest if he didn't accept the job.
If he wanted the job Glass needs to be fired tonight for not giving him what he ask if it was under $10mil a year..He would have IU back in 3 years tops...He said money wasn't a problem..I'll be glad when FG is gone....You watch Kentucky will pay him what he asks when Cal leaves..Id say $10mil a year..6 years $60mil in that range

Last edited:
He's a fake..Im sure if his buds saw Billy D someone would have taken a picture..This is not 1980..Everyone has a cell..He should be ban for lying to IU fans at this time
I didn't see him in Bloomington. I haven't been to Bloomington in months. Everything I've shared is what I've heard from people I trust. People in the know on this stuff. Doesn't matter now.

I didn't see him in Bloomington. I haven't been to Bloomington in months. Everything I've shared is what I've heard from people I trust. People in the know on this stuff. Doesn't matter now.
I understand ..But i think your boys would have snapped a pix If they saw him .I know i would ..I think your boi lied to you

You're still calling them "people in the know?"

Reactions: csrupp

The entire story just didn't make any sense.

First, tons of people said he was in OKC at the time.

Second, why the need to go to Bloomington unless you were there to sign a contract and risk your job/relationship in OKC if you backed out?

Also, one of the trolls on Peegs admitted they made the whole thing up and were Kentucky fans cat-fishing us.

Reactions: csrupp
You're still calling them "people in the know?"
They knew the following:
Crean was going to be fired before anyone thought it was a possibility.

Alford was out of the running while the local and national media said he was a sure thing

The announcement was coming today when people like Peegs said Monday at the earliest

It was Archie last night, when no one else was talking about him.

So yes, they're very much in the know. If I told you their names you'd agree. I'm done for the night. Going to a movie with my wife.

Reactions: calhoun26
They knew the following:

Alford was out of the running while the local and national media said he was a sure thing

The announcement was coming today when people like Peegs said Monday at the earliest

So yes, they're very much in the know. If I told you their names you'd agree. I'm done for the night. Going to a movie with my wife.

Just give it up man..Did you ask them why they didn't think to take a picture?There is 1noway he could have been in town without a pix being snapped .Even at the airport

I was receiving similar info as fpeaugh but reluctant to share any. Now it's done so here is facts you can take to the bank...

- Alford did not withdraw his name from the search list as claimed by some news articles. It was never there to begin with.
- BD negotiations did happen & interest was equally mutual
- timing was a huge problem as BD wanted to finish season/playoffs. Glass felt it risky
- Glass, unwilling to compromise, pulled plug
- Miller was always a backup plan

Believe this or not, I really don't care. No I was not there. It's beyond any point of recovery. The choice has been made.

Reply if you want but there will be no one on this end listening. I've wasted way to much time on here. Time for a break.

Like letting you know last night about today's announcement and that it was likely going to be Archie? Sorry for sharing. Calm down..."loser"...let the adults talk about this now.

LOL EXPOSED! Now have a seat with this nonsense you're spewing. Donovan was never here.

Reactions: IndyAuthor
I heard that from the same people who were correct about every single detail of this process. I can tell you this...Archie was not IU's top pick. Dayton was eliminated 9 days ago. He wasn't targeted until yesterday. At the end of the day it doesn't matter. Archie is the coach and I'm excited about it.

By the way, do you really expect Donovan to say "Yes I was interested in the job but they wouldn't meet my demands so I decided against it"? Of course he's going to deny interest if he didn't accept the job.

This post right here is factually wrong.

Archie met with IU reps in Atlanta on Thursday....so he was most certainly targeted prior to "yesterday". Then met with Glass in San Jose after that.

Unless we should believe you more than Archie's father.

Of course the very first post "100% that Donovan was in Bloomington" is also flat ridiculous.

You get a "F". Along with Albers.

Just because Donovan wasn't announced as the coach doesn't preclude him from visiting Bloomington.

Just because Donovan says he wasn't there doesn't mean he wasn't, what's he gonna say?

@fpeaugh clearly has a pretty good source of info or is an amazing guesser

Get off his back

Just because Donovan wasn't announced as the coach doesn't preclude him from visiting Bloomington.

Just because Donovan says he wasn't there doesn't mean he wasn't, what's he gonna say?

@fpeaugh clearly has a pretty good source of info or is an amazing guesser

Get off his back

He's full of shit. I had as much "info" as he did....but I realized it was still all grapevine rumor.

