ADVERTISEMENT

IT'S TRUE: Donovan was in Bloomington today

Oh, come on. I've mostly defended you on this but I think you're being an a$$ with this attack.

As I've said several times, the "Donovan was in Bloomington" makes zero sense for two reasons:

1) A gazillion people saw him in OKC at the time all the "insiders" were claiming he was in Bloomington.....and not a SINGLE picture of him in Indiana. Rabs said he saw all the email chains of all the rumors, including "Donovan was in Bloomngton" and not a SINGLE person....even the ones who started them...said they actually SAW Donovan. They just "heard" it.

2) It would be BEYOND STUPID for Donovan to go to Bloomington unless he was there to sign a contract. Why go, risk being seen, or the story leaking to your boss, if you're not there to sign? Makes zero sense. And why would he need to "go there" any way to make up his mind? What possibly could/would he see to make it a deal-breaker?

Your attack makes you look like the worst trolls on here I've put on ignore and if you're going to call people "losers" because they don't believe your story, then I know not to take you seriously anymore.....even if you do have good tidbits from time to time.

Your second point is actually the same as fpeaugh made, he said "I see no scenario" in which Donovan comes to campus and isn't there to sign. He was wrong or was given wrong info about Donovan being here, but you both agree on the only reason he would be here.

At this point it doesn't matter. Lots of people on this board were wrong about a lot of things in the past few weeks. Now we know the decision, let's move forward.

Archie was not offered the job on Thursday. That couldn't be further from the truth. He was interviewed...not offered. Big difference.

And I'm the only one on here who called the Saturday decision and I said it was likely Archie Friday night.

I know everyone's been waiting to pounce on me for the first bit of information I can't prove or that doesn't become true. That's fine. Negative people work that way. Unfortunately it's a mindset unsucceful and miserable people adopt. Always have, always will. I promise you I couldn't care less.
Your did say it's now looking like Archie before it was so I believe you.

I've never called anyone a loser. And I've never attacked anyone for not believing me. Just responding to people who have been waiting to hurl insults. It's a function of the negative mindset so many people possess.

Play the word games if you want, but you said this:

"I know everyone's been waiting to pounce on me for the first bit of information I can't prove or that doesn't become true. That's fine. Negative people work that way. Unfortunately it's a mindset unsucceful and miserable people adopt."

So, only the "miserable and unsuccessful" question your full-of-holes story?

(rolleyes)

fpeaugh has been on target whether this part wound up true or not. IMO, he was relaying some information from a decent source whether it was 100% perfect or not. I wouldn't discount anything. Texas fired Strong and immediately spent all night meeting with Herman though that wasn't really much of a secret. Something could have happened overnight. NBA teams have really crazy travel schedules so that would have been nothing new to Billy D. Who cares at this point anyway. It is time to move on with a solid hire.

The problem with this is the trolls on Peegs kept changing their story on this. At first, they were having a circle jerk with, "Donovan is at IU....RIGHT NOW." When it was shown to them he was actually in OKC at that exact moment, they changed it to, "Ummmmm, we meant this morning."

They also changed the location of where Donovan was after that story was shot full of holes.

These guys claimed to have the same exact INSIDE INFO and after Archie was hired, one admitted he was nothing but a Kentucky fan jerking our chains.

Do I think this guy was? No. I think he just got wrong info on Donovan being there and refuses to admit it.

I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning. I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

ca26d62de955fdce6b2964e11e89deae.jpg

What sources do you have then for your statements? How do you know Billy D was never a candidate? It's obvious IU was looking at someone else besides Archie Miller or they would have hired earlier.
The media in OKC who are with him every day knocked down the IU talk early. He was never interested and he never traveled to Bloomington.

The media in OKC who are with him every day knocked down the IU talk early. He was never interested and he never traveled to Bloomington.

In other words you have no clue besides a few opinion pieces from the OKC media. Did any of these media outlets interview Billy D.?

In other words you have no clue besides a few opinion pieces from the OKC media. Did any of these media outlets interview Billy D.?
They weren't opinion pieces but rather eyewitness accounts. The rumors of Donovan being in Bloomington contained not one shred of supporting evidence. Sorry you got fooled.

Archie was not offered the job on Thursday. That couldn't be further from the truth. He was interviewed...not offered. Big difference.

And I'm the only one on here who called the Saturday decision and I said it was likely Archie Friday night.

I know everyone's been waiting to pounce on me for the first bit of information I can't prove or that doesn't become true. That's fine. Negative people work that way. Unfortunately it's a mindset unsucceful and miserable people adopt. Always have, always will. I promise you I couldn't care less.
Some of us are giving you credit for passing along what looks like good inside info. Where I go negative is when you deny the part(s) where you were flat wrong.

They weren't opinion pieces but rather eyewitness accounts. The rumors of Donovan being in Bloomington contained not one shred of supporting evidence. Sorry you got fooled.

I didn't get fooled. You are just struggling with reading. My first response to you was questioning on how you know Billy D. wasn't a serious candidate. You have still failed to produce any evidence to back your claim and then you proceeded to. be snarky towards about me about something I never brought up.

I didn't get fooled. You are just struggling with reading. My first response to you was questioning on how you know Billy D. wasn't a serious candidate. You have still failed to produce any evidence to back your claim and then you proceeded to. be snarky towards about me about something I never brought up.
Read any article from OKC media who cover Donovan and the Thunder on a daily basis. They uniformly said he was never interested and that he told IU upon their initial outreach that he would remain where he was. Do some research and you'll get a much better understanding.

Read any article from OKC media who cover Donovan and the Thunder on a daily basis. They uniformly said he was never interested and that he told IU upon their initial outreach that he would remain where he was. Do some research and you'll get a much better understanding.

So once again you make baseless claims and have nothing to back it up again (I'm still waiting for some evidence besides your opinion). Just like when you claimed Crean was staying. Is that the type of understanding you want me to have?

Some of us are giving you credit for passing along what looks like good inside info. Where I go negative is when you deny the part(s) where you were flat wrong.
I have no problem admitting it appears I was dead wrong on the Donovan visit. But I heard that from the same people who gave me all the other news. All of which turned out correct. But I have no problem admitting that the visit appears to have turned out to be wishful thinking.

I do still firmly believe Donovan had some level of interest and didn't give an immediate no. Glass didn't wait 9 days to offer Archie...he was waiting on someone. I still firmly believe that person was Donovan. Hence the reason Donovan didn't come out and deny interest until after the Archie announcement. He could've easily done it at any point last week. If he didn't have interest, he sure fooled a lot of people extremely plugged into the program and university.

I have no problem admitting it appears I was dead wrong on the Donovan visit. But I heard that from the same people who gave me all the other news. All of which turned out correct. But I have no problem admitting that the visit appears to have turned out to be wishful thinking.

I do still firmly believe Donovan had some level of interest and didn't give an immediate no. Glass didn't wait 9 days to offer Archie...he was waiting on someone. I still firmly believe that person was Donovan. Hence the reason Donovan didn't come out and deny interest until after the Archie announcement. He could've easily done it at any point last week. If he didn't have interest, he sure fooled a lot of people extremely plugged into the program and university.

Well, at least we're making some progress. :)

Forgot where I read it but one writer said Glass' statement at his press conference "sounded like a love letter to Alford." (that's why the entire national media thought it was a done deal for him)

And it was widely reported that Steve's people had been talking to Glass for at least a month begging for the job and working things out.

It was only after Glass called around the state (plus fans calling, emailing and faxing saying they wanted nothing to do with him.......plus that Open Letter in Chicago) and found he was SO disliked he had to find a Plan B.

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting. I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning. I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!
When we get back to Indiana we go to Ghatti's Pizza in Martinsville. The last time we were there I saw Elvis Pressley. He is alive and will be making a comeback very soon in Branson. He told me that Branson was made just for him because it is more laid back than Vegas is.

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting. I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning. I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!
When we get back to Indiana we go to Ghatti's Pizza in Martinsville. The last time we were there I saw Elvis Pressley. He is alive and will be making a comeback very soon in Branson. He told me that Branson was made just for him because it is more laid back than Vegas is.

Reactions: burnacct30

Any relation to Elvis Presley?

We gotta win that race!

The best Gattis was in princeton, in. They closed it because it was too awesome for the rest of the chain.

Also, the best bobes is in princeton, in.

Neither touches mustards, though. Love to make a stop at mustards everytime I get back to Bloomington!

Reactions: Coach Pete Bell
The best Gattis was in princeton, in. They closed it because it was too awesome for the rest of the chain.

Also, the best bobes is in princeton, in.

Neither touches mustards, though. Love to make a stop at mustards everytime I get back to Bloomington!
Funny story as far as I am concerned. For years I did not like a Princeton basketball player named Kip Jones because he put a tip in against Washington Craig Neal's Senior year back in the 80's. I recently found out the player's name was Kit Taylor. I had gotten the name wrong back then. So for all these years I couldn't stand Kip Jones and the truth is he did not exist. Whereas Kit Taylor has gotten away with it all these years.

Funny story as far as I am concerned. For years I did not like a Princeton basketball player named Kip Jones because he put a tip in against Washington Craig Neal's Senior year back in the 80's. I recently found out the player's name was Kit Taylor. I had gotten the name wrong back then. So for all these years I couldn't stand Kip Jones and the truth is he did not exist. Whereas Kit Taylor has gotten away with it all these years.

Didn't Kip Jones play for Purdue back in the late 80's?

Didn't Kip Jones play for Purdue back in the late 80's?
Played for Belmont HS and went to Purdue. I remember going to the Marion Regional and seeing him play in '85. I think he was a burger boy too.

ADVERTISEMENT