Donovan coming to Bloomington doesn't even pass the smell test. He would never be meeting there even if there was mutual interest.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
He's full of shit. I had as much "info" as he did....but I realized it was still all grapevine rumor.

Donovan coming to Bloomington doesn't even pass the smell test. He would never be meeting there even if there was mutual interest.

I don't disagree that it doesn't pass the smell test, it never did

But the fact we hired Archie doesn't render the Donovan rumor true OR false

I was receiving similar info as fpeaugh but reluctant to share any. Now it's done so here is facts you can take to the bank...

- Alford did not withdraw his name from the search list as claimed by some news articles. It was never there to begin with.
- BD negotiations did happen & interest was equally mutual
- timing was a huge problem as BD wanted to finish season/playoffs. Glass felt it risky
- Glass, unwilling to compromise, pulled plug
- Miller was always a backup plan

Believe this or not, I really don't care. No I was not there. It's beyond any point of recovery. The choice has been made.

Reply if you want but there will be no one on this end listening. I've wasted way to much time on here. Time for a break.

If the part on Billy D is correct then Glass is a moron and should be fired today. Hopefully, there was more to it, because it would be insane to be that short sighted. Thanks for posting the info.

Reactions: russelltodd
They knew the following:

Thanks for posting the information.

Other possibility is he was given deliberately false info either so (a) the BOT could know who was leaking or (b) simply so that nobody "scooped" the official announcement of the hire.

Disclaimer: UK fan here

Been following your coaching search on here just to see if this board was/is like ours during a time like this.

Verdict: Yep

The truth is out there but are 99 other lies and how can you tell the difference?

There is one "Inside Source Man" that claims to know everything, is not even close to the school physically, but knows exactly what's happening b/c of "connections."
Predicts multiple results, knowing that eventually they will be right.
They write in a very good style, are quite the fiction writer, while claiming inside sources which turn out to be just piecing together different info from different sites and posters.
Then, they claim they knew but couldn't tell.

Nice to see it goes on elsewhere besides my UK site.

As far to the Archie hire, congrats I hate to say but you got someone I didn't want you to get. I grew up on the Kentucky side of the Ohio River during the Bobby / Joe B. wars and had many a scrape with Hoosier boys over basketball and girls when the bridge was crossed, lol. Hate the Hoosiers with a passion and always hope you lose every game...... as it should be in a rivalry.

If Cal were to leave Archie would have been at the top of my list.
Coaches who have been to a Final Four or Championship game don't need to leave for a place where they will have to do a rebuild, they can get there from where they are and are making plenty of money. We are taking a step down when Cal leaves, no doubt. Only question is "how far, how fast"

Archie will have you guys going in about three years but you will be able to tell sooner than that.

Hope we get to renew the rivalry. I would wish you "good luck" but you know I can't! ;)

Haha this troll was so full of it. Hes still claiming BD was at IU on Friday when Archie was offered the job on Thursday night. Its very easy for guys like him to steal and piece together stuff off of twitter to seem like they are inside. My favorite part is how when the guy is wrong he always says "oh I knew it but I was trusted not to tell anyone". So answer this why was he allowed to tell us about BD but not Archie? Oh because hes full of crap. He should be banned no questions asked he lead us on.

Oh and by the way hes already on the next play in the pretend to be an insider playbook start saying "I don't care if you believe me or not". Next up he will threaten to go away and stop giving us inside news if we aren't nicer to him! Theres one of these guys on every message board!

Haha this troll was so full of it. Hes still claiming BD was at IU on Friday when Archie was offered the job on Thursday night. Its very easy for guys like him to steal and piece together stuff off of twitter to seem like they are inside. My favorite part is how when the guy is wrong he always says "oh I knew it but I was trusted not to tell anyone". So answer this why was he allowed to tell us about BD but not Archie? Oh because hes full of crap. He should be banned no questions asked he lead us on.
Archie was not offered the job on Thursday. That couldn't be further from the truth. He was interviewed...not offered. Big difference.

And I'm the only one on here who called the Saturday decision and I said it was likely Archie Friday night.

I know everyone's been waiting to pounce on me for the first bit of information I can't prove or that doesn't become true. That's fine. Negative people work that way. Unfortunately it's a mindset unsucceful and miserable people adopt. Always have, always will. I promise you I couldn't care less.

Archie was not offered the job on Thursday. That couldn't be further from the truth. He was interviewed...not offered. Big difference.

And I'm the only one on here who called the Saturday decision and I said it was likely Archie Friday night.

I know everyone's been waiting to pounce on me for the first bit of information I can't prove or that doesn't become true. That's fine. Negative people work that way. Unfortunately it's a mindset unsucceful and miserable people adopt. Always have, always will. I promise you I couldn't care less.
No reason to be upset or take offense. You got the timing of the announcement right and eventually landed on Miller. Good. Donovan was never a serious candidate and was never in Bloomington, so you missed on that one, as you did the extent of Alford's interest and IU's in him. Give yourself a 6 or 7 and call it a day.

. Negative people work that way. Unfortunately it's a mindset unsucceful and miserable people adopt. Always have, always will. I promise you I couldn't care less.

Oh, come on. I've mostly defended you on this but I think you're being an a$$ with this attack.

As I've said several times, the "Donovan was in Bloomington" makes zero sense for two reasons:

1) A gazillion people saw him in OKC at the time all the "insiders" were claiming he was in Bloomington.....and not a SINGLE picture of him in Indiana. Rabs said he saw all the email chains of all the rumors, including "Donovan was in Bloomngton" and not a SINGLE person....even the ones who started them...said they actually SAW Donovan. They just "heard" it.

2) It would be BEYOND STUPID for Donovan to go to Bloomington unless he was there to sign a contract. Why go, risk being seen, or the story leaking to your boss, if you're not there to sign? Makes zero sense. And why would he need to "go there" any way to make up his mind? What possibly could/would he see to make it a deal-breaker?

Your attack makes you look like the worst trolls on here I've put on ignore and if you're going to call people "losers" because they don't believe your story, then I know not to take you seriously anymore.....even if you do have good tidbits from time to time.

Oh, come on. I've mostly defended you on this but I think you're being an a$$ with this attack.

As I've said several times, the "Donovan was in Bloomington" makes zero sense for two reasons:

1) A gazillion people saw him in OKC at the time all the "insiders" were claiming he was in Bloomington.....and not a SINGLE picture of him in Indiana. Rabs said he saw all the email chains of all the rumors, including "Donovan was in Bloomngton" and not a SINGLE person....even the ones who started them...said they actually SAW Donovan. They just "heard" it.

2) It would be BEYOND STUPID for Donovan to go to Bloomington unless he was there to sign a contract. Why go, risk being seen, or the story leaking to your boss, if you're not there to sign? Makes zero sense. And why would he need to "go there" any way to make up his mind? What possibly could/would he see to make it a deal-breaker?

Your attack makes you look like the worst trolls on here I've put on ignore and if you're going to call people "losers" because they don't believe your story, then I know not to take you seriously anymore.....even if you do have good tidbits from time to time.
I've never called anyone a loser. And I've never attacked anyone for not believing me. Just responding to people who have been waiting to hurl insults. It's a function of the negative mindset so many people possess.

The irony of all this is a lot of the people who were the last to jump off the Crean ship are the first to try call you out. Even though you were spot on for almost everything. It would be nice if they took a moment and realized these things are very fluid situations and information changes quickly and thank you for your contribution. Cheers!

The irony of all this is a lot of the people who were the last to jump off the Crean ship are the first to try call you out. Even though you were spot on for almost everything. It would be nice if they took a moment and realized these things are very fluid situations and information changes quickly and thank you for your contribution. Cheers!
Cheers and Go Hoosiers!

I'm not going to criticize anyone for posting information that might inform or entertain me even if it turns out to be incorrect. I didn't post this previously, but on Thursday I met a guy who had a coworker (he's in sales) with ties to the IU administration, and the coworker was told by IU administration employees that Donovan had been in Bloomington last week. Had I posted that, I would have been wrong too.

Sometimes rumors get started on their own even before message boards spread them.

At this point, I see only one reason to doubt that Donovan was ever in Bloomington ... and here it is:

https://thunder.247sports.com/Bolt/...eeting-with-the-Indiana-Hoosiers-51979652/Amp

No reason to be upset or take offense. You got the timing of the announcement right and eventually landed on Miller. Good. Donovan was never a serious candidate and was never in Bloomington, so you missed on that one, as you did the extent of Alford's interest and IU's in him. Give yourself a 6 or 7 and call it a day.

What sources do you have then for your statements? How do you know Billy D was never a candidate? It's obvious IU was looking at someone else besides Archie Miller or they would have hired earlier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT